Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sharing my PSP Collecting Guide and Excel Checklist If you're interested in collecting US UMD games for PSP, start here!

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:06:27 AM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: Tim the Actuary

Sure.  The scan was of my cover, but here's a picture that also shows the spine.

Thank you so very much for the picture!  I thought your initial scan was a pic taken from the internet or store website.  I've seen a few of those.  I'll be sure to add it to the database in the next update for sure.

-------------------------
Currently searching for the manual for Game Gear Sports Illustrated game.

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:15:16 AM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Still love this system. Especially all the rerelease PS1 titles.

WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:10:29 AM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: supraderk

Very nice! Thanks for sharing and putting in the work to create that! I know your document is for US releases, but the PSP had a bunch of SHMUPS/Shooters released for it in Japan and since it's region free, they work on US systems just fine.  I know shooters tend to be highly collectable games alongside RPGs, so if this thread is just a place to consolidate information, here's my contribution:

These were the only 3 US released shooters that I know of (I'm not counting R-Type Command): Gradius Collection, Playtpus and Taito Legends Power-Up

Now starts the imports: Darius Burst, Kisou Ryouhei Gunhound EX, PC Engine Best Collection: Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Collection, Neo Geo Heroes and Parodius Portable

Salamander Portable, Sengoku Cannon: Sengoku Ace Episode III, PC Engine Best Collection: Soldier Collection, Star Soldier, Soreyuke! Burunyanman Portable Torimodose!

Twinbee Portable, Strike Witches: Shirogane no Tsubasa, Zero Cho Aniki

All of the import shooter compilations make the PSP such an awesome system.  Hook it up to your CRT via component or S-video and they look gorgeous!  Gunhound for PSP is not to be missed as well!

EDIT: Missed that you had Gunhound in one of your pics!

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Edited: 12/21/2016 at 11:14 AM by KAMIKAWA

Sep 30 at 3:02:48 AM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Thanks for all of the above help and for anyone else that reached out to me. After almost 3 years, I've finally updated the guide and spreadsheet to version 1.4. The link is below:

****Dropbox link to my PSP Collecting Guide PDF and Excel Collecting Checklist****
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ixkwki...

The updates I've added since version 1.3 include:
Collecting Guide:
• Updated grammar/structure.
• Removed material regarding Fifa '14 in light of physical US release found in retail.
• Clarified materials needed for Hilton Family disc play based on recently discovered materials
• Increased the full set U.S. game count by one to 612 in light of recently found Fifa '14 physical release.
• Updated GaijiinWorks section to reflect Class of Heroes 3 not being released in physical form due to pressing plants shutting down prior to release.
• Added Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep decal preorder bonus.

UMD Collection Checklist Spreadsheet:
• Fixed typos.
• Added WWE All Stars, Atari Classics Evolved, Guily Gear XX, and Monster Jam: Path to Destruction to Favorites section.
• Added Fifa 14 to Games List, increasing total count to 612.
• Updated Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines Greatest Hits to exist, although rare.
• Added info to denote misprint version of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike.

The link to the collecting guide and checklist are below. Please feel free to send me any feedback and to let me know if you find any mistakes or things that should be added (pre-order bonuses not listed, unofficial favorites not listed, strategy guide updates, etc.). Thanks goes out to u/PSPMan3000 for helping me verify some items and prodding me to pay attention to the PSP again after almost 3 years.

Happy collecting!

Edited: 09/30/2019 at 03:03 AM by MrNESGuy

Sep 30 at 3:59:14 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I see you got the Canadian misprint noted I love how teen is behind the early childhood

Sep 30 at 7:41:38 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: MrNESGuy

Thanks for all of the above help and for anyone else that reached out to me. After almost 3 years, I've finally updated the guide and spreadsheet to version 1.4. The link is below:

****Dropbox link to my PSP Collecting Guide PDF and Excel Collecting Checklist****
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ixkwkid95snfob9/AAC2ZlvZ3r4D6EL60...

These are some great guides!

I have a few additions for you:

ModNation Racers [Trade Demo] [ULUS-98741] (interesting, because retail is 'UCUS,' the trade demo lists 'ULUS'
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable [Trade Demo] [ULUS-80022]
^^^ I can confirm existence because I have these.

Patapon 2 (Demo) - UCUS-98734
^^^ I don't have this, but I can confirm existence, and have seen it for sale (barely missed it!)

If you would like more information on the 3 above, let me know and I can provide.

I just went through the demos sheet for ones I knew about or had.  I'll go through the rest of the list and see if I have any corrections / additions.  I've done an extensive amount of research on the PSP library and may have some more info.

Thanks!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 30 at 1:25:27 PM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Originally posted by: MrNESGuy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ixkwkid95snfob9/AAC2ZlvZ3r4D6EL60...

These are some great guides!

I have a few additions for you:

ModNation Racers [Trade Demo] [ULUS-98741] (interesting, because retail is 'UCUS,' the trade demo lists 'ULUS'
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable [Trade Demo] [ULUS-80022]
^^^ I can confirm existence because I have these.

Patapon 2 (Demo) - UCUS-98734
^^^ I don't have this, but I can confirm existence, and have seen it for sale (barely missed it!)

If you would like more information on the 3 above, let me know and I can provide.

I just went through the demos sheet for ones I knew about or had.  I'll go through the rest of the list and see if I have any corrections / additions.  I've done an extensive amount of research on the PSP library and may have some more info.

Thanks!

Thanks!  Demos (along with hardware and strategy guides) are areas in which I am not personally into since I was burned out collecting and chasing all of the Greatest Hits/Favorites games.  I'll be sure to add these to the next update.