May 22 at 7:26:37 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: OptOut

Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Took care of both Clay Fighter 63 1/3 and Sculptors Cut.

Well, now that you're done with that lame old Sculptors Cut, how about passing that badboy along to your good pal OptOut at a competitive price?  
Lol, I wish I owned it! I had to emulate it.  

Ha ha ha, I thought as much! Keep an eye out for me dude, if you spot one about let me know!  
I'll keep you in mind if I do!

May 23 at 10:52:37 AM
OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
SPLAIN ALERT! Monopoly is complete!

Very serviceable version of monopoly, and much easier to play than the real thing fiddling around with cards and money and working out math etc.

Probably wouldn't have impressed many people buying it for 50 dollars new back in the day, but today at bargain basement prices... hey it's monopoly!

-------------------------

***Help me finish my N64 set!!!***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...
***I will pay good money for YOUR shovelware sports games!!!***

May 26 at 5:02:21 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
SPLAIN ALERT

Donald duck: quack attack beat! Another of those games with a slight name change for PAL, instead of goin' quackers.

Pretty good 3D/2D hybrid platformer, if a little short and easy. Also, although the graphics are generally ok, the frame rate of this game is terrible, sometimes seemingly dropping into the single digits per second. And I am saying this as a huge N64 fan, so you know it must be bad, lol!

Edited: 05/26/2019 at 05:03 AM by OptOut

May 28 at 1:10:49 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Sooooo I'm a big fat phony. Knowing that I've got a list of "2000" games to tackle makes me not even want to play N64. I hate sports games. So do not call me "Splain 2000," call me "Splain the pathetic quitter" so that I can play N64 games again. I'm going to shamefully play through a non-2000 game so that I can shamefully rejoin this thread. When there are only a few dozen games left, that will be much more motivating to slam out the sports titles. I didn't want to give up, but I'm playing exclusively Switch and Game Boy games, and I just gotta get back into it.

May 28 at 3:10:55 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
No worries Splain, I have been playing through lots of Genesis games. I found out real quick that I am only mediocre at N64, so I went back to games I am better at, while also attempting a few 64 games.

Edited: 05/28/2019 at 03:15 PM by themisfit138

May 28 at 10:35:51 PM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Feels terrible to live long enough to see your heroes die before your eyes...

May 29 at 2:02:17 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Good to be back boys! Tonight while I was waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to download I beat Beetle Adventure Racing! Mark it down! Let's do this!

SPLAIN ALERT: Beetle Adventure Racing (forgot about the Splain Alerts)

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Edited: 05/29/2019 at 02:03 AM by PuppyWaffles

May 29 at 10:25:35 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

Good to be back boys! Tonight while I was waiting for Forza Horizon 4 to download I beat Beetle Adventure Racing! Mark it down! Let's do this!

I like to think the Splain alert is rigged to set off a huge red alarm bell and flashing lights in Splain's house, so that any time day or night someone beats an N64 game he knows! He then dons his Splain-suit, slides down the Splain-pole and then flies off in the Splain-copter to update the OP.

I also believe there is a smaller, quieter yellow alarm bell for when someone beats a GB game.

May 29 at 12:17:37 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

This Splain Alert woke me up!

May 29 at 10:41:28 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Finished Paperboy. Actually didn't play it for the first time til recently and it's almost a hidden gem. Way more fun than it let's on at least.

May 30 at 9:09:48 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Made a start on Operation Winback (i.e. Winback: Covert Operations).

Impressive game mechanically speaking, a little ahead of its time even as a tactical cover-based shooter. Doesn't look terrible, either, although the poor resolution of the N64 always disproportionately impacts more "realistic" style games.

Anyway, colour me impressed so far, I'm definitely looking forward to getting further into this one!  

Jun 10 at 5:41:22 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
As much as I complained about the Mario Party games last year, I definitely had an itch to play them again this year, and I beat Mario Party 2. I'm not ready for Mario Party 3 yet, but honestly, I'll probably be down to try in a couple of months.

Jun 11 at 8:17:08 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Great job Jive Brother!

Still working on Winback, still really enjoying it. Very well designed game, considering the limitations they had to work with. I reckon I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, so should have it finished pretty soon.

Man, really haven't had a lot of time to play N64 recently, but still doing my best. Hopefully after the semester ends next week, I should have a bit more time to play tho!  

Jun 16 at 11:36:40 PM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Operation Winback is accomplished! Says it all really.

Fantastic game, really enjoyed this one. It has actually shot way up near the top of my list of best ever 3rd party N64 games, at least top 5 without doubt. Give it a go if you have it, and if you don't they just pick it up cheap somewhere, well worth it!  

Oh, btw, **SPLAIN ALERT** wakey wakey!  

Jun 18 at 8:01:26 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
**SPLAIN ALERT** Golden Nugget done! Not much of a task, seeing as it's not really the sort of game you're meant to beat, but I did it anyway!

