Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can't seem to get video via Scoreboard to appear on laptop screen

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:58:56 PM
RyoGeo (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Oregon
I sincerely hope that I am forgetting something simple. I am trying to update my firmware and I just can't get any HDMI output from the AVS to show up on screen. Here's my set up.
  • Windows 10 on Acer laptop
  • AVS connected to laptop via USB
  • AVS connected to laptop via HDMI
  • AVS is on and getting power (red light is lit)
  • Scoredboard lights are green for Login and Console details
This is my son's windows machine, as the Mac scroeboard app is currently not functioning. AM I literally missing a step in windows to "paint" the HDMI input somewhere on the kaptop screen?

Any help is appreciated. I'd like to get the firmware up to date.

Thanks.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:05:30 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
I believe the laptop HDMI port is only for outputting HDMI (to another screen), not for input (from AVS, or other HD device). Cheers

-------------------------

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:08:26 PM
RyoGeo (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Oregon
Thank you! I'll stop banging my head on the wall.

Sep 15, 2016 at 6:59:12 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
You won't need to see the the video from the AVS to update it.

Just plug in the USB, open up the scoreboard app on your computer and turn AVS on. Update it through the software. No need to see any picture output from AVS. Dont even need the HDMI plugged in  

Edited: 09/15/2016 at 07:00 PM by Mog

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:20:58 PM
RyoGeo (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Oregon
All taken care of. Firmware upgraded.

Thanks again for feedback.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:32:39 AM
jetlagz8 (0)

< Cherub >
I am having an issue. When I plugin the AVS to my computer using the included USB cable and turn it on, the Scoreboard application does not show that it's been conected. I get power to the AVS and my windows 10 PC makes a usb connection sound. I can see in settings > devices that is shows an "AVS" is added as an "other device" but the scorecard application does recognize it as connected. Any suggestions?

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:34:18 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: jetlagz8

I am having an issue. When I plugin the AVS to my computer using the included USB cable and turn it on, the Scoreboard application does not show that it's been conected. I get power to the AVS and my windows 10 PC makes a usb connection sound. I can see in settings > devices that is shows an "AVS" is added as an "other device" but the scorecard application does recognize it as connected. Any suggestions?
Kind of a silly question, but have you tried all the USB ports on your computer?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:23:13 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Originally posted by: jetlagz8

Kind of a silly question, but have you tried all the USB ports on your computer?

Or maybe you need to upload your individual keys from NA to the scoreboard software?

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!