Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Feb 1, 2012 at 11:34:12 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Only way HHH/UT 3 woun't happen this year is if Brock Lesnar jumps back on board soon, but talk is that they'll just wait until next year for that since they already have the Rock returning this year for Mania

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:39:11 AM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
im still waiting on Sting to sign that WWE contract

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:08:23 PM
hotelmario (4)
(John ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: LucasWeatherby

im still waiting on Sting to sign that WWE contract

You will be waiting forever.

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:09:56 PM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
it would be an epic wrestlemania 20-0 match for undertaker tho!

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:15:44 PM
hotelmario (4)
(John ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Can't argue that point!

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:51:48 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Can ya smmeeeellllllllllll what cena's cook'in in this underpants @ Wrestle Mania?

-------------------------
Playas Guide Logo

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:28:13 AM
iressivor (8)
(Joe Pingree) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Sadly, Wrestlemania is pretty much the only time I watch wrestling these days. I used to watch it religiously, but it's just not the same product it used to be.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:04:41 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: iressivor

I used to watch it religiously, but it's just not the same product it used to be.

I agree 100%. I still watch Raw every week, but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be back when it was up against WCW Monday Nitro. The only times I ever watch Smackdown is when they do the live Tuesday specials. Otherwise I just read the spoilers on Lords of Pain Wednesday morning and save myself the two hours of actually having to watch it three days after it was taped. The PPV's are almost just as bad. I usually watch them all for free and still end up feeling disappointed more often than not. There's no way I'd order it myself and pay $54.99 or whatever they charge now. Most of the time they aren't any better than an episode of Raw except that they don't spend 2/3 of the show talking in the ring or having the announcers try to see how much stuff they can get trending on Twitter. As much as they talk about Twitter on there they should just change the name of the show to Raw is Twitter since getting trending topics is apparently more important to them than actually putting on an entertaining show.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 03/20/2012 at 11:05 AM by bearcat-doug

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:51:22 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Any one else just watch RAW? The Lesner vs Cena match is looking quite heated and we will probably be looking back at this as part of vintage coolection in 20 years.

Playas Guide Logo

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:48:37 AM
iressivor (8)
Michigan
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

Any one else just watch RAW? The Lesner vs Cena match is looking quite heated and we will probably be looking back at this as part of vintage coolection in 20 years.

Speaking of vintage collections, I just ordered The Best of Saturday Night's Main Event on DVD from Amazon this week. Now THAT'S wrestling!

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:32:38 AM
Sneak (37)

(Ryan K) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Originally posted by: iressivor

Speaking of vintage collections, I just ordered The Best of Saturday Night's Main Event on DVD from Amazon this week. Now THAT'S wrestling!
^^ Agreed.   I'm all about the "good old days" of wrestling - the 1980's and 1990's (granted I'm biased, as that's what I grew up with). 

I can't really stomach much of the "new" wrestling these days - like post 1998.   It just comes off almost as a soap opera (I realize that's sort of the point).  So many of these new wrestlers have crappy gimmicks, and there is just so many new guys that I haven't ever heard of or care to know more about. 

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:46:24 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I think right now is a good time for new viewers and old viewers to start watching again theres alot of recent returns and alot of new talent that my one day be recognized as becoming great.

Playas Guide Logo

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:48:12 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
The Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Rock battles were just so good to me that it's been all downhill ever since... Not to mention Bret Hart was my favorite and he just got done dirty by VInce even if they did try to throw him a bone a couple years back.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:33:21 AM
ulasamosa (280)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

The Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Rock battles were just so good to me that it's been all downhill ever since... Not to mention Bret Hart was my favorite and he just got done dirty by VInce even if they did try to throw him a bone a couple years back.

Bret Hart was my fav as a kid too bro.  Hitman > all.  He was the guy all the fans loved regardless.  But yea, as others have said its just not the same product.  80 and 90's was where it was at.  When Raw and Nitro were both on, holy crap (even tho Nitro was a far superior product at the time imo).  Raw had some great spots, but once WCW started hemmorhaging talent it was done for.  The early days of ECW was the definition of a show you "got your money worth".  Holy crap did people not have any regard for personal safety and just wanted to get a huge pop.  Plus when ECW was in its heyday 97-99 and you had Dreamer, SAndman, Raven, Taz, Dudleys, RVD, Sabu, Bam Bam, god damn what a great mix.  Plus Steve Austion could cut a ridiculous promo back then.  Dude was hillarious.

I never thought I would see anything liek the Attitude era or original ECW again, then came TNA.

God bless them.  They tried, and tried really hard. I give them an AAA+++ for effort.  The early days of TNA and the original X Division.  Petey Williams (my man!), Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, old Kazarian, Low Ki, Sanjay Dutt.  That stuff was ludacris. The first 3way between Joe, Styles, and Daniels!  That is a 10/10 showstopper no matter how you slice it.  Plus come on, as completely impractical as it was you flipped out everytime you saw Petey nail the Canadian Destroyer on someone. And just like ECW before it, what was once great, is basically a pile of crap now......

Things will never be the way they were as heads are concered about the safety of the roster, family friendly content to keep sponsers (ala WWE/Hasbro), and the general fact that people do still tune it, regardless of how mediocre it is.

one can hope, but im not holding my breath.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:02:26 AM
NexPhr3ak0r (75)

(Max Power) < El Ripper >
Massachusetts
The hey day of ECW was just the greatest. I remember staying up until ungodly hours of the night just to watch it on some crappy station no one ever heard of. When they'd come to massachusetts they would wrestle at a dog track in revere. Plus the guys were wicked nice to the fans and boy could they put on a show. You left that show feeling like you got your money worth and you wanted more.