Pretty basic gambling simulator, but ten different games offers a fair amount of variety I suppose. I could probably sit down and play the Texas Hold 'em for an extended period, and maybe one or two of the other games. Of course, much of the thrill you get from real gambling is noticeably absent, so unless you invite some shady characters over for an N64 gambling night, probably won't hold your attention for long, lol!

Also, I thought it was funny that this game has video poker! I'm playing a videogame simulation of a video simulation of poker... Pretty sure I entered the matrix there or something, lol! The best thing about the game is, of course, the slideshow, which I present the highlights of below... Why do I have the feeling like I should be booking a trip to Vegas soon?!

Jun 18 at 12:09:14 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Lol, that's hilarious. What an odd game with a weird slideshow.

You now have exactly twice as many points and games beaten as me. I'm now half the N64 gamer that you are. I gotta get some stuff beaten this week!!

Jun 18 at 4:48:11 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Nobody has talked about it in a while, so I went ahead and slammed out Virtual Chess 64. It has a lot of options for serious chess players, but the interface really is as bad as everyone says.

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 04:50 PM by Splain

Jun 18 at 8:35:52 PM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Originally posted by: Splain

Lol, that's hilarious. What an odd game with a weird slideshow.

You now have exactly twice as many points and games beaten as me. I'm now half the N64 gamer that you are. I gotta get some stuff beaten this week!!

Now now, as far as I'm concerned this remains a friendly collaboration! As long as I hit my target of 40 games beat this year, I will be happy with my performance. And besides, your attentions are directed elsewhere, what with the GameBoy thread also under your careful observation!

I must say, however, I can't wait to receive your entire N64 collection in the mail once this year's contest is over! That is the prize, right?! Number 1 gets all of Number 2's games? I'm confused on the rules again, lol!  

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 08:36 PM by OptOut

Jun 19 at 7:13:33 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
BTW Splain, I'm gonna be giving Rally Challenge 2000 a try next... Hope you don't mind me moving in on your 2000 turf!  

Jun 19 at 2:09:03 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona

BTW Splain, I'm gonna be giving Rally Challenge 2000 a try next... Hope you don't mind me moving in on your 2000 turf!  

Please do. I'm just not made for 2000 games. And now I can blame you for beating one, now I can't beat them all!

Busted out Bust a Move 99.

Jun 19 at 6:50:34 PM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Lol, can't handle the 2000 games, so switching down a gear and trying out the 99's! I like your style, Splain!  

Jun 20 at 1:30:04 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Heh. 99 is more my pace, I guess.

I think you'll be disappointed with my collection, so maybe I should pull ahead and win yours. Are you still looking for N64 games?

Jun 20 at 11:06:12 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
Originally posted by: Splain

Heh. 99 is more my pace, I guess.

I think you'll be disappointed with my collection, so maybe I should pull ahead and win yours. Are you still looking for N64 games?

I am, yes. I've got all the big ones out of the way, at least when it comes to US exclusives. Most of the US games I need now are cheap sports titles, with the odd more pricey one thrown in. But pretty sure nothing left over 30 bucks or so.

As for my PAL set, well, again mostly sports and racing games, but there are a couple pricey ones I still need, like Aidyn Chronicles, Rush 2049 and Blues Brothers 2000.

I'm going for full PAL set (my home turf) plus US exclusives, plus JP exclusives, plus US/JP only. That way I can round out a full international set of every single N64 game! Long road ahead... In terms of number I am probably just over halfway, in terms of value I should be like 70% already if not more, like I say mostly cheap filler left!

Jun 30 at 12:58:22 AM
OptOut (10)
Taiwan
SPLAIN ALERT!!! Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon is complete!

First time I played this little N64 classic, it's one of those games that just seems to have been around forever waiting for me to play it. Overall, its a fun game, quite short and linear with relatively simple game design and graphics. But it's got a good sense of humour and style, and it's just a very light, colourful and happy game. You're not really missing much if you skip this one, but it's got enough going for it to make it an enjoyable play if you're in the mood.

BTW I haven't abandoned Rally Challenge 2000, BUT I'm probably gonna be playing mystical ninja 2 next, lol!

Jun 30 at 1:04:39 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

SPLAIN ALERT!!! Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon is complete! First time I played this little N64 classic, it's one of those games that just seems to have been around forever waiting for me to play it. Overall, its a fun game, quite short and linear with relatively simple game design and graphics. But it's got a good sense of humour and style, and it's just a very light, colourful and happy game. You're not really missing much if you skip this one, but it's got enough going for it to make it an enjoyable play if you're in the mood. BTW I haven't abandoned Rally Challenge 2000, BUT I'm probably gonna be playing mystical ninja 2 next, lol!

Dash! Dash! Dash!