Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Lufia 2 strategy guide Lufia 2 strategy guide

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:44:33 AM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

Originally posted by: acidjaguar

I'm basing a lot of that ranking of how many are known to me personally.  

I know of 

1 copy of vidiot passcodes
1, maybe 2, copies of vidiot adventurer's
2 copies of the Zelda III book
3 copies of the AD&D guide
4 copies of vidiot zelda
5-7 copies of tecmo secret of the stars
7-9 copies of lufia II
10 (probably more) copies of virtual bart 

I've seen a lot more copies of Lufia II than that, probably at least 15-20 and I lost an auction for that Vidiot Adventurer's Guide a few years ago before you got yours on the relist
It's really strange that Virtual Bart even gets mentioned becuase it should have been mass produced being a Prima guide, but it has always been hard to find. lol

Did you ever get an Aikman Playbook for a good price?
I've seen it once or twice on ebay since I found that one and there's always been like 3 or 4 copies on amazon for $400+

http://www.amazon.com/Aikman-Football-Official-Playbook-Brad...

Yeah that damn Aikman guide could probably take a spot too.  I picked it up at the right time.  It's good to hear how many lufia ii's you've seen though.  I figured there was a healthy supply of them.  

-------------------------
Please see the new goodness:   www.videogamesage.com

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:54:54 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
I collect strategy guides (have over 1,000) and this is one I still need. I can't think of too many rarer other than Crusader of Centy (Gen), Milon's (NES), and Lemmings (NES/SNES). OP, are you looking to sell, if so PM me!

Edit: There are other very rare guides in existence (outside SNES) (this msg. pointed to Commander Santa's question of which guides to look for). I keep thinking of them as I ponder it further. Einhander for PS1 is extremely rare. It was a pre-order for the game (a game not many people pre-ordered at a time when people didn't really pre-order) and was only available at EB! Another one is the the DS' DQM Monster Field Guide, which I believe was also a pre-order at GS.

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 01:01 PM by XYZ

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:03:39 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Someone find me an Aikman guide!

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:44:02 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: XYZ

I collect strategy guides (have over 1,000) and this is one I still need. I can't think of too many rarer other than Crusader of Centy (Gen), Milon's (NES), and Lemmings (NES/SNES). OP, are you looking to sell, if so PM me!

Edit: There are other very rare guides in existence (outside SNES) (this msg. pointed to Commander Santa's question of which guides to look for). I keep thinking of them as I ponder it further. Einhander for PS1 is extremely rare. It was a pre-order for the game (a game not many people pre-ordered at a time when people didn't really pre-order) and was only available at EB! Another one is the the DS' DQM Monster Field Guide, which I believe was also a pre-order at GS.

A buddy of mine found the Crusader of Centy Hink Book at a Flea Market last year. Still bugging him about selling it

Skullmonkeys is another one that I've only seen in person once.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:03:47 PM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States

There are some really rare NES guides that I've never seen and the only reason I know they exist is because of the order from in the back of the Zelda III SNES guide already mentioned. lol

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:03:47 PM

United States
double post

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 02:04 PM by nintendopower_4_ever

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:10:03 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
^ Well, I hear ya, but I have seen order forms for stuff that actually never was released/fulfilled. I think enough people have dug deep enough into the NES rabbit hole to find every last item. One guide I have that I have never seen mentioned in any "lists" is the Lemmings guide.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:16:24 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Silent Hill

A buddy of mine found the Crusader of Centy Hink Book at a Flea Market last year. Still bugging him about selling it

Skullmonkeys is another one that I've only seen in person once.

After you convince him to sell it to you, can I convince you to sell it to me?

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:32:11 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Wow I wasn't even aware of the Aikman guide. I've never seen a Lufia II guide in person but have seen it a number of times via auction. It's up to $300 now? Last person I remember on here trying to move it was between $150 and $200.

