Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Modding the AVS

Apr 20 at 5:00:31 PM
Nemesis Prime (0)
< Cherub >
Has anyone out there modded their AVS? Other than the new cartridge board install, I can't find too many topics on this. I'd like to swap out the red power LED for a blue one, and since I'm not electrically compentent, I'd like to follow a guide or get some advice from someone who has tried.

Apr 22 at 9:22:11 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
The power button board is literally the exact same as the one used in the Toaster (original NES), so if that's all you're wanting to do, you don't need any special guides--just look up the details of how folks did it on those consoles. Technically speaking, you'd just need to figure out which leg is which on the LED, desolder the original LED, then solder in whichever new one you want. I did literally the same thing this weekend on a couple of Apple IIgs boards a guy I know wanted updated with color changing LEDs.

-------------------------
Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Apr 22 at 9:58:20 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Nemesis Prime

Has anyone out there modded their AVS? Other than the new cartridge board install, I can't find too many topics on this. I'd like to swap out the red power LED for a blue one, and since I'm not electrically compentent, I'd like to follow a guide or get some advice from someone who has tried.

I'd let it go....

-------------------------

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Apr 22 at 1:03:34 PM
Nemesis Prime (0)
< Cherub >
Originally posted by: darkchylde28

The power button board is literally the exact same as the one used in the Toaster (original NES), so if that's all you're wanting to do, you don't need any special guides--just look up the details of how folks did it on those consoles. Technically speaking, you'd just need to figure out which leg is which on the LED, desolder the original LED, then solder in whichever new one you want. I did literally the same thing this weekend on a couple of Apple IIgs boards a guy I know wanted updated with color changing LEDs.

Good to know. Thanks for the advice!

Edited: 04/22/2019 at 01:06 PM by Nemesis Prime