Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"NEW" Nintendo 3DS XL - Upper Screen Replacement

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:28:17 PM
TwistedCivic (3)
< Little Mac >
NA,

My son damaged his NEW Nintendo 3DS XL (2015 model) upper screen and it needs to be repaired. Has anyone ordered a screen replacement? There are quite a few options on eBay and Amazon but I really can't get a read on the quality. I don't mind sending it to Nintendo for repair ($120.00), but I am confident I have the technical skills to replace it myself. If anyone has actually ordered a replacement screen, I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance!

TC

-------------------------
Life is short. Smile more days than you don't!

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:19:43 AM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Ever since the DS Lite, replacing the top screen in any DS system has been a herculean feat. It's not the screen, but the ribbon cable that goes through the hinge. If there is even the slightest creasing in the ribbon cable, it's ruined, which is very easy to do when you have to coil the damn thing. If the NEW 3DS XL is anything like the previous models, I say send it in to Nintendo and dodge a bullet.

Edited: 11/24/2016 at 12:20 AM by Guntz

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:39:35 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Guntz

Ever since the DS Lite, replacing the top screen in any DS system has been a herculean feat. It's not the screen, but the ribbon cable that goes through the hinge. If there is even the slightest creasing in the ribbon cable, it's ruined, which is very easy to do when you have to coil the damn thing. If the NEW 3DS XL is anything like the previous models, I say send it in to Nintendo and dodge a bullet.

Yep, I too thought this would be an easy fix and encountered that exact same issue. Send it to Nintendo.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:43:35 AM
TwistedCivic (3)
< Little Mac >
Thank you both for the feedback. I'll be sending it in next week.

Life is short. Smile more days than you don't!