Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A legend of zelda: link's awakening (nearly flawless box) with an ok manual and cart sold for $600 on ebay

Jul 20 at 10:54:14 PM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
JOriginally posted by: 14u2ponder

Originally posted by: Lambda

Originally posted by: Gloves

Well shit. Anybody wanna buy my copy? Same condition lol. Actually, better condition considering the insides. My copy's minty on the inside.

I actually may throw an offer out there... DM me... this game changed my childhood in regards to my love for RPGs and I unfortunately only own a copy of the Links Awakening DX cart ... this game is one of my all time favorites.

You should have read the last page, dude sold it already. LOL, it appears that this game and this thread frankly has proved the validitly of the price for this game now. Gloves just mentions that he has the game and jokingly adds that anybody want to buy it. And he doesn't even list it on ebay and its gone. I'm sure he got more than $600 for it as well. New Standard appears to be holding true.
This game in that conditions has more demand than it has products to meet it and that's why the price is going up.
Gloves made a good payday it appears.

PS I ought to get a kickback for setting the price that he was able to get for his game,lol.

Yes lol that’s why I made my second post correcting myself. But I do agree that this game is gaining in value. While I own the DX cart, I’ve seen many ratings guides out this game at possibly the third best Zelda game ever made... and I’d be hard pressed, myself, to disagree  

-------------------------
whoami:iamroot

Jul 20 at 11:01:37 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Man I should have thrown a bid at you, cause I would have throw $300 cash at you no problem. And I'm a salesman too, I should have known and went after it aggressively, I had no clue you'd actually sell.

Jul 20 at 11:02:28 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

Man I should have thrown a bid at you, cause I would have throw $300 cash at you no problem. And I'm a salesman too, I should have known and went after it aggressively, I had no clue you'd actually sell.

I wouldn't have taken $300 cash.

Jul 20 at 11:10:36 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Well, the only things I have to trade are probably things you don't collect: namely gba games. I don't collect nes game.

Jul 20 at 11:13:39 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Well, the only things I have to trade are probably things you don't collect: namely gba games. I don't collect nes game.

I collect all sorts of games. In fact if you have GBA - I am looking for a nice copy of Sigma Star Saga.

Jul 24 at 6:37:50 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
I just received the other game that this guy sold: and the dude wrapped the game in bubble wrap so tight that he caused the box to bend and crease. He better hope to god he didn't do the same this with his zelda game. People have no clue how to ship these boxes, and this guy just cost himself money because I'm sending it right back to him.
The idiocy of how he packaged this game was absolutely mindnumbing.

Jul 24 at 7:31:10 PM
The Age of Genesis (17)
< Crack Trooper >

I just received the other game that this guy sold: and the dude wrapped the game in bubble wrap so tight that he caused the box to bend and crease. He better hope to god he didn't do the same this with his zelda game. People have no clue how to ship these boxes, and this guy just cost himself money because I'm sending it right back to him.

Oh no, that's terrible, some people have no clue how to ship stuff. Similar thing happened to me with a $140 game - except he was too lazy to get a box, so he wrapped it tightly in cardboard scraps as well.

Jul 24 at 7:41:27 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec

that's why I send clear instruction about shipping to any seller I buy from.

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Jul 24 at 7:44:55 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: TheBiRD

The dude charged me 8 dollars for shipping too.

Jul 24 at 7:55:30 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Oh no a whole 8 dollars!? Lol.

Jul 24 at 8:04:04 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Well, it's not egregious, however, it only costs about 3.50 to ship with the right supplies. I always charge 3.50 to customers, so 8 dollars is far more than he needed to charge. 

Jul 24 at 8:25:04 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Well, it's not egregious, however, it only costs about 3.50 to ship with the right supplies. I always charge 3.50 to customers, so 8 dollars is far more than he needed to charge. 

$8 is less than the minimum here in Canada for anything that won't fit through a mail slot, so...

Jul 24 at 8:33:10 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

$8 is less than the minimum here in Canada for anything that won't fit through a mail slot, so...

Okay, well, I'm not so mad about the $8 if he would have invested in some proper packing supplies. A good box and some packing peanuts, but hewrapped the game up in bubble wrap and then used box tap to "seal it". Just say no to that. I swear it is just frustrtaing because I was looking forward to having this box in my collection.

Jul 24 at 9:01:33 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Going through my transactions, I sold all of this back in 2015 for about $250

Jul 24 at 9:13:28 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Trj22487

Going through my transactions, I sold all of this back in 2015 for about $250

You can barely get the top row of that for $250 nowadays. Prices have gone up.

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 09:14 PM by 14u2ponder

Jul 24 at 9:49:29 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
The guy is already acting like he is about to give me some pushback. I don't want to tell him WHAT I KNOW caused the problem, because I don't want him to come back on me and say something like so you bent the game getting it out of the bubble wrap. The problem is, he knows that it did not have that crease before he shipped it, so he thinks somehow that I did something to it, rather than his own faulty shipping practices.

Jul 24 at 9:55:15 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
You have pic of the tight bubble wrap around the game?

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Jul 24 at 9:57:50 PM
The Age of Genesis (17)
< Crack Trooper >

The guy is already acting like he is about to give me some pushback. I don't want to tell him WHAT I KNOW caused the problem, because I don't want him to come back on me and say something like so you bent the game getting it out of the bubble wrap. The problem is, he knows that it did not have that crease before he shipped it, so he thinks somehow that I did something to it, rather than his own faulty shipping practices.

You don't have to stress about it, just open an item not described case, upload clear pictures, and eBay will side with you. You are 100% in the right. He's supposed to deliver it to you in the condition described in the auction, if he doesn't, it's his responsibility to fix it.

Jul 24 at 10:03:46 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: The Age of Genesis

You don't have to stress about it, just open an item not described case, upload clear pictures, and eBay will side with you. You are 100% in the right. He's supposed to deliver it to you in the condition described in the auction, if he doesn't, it's his responsibility to fix it.
I'm not really worried about it, I have a great reputation on ebay, it's just a whole lot easier if the guy accepts the return.