Dreamer, Raven, Sandman, Sabu, RVD......ladders, tacks, barb wire, bats, frying pans and i think there may have been a kitchen sink or two.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:29:22 AM
iressivor (8)
Michigan

I hear ya. Bret was undoubtedly my biggest role model as a kid. Although I grew up in the Rock 'n Wrestling era of the 1980's, the New Generation is still my favorite time period of the WWF. I was so heartbroken when the Screwjob went down, I almost couldn't stand to watch WWF anymore. But at the same time, even though Bret was on WCW, I just couldn't bring myself to watch what I believed was an inferior product, either. He just didn't belong there. Nevertheless, I was literally moved to tears when Bret returned to host RAW a few years ago.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bret twice over the years. Very, very cool guy. He signed my vintage WWF collector's plate, which is one of my most prized possessions to this day.

Edited: 04/25/2012 at 11:33 AM by iressivor

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:36:31 PM
ulasamosa (280)
Ohio
Originally posted by: NexPhr3ak0r

. Plus the guys were wicked nice to the fans and boy could they put on a show. You left that show feeling like you got your money worth and you wanted more.

Dreamer, Raven, Sandman, Sabu, RVD......ladders, tacks, barb wire, bats, frying pans and i think there may have been a kitchen sink or two.

couldnt be any more accurate bro!!

We always hung around after house shows and the talent would come out and say hi, thanks for coming, sign pics and autos etc... I met Taz, Sandman, and Dreamer many, many times.  Dreamer remembered me, not by name of course but every time I saw him he would ask how I enjoyed this show vs last and whatnot.  Super nice guy.  Sandman was the same way too even tho he was just a bum....he was a bum with charisma!

We were at one house show and my buddies mother was there with us, we were liek 16-17 at the time and a kid in front of us freaked out, had a seizure and toppled over and fell down a few rows.  Well my buddies mom was a paramedic so she sprung into action.  So after the current match Dreamer and Sandman (Sandman was standing right on the back of my chair when the lights came back on, I freaked the fck out!!!) vs the Dudleys.  The security guys grabbed up and pulled us backstage where his mom was with the kid.  Next thing you know Dreamer, Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney, and Taz all came to the area we were backstage waiting on the ambulance cause they heard what happened and wanted to make sure the kid was ok.  Awesome, awesome fckin people that truly 110% cared about their fans.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:45:40 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Got some Hitman fans in here, eh? Shawn Michaels, HBK, has always been my personal favorite. Not going to lie, Wrestlmania 12 where he beat Hitman in the Iron Man match is probably one of my top 3 WWF moments all-time.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:55:20 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Originally posted by: jonebone

Got some Hitman fans in here, eh? Shawn Michaels, HBK, has always been my personal favorite. Not going to lie, Wrestlmania 12 where he beat Hitman in the Iron Man match is probably one of my top 3 WWF moments all-time.

I always knew you sucked Bonas! 

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:04:05 PM
ulasamosa (280)
Ohio

nah come on as much as Bret was my idol that match has emotion out the ass.  When it went 0-0 and Bret walked up the ramp only to be called back down to continue.  After HBK hits the SCM and gets the 3.  He dropped to his knees and turned on the waterworks.  Male soap opera at its finest!!

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:15:50 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: ulasamosa

nah come on as much as Bret was my idol that match has emotion out the ass.  When it went 0-0 and Bret walked up the ramp only to be called back down to continue.  After HBK hits the SCM and gets the 3.  He dropped to his knees and turned on the waterworks.  Male soap opera at its finest!!

I thought it went 1-1?  Man my memory is rusty.

I do remember Bret having HBK in the sharpshooter right as the 60 minute mark expired.  You know, the typical controversial ending to a championship match.  So then in the overtime, HBK hit the superkick (wasn't even sweet chin music back then) and got the 3 count.

Also, HBK entered on a zipline from the rafters for this match.  This was before Owen Hart's death, and one of the more memorable entrances at the time.  I don't think they'll be doing entrances like that ever again though.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 04/25/2012 at 02:16 PM by jonebone

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:54:45 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Nope, I remember seeing Owen at a live event in Tacoma WA a few months prior to his zipline death. That was crazyness.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:54:58 PM
ulasamosa (280)
Ohio

Originally posted by: ulasamosa

I thought it went 1-1?  Man my memory is rusty.

I do remember Bret having HBK in the sharpshooter right as the 60 minute mark expired.  You know, the typical controversial ending to a championship match.  So then in the overtime, HBK hit the superkick (wasn't even sweet chin music back then) and got the 3 count.

Also, HBK entered on a zipline from the rafters for this match.  This was before Owen Hart's death, and one of the more memorable entrances at the time.  I don't think they'll be doing entrances like that ever again though.

100% pos on 0-0!!!

and LONG LIVE HITMAN!!!

http://store.brethart.com/autographed-vintage-hitman-wrap-ar...

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:09:54 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Anyone watch Extreme rules tonight?
Looks like cena is going away for awail after the beatting he took, from lesner.

Playas Guide Logo

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:25:05 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
I'm shocked cena won