Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

Mar 29 at 8:54:25 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: qixmaster

yeah odd for sure listing flea market fodder, but can't hurt to try! definitely not a sign of whats to come.

Eh, I don't know.  The whole appeal of Heritage is that it's super high end stuff for top tier collectors exclusively.  If more of this junk shows up it's going to cheapen the product for sure.

-------------------------
Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 29 at 11:52:06 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Heritage (or any real auction house for that matter) isn't eBay or a flea market.

Imagine if Barret-Jackson was selling beat up 15 year old Honda Civics with broken transmissions, or if Sotheby's was selling crayon drawings from random children. Yeah it "could" happen and maybe has happened before, but it definitely cheapens the idea of a high end marketplace.

So strange to see a random Atari lot like that.

Edit: The only reason I can think of justifying it even remotely being on there is because it’s a “Vader” console...

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 03/29/2019 at 11:55 AM by PowerPlayers

Mar 29 at 12:04:35 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

yeah odd for sure listing flea market fodder, but can't hurt to try! definitely not a sign of whats to come.

It CAN hurt - literally any change in policy, content, etc. CAN have an adverse and potentially negative impact.

Consider especially that there's really no formal reasoning for it - why is it there at all? It doesn't fit the rest of the catalogue of items available thematically (as others have said - higher end products), and even within the gaming section alone it doesn't fit with the rest. It's literally a "flea market lot" as others have pointed out; I'm working on memory here but doesn't it have multiple copies of E.T.? 

It has the long term potential for us to see more similar lots of untested and "as-is" video game listings, and this may technically even cause concern for other collectors of things being put up within THEIR realms. Video games are a new section for the site, and the more veteran users may ALREADY see it as a bit weird, but once it starts turning into a video game flea market people may get concerned about the same happening in THEIR sections. Suddenly we're seeing coins ungraded, purely speculatively valued, "as-is", etc.. 

Mar 29 at 3:00:14 PM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio

chrono went well - so did drac x - i think drac x went a little under.

DW proto did well. I sold a similar version on ebay in 2011 for 1500, so it was nice seeing it hit over 2k.

I would have been a bidder had I known. I just signed up at HA.com. Any advice bidding, there. You really have to read the fine print: 25% buyer’s peremium. Ouch!

Mar 29 at 3:10:39 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Xerxes

DW proto did well. I sold a similar version on ebay in 2011 for 1500, so it was nice seeing it hit over 2k.

I would have been a bidder had I known. I just signed up at HA.com. Any advice bidding, there. You really have to read the fine print: 25% buyer’s peremium. Ouch!

20%, but yeah.

Mar 29 at 3:27:17 PM
Xerxes (20)
Ohio
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

20%, but yeah.

Here is an excerpt from their terms and conditions:

For lots in all other categories not listed above, the Buyer’s Premium per lot is twenty-five percent (25%) on
the first $300,000 subject to a minimum of $49 per lot, plus twenty percent (20%) of any amount between
$300,000 and $3,000,000, plus twelve point five percent (12.5%) of any amount over $3,000,000.

They can also cancel “nominal” bids. 

Nominal Bids. The Auctioneer in its sole discretion may reject nominal bids, small opening bids, or very nominal advances. If a lot bearing estimates fails to open for 40–60% of the low estimate, the Auctioneer may pass the item or may place a protective bid on behalf of the consignor.

I am all about nominal bids, I only want to win by a tiny bit.

Edited: 03/29/2019 at 03:28 PM by Xerxes

Mar 29 at 3:50:56 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

20%, but yeah.

For lots in all other categories not listed above, the Buyer’s Premium per lot is twenty-five percent (25%) on
the first $300,000 subject to a minimum of $49 per lot, plus twenty percent (20%) of any amount between
$300,000 and $3,000,000, plus twelve point five percent (12.5%) of any amount over $3,000,000.

Nominal Bids. The Auctioneer in its sole discretion may reject nominal bids, small opening bids, or very nominal advances. If a lot bearing estimates fails to open for 40–60% of the low estimate, the Auctioneer may pass the item or may place a protective bid on behalf of the consignor.

Games are currently listed under comics, so it's a flat 20%. $49 minimum BP would be brutal on some of the cheap stuff that sells that isn't worth $49 to begin with   When bidding online it makes it obvious what you're actually paying with premium so you're not blindsided. At live auctions, you gotta do quick math in your head if you're getting swept up in it.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Mar 29 at 3:54:46 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
That Atari lot sure does look lame. It would even look at a lot more presentable if it was a complete Vader console with joysticks (there's no joysticks!), one of each nice game, throw out the touch pad missing the overlay, etc. All the common doubles and label-less games, lack of controllers, and lack of hook ups make it look like crap. Very much looks like a random garage sale leftovers lot.

Mar 29 at 4:00:48 PM
Xerxes (20)
Ohio
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

20%, but yeah.