Haves     |     Wants

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:40:49 PM

United States

^ Well, I hear ya, but I have seen order forms for stuff that actually never was released/fulfilled. I think enough people have dug deep enough into the NES rabbit hole to find every last item. One guide I have that I have never seen mentioned in any "lists" is the Lemmings guide.

I don't. No one had ever seen the Zelda III guide until I found one last year and Dr Gamewiz wrote it after the NES guides on the list. You are just hyping that Lemmings guide because you have one listed on Amazon  

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:53:42 PM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana

I don't. No one had ever seen the Zelda III guide until I found one last year and Dr Gamewiz wrote it after the NES guides on the list. You are just hyping that Lemmings guide because you have one listed on Amazon  

I'd like to request a picture of this lemmings guide.  Everyone I've found is PC based and not NES.... 

@ NP4Eva - I've been in touch with the publishing company on the Zelda III guide and they don't have any records of the other guides as actually being published and sold.  They are searching around for me to confirm that they do exist still so we'll see what happens with that! 

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:57:32 PM

United States

I'd like to request a picture of this lemmings guide.  Everyone I've found is PC based and not NES.... 

@ NP4Eva - I've been in touch with the publishing company on the Zelda III guide and they don't have any records of the other guides as actually being published and sold.  They are searching around for me to confirm that they do exist still so we'll see what happens with that! 

Let us know!
That Lemmings Amazon title says it's for Sega and Nintendo, but I know the couple of others are PC, so he's probably right

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:42:30 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio

Let us know!
That Lemmings Amazon title says it's for Sega and Nintendo, but I know the couple of others are PC, so he's probably right

Crap, you weren't kidding! I forgot my copy was up for sale, which I listed a long time back. Goes to show how often I login to my seller account and how very unoften anyone buys my stuff over there vs. eBay. Anyways, Acid, I will upload a pic here in a few moments. It is definitely for the consoles and not PC.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:57:24 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio

Publisher: Kuma, 282 pages!

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 05:59 PM by XYZ

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:32:23 PM

United States

Is this an import guide from the UK?

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:33:17 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York

I feel like I've accidentally entered the "Secret Club of the Guidesmen."

You guys have taught me a huge wealth of new information about a segment of our hobby I didn't even know existed.
Thanks for the deep week of insight - and for helping OP as well.

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:10:54 PM
2zappers (0)

< Cherub >
Yes thanks for the info guys! I'm glad I came here, you guys know your stuff.

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:08:25 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Is this an import guide from the UK?

I'm assuming that too since they said "Mega Drive"

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:56:59 AM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
It appears Kuma is based out of England, I can't find any info. that they did any other guides, but I bet they did.

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:14:20 PM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
While this conversation is going... someone sell or trade me a Virtual Bart guide.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:18:06 PM
BalloonFight (233)
California
Also, I've had this idea for a while and want to put a feeler out there. Would you guys be down to have an extra paper trading thread? Basically just list your extra guides / magazines / hint books in the thread with your WTTF. I'm at the point of magazine collecting that I have quite a few doubles (as well as guide doubles) and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:47:28 PM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana
Originally posted by: BalloonFight

Also, I've had this idea for a while and want to put a feeler out there. Would you guys be down to have an extra paper trading thread? Basically just list your extra guides / magazines / hint books in the thread with your WTTF. I'm at the point of magazine collecting that I have quite a few doubles (as well as guide doubles) and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I could get with something like that.  Glad to see you chime in here, finally!  

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:05:05 PM
BalloonFight (233)
California

Lufia II guides bring all the boys to the yard.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:28:05 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon

Feel free to post any of that stuff in the orphan manual trading thread I started if you want.

http://mobile.nintendoage.com/for...

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:45:02 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

Damn, should of given you all those PS1 guides instead of Ben.  Assuming you collect those too I guess.  Didn't realize how much of a "paper" guy you were

Some day I need a tour of your library

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 04/19/2016 at 04:46 PM by Brock Landers