Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Will my games sweat?

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:21:13 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
I place my loose NES games in sandwich bags to keep em clean. (I have a pellet stove to heat my house, and it spits a very fine powder/ash into the air)

I'm just wondering if the games will sweat in the bag (create condensation buildup). The baggies aren't sealed, but they are closed off enough to keep most particles out.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening?

-------------------------

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:46:37 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
The games won't sweat, but unless you're making sure to use bags with acid-free plastic, it could damage the labels (in the very, very long term).

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:24:22 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
The games are also in the standard dust covers inside of the bag, so the majority of the label is not in contact with the plastic. I would hope to hell that they are acid free, cuz I pack my lunch in the same bags!