Games are currently listed under comics, so it's a flat 20%. $49 minimum BP would be brutal on some of the cheap stuff that sells that isn't worth $49 to begin with   When bidding online it makes it obvious what you're actually paying with premium so you're not blindsided. At live auctions, you gotta do quick math in your head if you're getting swept up in it.

Even under comics it looks like it is subject to $14 minimum. That isn’t as big of a pill to swallow, but 20% ...man I still don’t know.

Mar 29 at 4:06:17 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
The buyers premium (economically speaking) affects the seller not the buyer. Spend zero time worrying if it's 1% or 60%.

Know what you want to pay? Divide by 1.2 and bid that. (Or just look at the numbers onscreen, heritage does all the math for you).

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 29 at 4:16:55 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Right, I mean there's no reason not to sign up because of it. Set your max and bid up to it, factoring in the BP.

Edited: 03/29/2019 at 04:18 PM by ExplodedHamster

Mar 29 at 4:18:20 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

That Atari lot sure does look lame. It would even look at a lot more presentable if it was a complete Vader console with joysticks (there's no joysticks!), one of each nice game, throw out the touch pad missing the overlay, etc. All the common doubles and label-less games, lack of controllers, and lack of hook ups make it look like crap. Very much looks like a random garage sale leftovers lot.

Yup, they need to cut this out. Not happy at all if they throw crap in like this.

Mar 30 at 2:51:49 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
while I agree that some of the listings have been low end:

1) Sundays are meant to be lower end and Signature auctions meant to be high end
2) Its early days yet. Consignors wants to see results before sending better material. They've seen some good results now so I suspect quality will generally improve some over time.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 30 at 7:46:42 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: Bronty

while I agree that some of the listings have been low end:

1) Sundays are meant to be lower end and Signature auctions meant to be high end
2) Its early days yet. Consignors wants to see results before sending better material. They've seen some good results now so I suspect quality will generally improve some over time.
I don’t care about low end, but a random lot of ungraded Atari stuff that looks like it came from someone’s attic is undercutting everyones’ interests. 

With video games, there probably isn’t even stock at this point to consistently put up good stuff, at least until it matures and we start differentiating between prints of CiBs, for example. But putting that atari lot up...Atari 2600 is next in WATA’s list of cases. Is this really the best way to introduce the console to Heritage buyers?

Edited: 03/30/2019 at 07:50 PM by ExplodedHamster

Mar 30 at 10:39:46 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Hell no, Heritage's Atari listings should be reserved for CIB Air Raid level stuff. Even industrial hazardous waste E.T games shouldn't be allowed (in anyone's collection for that matter as well, can't wait until the lawsuits start from heavy metal and VOC exposure from those games)

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Mar 30 at 11:20:29 PM
Xerxes (20)
Ohio

The buyers premium (economically speaking) affects the seller not the buyer. Spend zero time worrying if it's 1% or 60%.

Know what you want to pay? Divide by 1.2 and bid that. (Or just look at the numbers onscreen, heritage does all the math for you).

I have already signed up. I am thinking both as a potential buyer and potential seller.

Apr 01 at 12:49:16 AM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
So that Atari lot sold for 156$

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Apr 01 at 9:02:46 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
and what was FMV? (I have no idea).

Apr 01 at 10:11:49 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Dk jr did ok

eBay listings here

Apr 01 at 10:17:26 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

and what was FMV? (I have no idea).

About $150ish if you split it up, actually cleaned the Woody, and verified it all as working.

That lot on ebay probably wouldn't have hit $100 as listed.

Apr 15 at 7:07:13 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Well yesterday was pretty batshit crazy. 5k for a cib Mario 3 anyone?

Apr 15 at 8:49:21 AM
JasonLives (2)
(Jason Crosby) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania

Well yesterday was pretty batshit crazy. 5k for a cib Mario 3 anyone?

That blew me away....  Big premium for a 9.4. 

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 
http://www.comiclink.com

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Apr 15 at 10:01:58 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
it was also a first print, but yeah, crazy price

Apr 15 at 10:03:53 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Sure is, but if you look at it long term and these prices keep up the way they are, finding a first print that nice is extremely difficult. The only imperfection on the entire thing is a small discoloration spot on the top of the box, which you can't see in the WATA case. Given there are only like 7 known first prints sealed, it would make sense if pristine CIbs like this make a huge rise. You might not see another 9.4 for a year or two. In the collectibles community, that's a big deal.

Apr 15 at 11:03:31 AM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Crazy. I don't buy that because it's nice, $5k is a sensible price. All of the sales of SMB3 have been nuts. 7.0 left bros for $480, 6.5 right bros for $210. HA is just loves that Mario 3. If this was like a 9.8 mint box, sure go crazy, but a 9.2 box doesn't seem SO impossible to find, at least a couple look equal or better on Ebay recent completed listings. And if we're living in this brave new world of comics and collectibles, the difference between a 9.2 and 9.8 is literally the universe.

Congrats though  

Edited: 04/15/2019 at 11:13 AM by DefaultGen