Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official NHL Playoffs 2011 Trash Talk - Smack Talk Root your team on to Victory thread...

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:39:50 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I don't think it was Luongo's fault completely. He did let in some stinkers, but if our offense would have showed up at all, we could have had a better shot. But players were playing with broken fingers (Edler) and a broken foot (Higgins) and who knows what else. We just had nothing left.

I agree...you can't win if you don't score a single goal, no matter how good your goalie is...

-------------------------
My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:14:00 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Skulldeath, I'm sure that graphic was made by some fan of some team we beat the shit out of. So gloat all you want.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:16:20 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I'm sure that graphic was made by some fan of some team we beat the shit out of.

On your way to what?

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:42:00 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: SKULLDEATH9000

This is

That kind of shit is so stupid.    They are tough in their own way, both mentally and physically.   So they don't fight so what.    You need some gretzkys in your line up to go with the Semenkos you know

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 06/17/2011 at 01:44 AM by Bronty

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:01:44 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
The Sedins really generated a lot of negativity in these playoffs. A lot of people who don't care one way or the other about Vancouver really turned on them when they disappeared in important games.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:27:17 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
OK - but its one thing to say "hey these guys could have played better" and another to constantly challenge the manhood of the scoring leaders in the NHL. If it was so easy everyone would score points like they do. Did they underperform a little in the playoffs? A bit, yeah, I would agree with that but so do lot of players every year. I just think the "girl" jokes are tired and unimaginitive and insulting to two very good hockey players and people (from what I can tell).

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:39:06 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
The joke in itself is very good I think. Just let it be a joke.

Edited: 06/17/2011 at 02:39 AM by guillavoie

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:41:16 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Bronty

OK - but its one thing to say "hey these guys could have played better" and another to constantly challenge the manhood of the scoring leaders in the NHL. If it was so easy everyone would score points like they do. Did they underperform a little in the playoffs? A bit, yeah, I would agree with that but so do lot of players every year. I just think the "girl" jokes are tired and unimaginitive and insulting to two very good hockey players and people (from what I can tell).

Oh, I wasn't defending that stupid picture. I was just attempting to contribute to the discussion.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:44:31 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: guillavoie

ah I guess you're right

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:45:20 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: xARSEFACEx

Oh, I wasn't defending that stupid picture. I was just attempting to contribute to the discussion.

I guess the loss is still a little fresh   Sorry bro!

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:48:35 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Originally posted by: guillavoie

ah I guess you're right

Ah! Now that's our new mod!

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:49:50 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
hehehe

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:50:30 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana

No worries.

Admittedly, Vancouver is one of my least favorite teams, but I do think it's crazy how quickly people are dumping on the entire team. If you're gonna talk trash, it should at least be about someone who deserves it like Raffi Torres.

Jun 17, 2011 at 8:07:02 AM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
What a great year of playoff action!

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:21:45 AM
SKULLDEATH9000 (161)
(Jay Z ) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland

That was mainly my first dig against the Canucks.  I respect the Sedins they are extremely talented but the fault does waiver on Luongo.  Hockey is one of the most mentally demanding sports I have ever played.  If you don't have confidence no matter how well you skate or shoot, it will impact your game ten fold! 

Players who don't have confidence in the goalie, aren't going to have that extra boost of energy that is needed to win game 7 match ups.  I didn't pick the Bruins cause I like the Bruins, I hate them in all honesty.  I picked the Bruins because of Thomas and how well he was playing down the stretch.  I felt if he could get hot they could ride that ship all the way to the Finals.  I saw the talent they had as well and analyzed it pretty close with Tampa's.  Boston won my vote by the narrowest margin and its there ability to win big games on the road.  It proved to be true in the playoffs. 

Back in the days of Pavel Bure, Linden, Ronning, Courtnall and Nedved I was a huge Canucks fan.  I lost my allegiance after they shafted Bure and went to those terrible orca jerseys.  Rather than have two hockey teams I ultimately continued to root for Bure upon his departure but was a Devils fan all along.  I always wanted to see a Canucks vs Devils final and it nearly happened in 1994.

The main reason for my resentment for the Canucks this season has been the arrogance of fans.  Not so much of Kevin and Dan who I knew were Canucks fan well before this season started.  I am talking about the Winroba's who talk mad smack than vanish off the thread and go hide.  So it felt that much better when Boston shut out the Canucks in game 7. 

I just think Vancouver was tired at the end of the game, they had a few minutes of pure dominance and Boston's transition game just could not be answered by the Canucks defense.  I saw a lot of of things and Boston's game plan was simple, shoot and get the puck on the net, worry about the end result later.  Vancouver was trying to make every goal an espy with over-passing, dekes and finesse shots. 

This will hurt for the entire city of Vancouver more so than the 1994 loss, because they were the presidents trophy cup winner and I just think it was too much pressure for them in game 7 I really do.

Skulldeath,

Out

<--- Don't be a JIVE TURKEY!
Magfest 2016:  "Even kids are dying to play this game"
Magfest 2016:  "Slip em a 20" 

Campout 2011: "I hate TETRIS I would like to go back in time and punch that Soviet dude right in the FACE"
Chuck Yeager's Fighter Combat - Chuck Yeager "I don't even know you." 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Thread Owner of Enslaved's 5000th POST!

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:00:54 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: SKULLDEATH9000

Anyone seen Winroba?, I only have like 20 quoted posts I want to shove down his throat )

Nope, he's apparently turtled like Ehrhoff.

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:49:28 PM
winroba (32)
(Archer Cartridge) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
Great playoff round, I really wasn't expecting the Bruins to come out like they did. They were really able to ramp up their play in the final, some people may be blaming Luongo but that's pretty stupid, you can't win games if you don't score goals.

I said I expected the Canucks to beat the Bruins of the ECF but the team that showed up in the SCF wasn't the same Bruins. Was really impressed by players like Marchand and what the Bruins had that the Canucks lacked were veteran players like Recci who could talk to the room and who know what it's like to play in the SCF and come out on the winning end.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed because it was a good series and the Canucks have the same core going into next year. Quite frankly I'm amazed they got this far after having seen the list of injured Canucks (H. Sedin back problems, Ehrhoff shoulder, Edler broken fingers, Kesler strained groin, Bieksa strained leg muscles from Bruin slash, Hamhuis core injury).

Good playoff run, I expect this summer that Gillis will be signing players like Ryder, Cole, LaRose, Pitkanen if Ehrhoff leaves as a free agent etc. Players with cups who can have a big impact in the room. Looking forward to the draft and see what Gillis does to wheel & deal to improve the team.

WiiU: Archer

I find cool things

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:49:37 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Well for the record i'm not a Canucks fan, I was just rooting for them, I still can't believe Boston won the cup.

I pretty much started hating Boston last year, after they choked away a 3 game lead and a 3 goal lead in game 4...and I was rooting for them.

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone