Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2018 Weekly Contests Presents: Qix Contest ends Sunday, 10/07/18 at 11 PM NA time

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:18:41 PM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: arnpoly

Too frustrating, couldn't get any higher than 82K-83K over all attempts. This is only the second game I've skipped in five years of playing in these contests. I don't feel bad about that at all.  

I'll be interested in seeing what difficulty rating Qix gets when it comes time to beat it for your blog.

It’s interesting the beat every nes thread says break 100k but I noticed Mexican runner video had beat level 10 obviously beating level 10 is more of a challenge 

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:36:03 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: tablew/chairs

Too frustrating, couldn't get any higher than 82K-83K over all attempts. This is only the second game I've skipped in five years of playing in these contests. I don't feel bad about that at all.  

I'll be interested in seeing what difficulty rating Qix gets when it comes time to beat it for your blog.

It’s interesting the beat every nes thread says break 100k but I noticed Mexican runner video had beat level 10 obviously beating level 10 is more of a challenge 

Yeah, 100k can be done fairly easily in just three levels.

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:54:52 PM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: bertsampson

11/10 for me.  Both Qix and RC Pro-Am HATE me, so both are 11/10.   

I will probably shoot for clearing Level 10 but I'll assess for myself once the time comes.  As long as I'm not trying to point press, it won't be as hard as it seems right now.  A 100K score should happen without trying if I'm just worrying about levels.

-------------------------
Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:02:10 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Originally posted by: bertsampson

11/10 for me.  Both Qix and RC Pro-Am HATE me, so both are 11/10.   

I will probably shoot for clearing Level 10 but I'll assess for myself once the time comes.  As long as I'm not trying to point press, it won't be as hard as it seems right now.  A 100K score should happen without trying if I'm just worrying about levels.

I struggled mightily to even get participation when we played RC Pro Am last year.

I didn't think that Qix was so bad. Aggravating, yes. But I was able to get a decent score through persistence. I liked to build a narrow vertical wall near the bottom right corner of the screen and try to trap the Qix between my wall and the side of the screen and then seal it up. I was able to get almost 100k for the first two levels using that strat. For the double Qix I'd build horizontally through the center to split the screen and hope to get them to separate.

I think the furthest I got was stage 7. I was just playing for points not progress though.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 10/08/2018 at 01:02 PM by mbd39

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:22:38 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Looking at the overall standings, imagining no one drops out of the finals, and it being a seeded bracket like last year. That puts me going head to head with tables in round one. Last year I went head to head with bea in round one. Seems like I am trying to ignore the green pastures and running head first to the craggy mountains.

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:11:27 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
More importantly than all that we need to start thinking up ways to breath some life back into this thing. It's was absolutely dismal. Big features that were missing, we all miss commander Santa of course. Bricks interviews were fun. My shenanigans. But beyond that hardly anyone talked, every week was like 75% mbd talking. Hardly any yeah talk. Any trolling attempts were either misinterpreted or ignored. The core group of us need to step out up and show any rookies that come along what it means to be here

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:31:39 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Case in point

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:05:27 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

More importantly than all that we need to start thinking up ways to breath some life back into this thing. It's was absolutely dismal. Big features that were missing, we all miss commander Santa of course. Bricks interviews were fun. My shenanigans. But beyond that hardly anyone talked, every week was like 75% mbd talking. Hardly any yeah talk. Any trolling attempts were either misinterpreted or ignored. The core group of us need to step out up and show any rookies that come along what it means to be here

Not even a mention of tapeworms videos. His poor wittle heart   

i just got tired of trying to type on the forums via Mobile it’s a chore and I don’t have time and it’s easier and more fun to film myself talking trash while playing the games. 

Talkong shit is my main way of communication. Mbd was the main character like you said but he doesn’t talk trash :/ and it’s weird he has this way of idk how to explain it... during ng2 I just wanted to say to you mbd “you suck at ng2” but he has some kind of way like his reponce would be a very ... almost like lecture about aspects of the game lol 

so It’s like a trick but it turns tapeworm into the grinder (not good for you mbd) cause now I just want to beat this guy this week and win. But it’s good for me cause tapeworm uses trash talk to self motivate if he’s getting a response from you tapeworm is fueled. But the grinder is motivated by a more determined force that comes from a desire to win..... but both don’t care much about winning themselves more motivated by seeing others not win. 

