Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Retro Game Stores (Brick & Mortar) Post the ones near you!

Dec 4, 2018 at 8:44:11 PM
CharlieInTheTrees (0)
(Kyle ) < Cherub >
Virginia
Aside from what Parpunk said, add:
Gamer Oasis - Harrisonburg, VA https://gamer-oasis.myshopify.com...
Monster Games - Harrisonburg, VA https://www.monstergamesunleashed...

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:49:13 AM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
I know I've been to one this year that is not currently on the list: Epic Games in Victoria, BC. Here is their website so they can be added to the list: https://www.epicgamesvic.com...

-------------------------

Dec 19, 2018 at 5:39:03 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
You can mark The Revolution in Stony Brook, NY off the list, as I went there last night and the place was permanently closed. Oh well. Another one bites the dust.

Coincidentally I found another retro game store in the area. I haven't been there but it's there: GameOn Video Games actually 2 locations, one in Smithtown, NY and one in Miller Place, NY both on Long Island. Reviews on Google are very good so I might have to stop by.

Edited: 12/19/2018 at 05:50 PM by AstralSoul13

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:17:22 PM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Fortnite, Switch and the NES/SNES Classics have been very hard on game stores. GameStops right now are bursting with customers but all they're selling is low-margin stuff like new systems, new Switch games and Fortnite cards. Sales are way up at GameStop and other game stores that sell sealed product but profitability is way, way down.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:18:23 AM
sky125 (2)

(Jason ) < Crack Trooper >
California
I just opened a store in Petaluma California.

Nostalgia Alley
36 Petaluma Blvd N Petaluma CA
Facebook.com/nostalgiaalley
@nostalgiaalley on instagram and twitter

Jan 17 at 6:56:46 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I found yet another retro game store on Long Island, 2 locations... East End Gaming, one in East Port, NY and the other in Oakdale, NY. Just came from the Oakdale one and it was probably the best retro store I've been to. Literally every system they have something for, reasonable prices, fantastic selection, friendly staff. If you're on like definitely recommend them. I know that sounds like a sales pitch but really impressed with it. Nearly all physical retro stores price gouge like crazy and don't have a good selection or the staff is rude or unknowledgeable but this store is great, hits all the positive marks for me so I know I'll definitely be going back!

Jan 24 at 11:46:32 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor, MI shut their doors this month

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jan 31 at 4:24:08 PM
brianoblivion (0)
(Brian O'Blivion) < Tourian Tourist >
Massachusetts
Another store in Vermont. Very good too:

Jacks New And Retro Game Zone
239 Canal St
Brattleboro, VT
https://www.facebook.com/JACKs-Ne...

The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena — the videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality, and reality is less than television.

Mar 13 at 2:38:00 AM
Infamous Lunchbox (35)
(Ryan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Utah
Utah - Graywhale Bountiful is gone, new store opened in Layton, Utah - Minus World Games (minusworldgames.com I believe)

Mar 13 at 2:41:22 AM
bkilly28 (20)

< Cherub >
West Virginia
Rare Drops in Huntington, WV can be removed. They closed a few months ago

Mar 14 at 4:56:51 PM
najibbara (2)

< Cherub >
Indiana
Shallow Grave in Valaparaiso, IN is closed and is now part of Galactic Greg's, prices are high and I can't recommend it.

Play Raven Frederick, MD closed and merged with Cartridge Galore also in Frederick, MD. There is a Play Raven in Eldersburg, MD now.

The newer Play Raven in Eldersburg has a great selection and tons of stuff coming in and out of it. Prices are decent and he's cut decent deals with me in the past.

Mar 14 at 9:19:15 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Trade it is no longer in Raleigh... nowhere to buy games in the Triangle area ;(

Mar 14 at 9:51:29 PM
Vaosu (20)
(Richard Woodard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
New York - Warp Zone - Big Flats (Arnot Mall)

This shop is no more as of about 6 months ago. Mike, the owner, sold mostly everything to pursue a short-lived RV travel adventure. He now rents out his service of bringing multiple retro systems and games to parties.