Like sandafloor. God tapeworm loves beating sandafloor. If it’s in kobra form or the grinder sanda hates losing to them. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 10/09/2018 at 05:15 AM by skinnygrinny

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:13:47 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

i just got tired of trying to type on the forums via Mobile it’s a chore and I don’t have time and it’s easier and more fun to film myself talking trash while playing the games. 

Talkong shit is my main way of communication. Mbd was the main character like you said but he doesn’t talk trash :/ and it’s weird he has this way of idk how to explain it... during ng2 I just wanted to say to you mbd “you suck at ng2” but he has some kind of way like his reponce would be a very ... almost like lecture about aspects of the game lol 

I'm definitely not as good at NG2 as NG1. For some reason I suck at the second form of the final boss. I always have.

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:18:33 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I'm definitely not as good at NG2 as NG1. For some reason I suck at the second form of the final boss. I always have.
Jesus you just did it! I swear I wanted to say “ya, when you said that I thought it must be sorta tough mbd plays a lot of ng2....” no no no! It’s because you suck at NG! Lol the first game is the easiest one and the second form of the final boss was the easiest form! 

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:23:14 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I definitely agree about the first game being the easiest.

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:52:13 AM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Don't worry tapeWOM, if not for rich telling me to watch your videos I wouldn't have come back to put up some scores. You called me out, I responded. And maybe that's something to discuss. We could attempt to add some extra challenges in.

Look at qix, easy enough to break 50k, harder to reach stage ten. Maybe anybody who teaches stage term gets some sort of bonus points regardless of breaking that participation score or not.

Maybe random draws and putting players had to head for a prize or bonus points during bye weeks.

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:45:26 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Don't worry tapeWOM, if not for rich telling me to watch your videos I wouldn't have come back to put up some scores. You called me out, I responded. And maybe that's something to discuss. We could attempt to add some extra challenges in.

Look at qix, easy enough to break 50k, harder to reach stage ten. Maybe anybody who teaches stage term gets some sort of bonus points regardless of breaking that participation score or not.

Maybe random draws and putting players had to head for a prize or bonus points during bye weeks.

Haha! I think (I know it’s true for me) I just don’t have the time to play a lot each week. I have to pick and choose which games I really want to try and basically play when time permits. I can’t always bring a nice dialogue of trash talk every week either. 

Oct 9, 2018 at 3:13:25 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
You ladies better spice things up during the tournament OR ELSE!  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:46:30 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Idk, I enjoyed this year for the competition and game list although obviously I love shenanigans. Every year of the contests is kind of its own thing and it was just a little more stripped back and reserved this year. Should be a good tourney

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:51:24 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: Krunch

Idk, I enjoyed this year for the competition and game list although obviously I love shenanigans. Every year of the contests is kind of its own thing and it was just a little more stripped back and reserved this year. Should be a good tourney

+1 every year is different. 

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:54:52 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Remember that 2016 and 2017 were major outliers in terms of contest participation. You can't expect the contests to always be like that.

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:41:20 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
I just want some entertainment. Thats on all of it's too provide. I'll figure out something for next year that isn't going to involve me holding to a set schedule. I really had big plans for this year but the dead threads killed my motivation

Edited: 10/09/2018 at 07:41 PM by SuperJimtendo

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:06:37 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado

Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

That ear of corn qix reminds me of somebody.....

Don't you DARE!

what game is this guy from again?

Yeah! Whatever happened to this guy? 🧐

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

Edited: 10/09/2018 at 08:08 PM by Murray

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:25:28 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: Murray

Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

That ear of corn qix reminds me of somebody.....

Don't you DARE!

what game is this guy from again?

Yeah! Whatever happened to this guy? 🧐

Don't you worry about planet express, you let  me worry about blank

Edited: 10/09/2018 at 08:26 PM by SuperJimtendo