Edited: 03/14/2019 at 09:51 PM by Vaosu

Mar 14 at 9:58:02 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Can't post the ones near me. Fucking repros. Non labeled repros at that...

Mar 15 at 12:57:45 AM
Infamous Lunchbox (35)
(Ryan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Utah
"Repros" of licensed games? I'm not going to lie that sits poorly with me. I think it's worth calling them out on personally. There's a shop in Utah - World Games Store - that knowingly sells repros of licensed and rare games and has the gall to charge more than the actual value of a real one. Called them out on it and they tried to tell me it was "better than an old one, because it's all new!" Claimed it wasn't fake, etc. Terrible business with terrible business practices. 

Mar 15 at 1:04:21 AM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
TMH Video in the California - Oceanside listing can be crossed off. The owners closed their store and retired around 8 months ago.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Mar 17 at 10:49:56 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Padywacs in South Lyon, Michigan is no more. They are now Archive Games in South Lyon, Michigan at a new location

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Mar 26 at 5:11:24 PM
Retro-Rob (3)
< Tourian Tourist >
Nevada
Not sure if this is the proper place to request an update change.

Im in reno nevada and sadly game force is closed. 

Click for my WTB List

Apr 29 at 3:16:00 PM
gunstar9 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Just a heads up - I'm the guy who ran CD-Xchange / Power Up Video games way back around 2010.
I also had the Games From the Grave store inside of Xion, then Alchemy over the past few years.
Now I've rebooted and am doing the retro gaming section inside of The Cool Place in Albany, GA.

https://www.facebook.com/TheCoolP...

May 28 at 9:08:05 AM
Hyp3rblue (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
Sad to say that the Play n Trade in Lusby MD is no longer there. It was supposed to change locations, but it looks like it has closed altogether.

May 31 at 10:08:24 PM
Tibbar110 (0)

(J Prime) < Cherub >
Alabama
Play Raven is in Eldersburg, MD and Gamerz Paradise is in Joppa, MD.

Jun 06 at 10:18:03 PM
MachineGex (38)
(Tom Machine) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
Vidja Games in Colorado Springs, CO. closed a year or two ago...
The Game Store in Colorado Springs, Co.(on 4103 Centennial Blvd) has been opened for 3+ years

Video Game Exchange in Lodi, CA has re-opened in a new location (Lakewood Plaza)

Stereotypes are real time-savers

Jun 24 at 10:26:58 PM
DaneTX (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
This is pretty impressive. Still surprises me the amount of folks into retro gaming. Had actually felt out of place wanting a NES. Great to see the passion.

Jul 28 at 8:53:52 PM
Fryer64 (45)
(Ryley C) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
The gameroom in Nebraska now also has a location in Omaha! Also, we are down to one gamers in Lincoln and one in Omaha. (New owner). Also there is a place called "Toys from the past", they mostly deal in toys but they have a strong dedicated game shelf. I'd count em.

Being totally bias here, being I work pt for Gameroom, they have literally almost anything you could want. 3 floors of non stop amazing retro/new/stuff you haven't seen before. That's in the back room. If anyone ever wanted to see a full video of that I could probably make that happen.

Edit pop culture exchange in Omaha is absolutely amazing. I did a really short video of terrible poor quality with the guy talking about his business, and the dude is really happy with what he does and it really shows and how he puts things together. He has decent prices, always has decent stuff on the shelf, and will sell box instructions and carts separately. If I wasnt in Nebraska I would hit up gameroom (bias), then pop culture exchange, and then probably game vault. those are going to be the ones that you're going to want to hit if you're going to travel across Nebraska.

Edited: 07/28/2019 at 09:15 PM by Fryer64

Jul 28 at 10:10:58 PM
NesQuest (7)
< Crack Trooper >
For Virginia:
Super Game Station is still open, but in Radford, Va.
The Record shop is is still in business...now at its own brick and mortar location.