Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2019-2020 Season Thread

Sep 08 at 3:51:03 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Who won the super bowl tha tear of the "miracle in Miami"? That whole event has been effective forgotten around here.😎

Speaking of Miami, wtf Baltimore!?! Haven't seen a one sided curb stomping in quite some time!

-------------------------
FT/FS list  â€‹â€‹â€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list â€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 08 at 4:03:32 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: kguillemette

Who won the super bowl tha tear of the "miracle in Miami"? That whole event has been effective forgotten around here.😎

Speaking of Miami, wtf Baltimore!?! Haven't seen a one sided curb stomping in quite some time!

Not many high points for the Fins so just enjoying them when they happen.

Flores says they aren't tanking, they are playing to win. He forgot to mention they are playing to win with a team that has been scrapped which leaves the chance of winning to be almost non existent. Rebuilding I can understand, but unloading your best offensive lineman when you have no offensive line? Just call it what it is, tanking.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Sep 08 at 4:42:53 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
You can now challenge if you thought there was a penalty on the previous play?? Damn might as well just fire refs and watch everything from a central location

Sep 08 at 8:59:22 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
So yeah Dallas looked pretty good.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 08 at 11:07:26 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
This is the most talented Pats team since 2007.

Sep 08 at 11:09:31 PM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Going to be interesting working AB in and then Harry off IR. Team goes as far as health and O line take em.

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube

Sep 09 at 4:44:24 AM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Oh snap that was a beat down. When AB comes in, how do you stop all of Gordon, Dorsett, Edelman, and Brown? All 4 require double coverage to contain! Someone will be on a linebacker and feast all night long. If the Oline struggles in pass protection, we might see more smashmouth lead with a fullback and ram them with Michel and check down screens to burkhead and white for constant chain movers.

Opposing offenses need to score on every possesion to keep up and hope to win the turnover battle on defense. That's about all I can see as ways to beat this patriots team.

FT/FS list  â€‹â€‹â€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list â€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 09 at 9:59:11 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ Can't forget D. Thomas - he's a straight beast when healthy too. Yikes, gonna have to find a way for opposing defenses to dominate the O-line. But yea, that many top tier receivers is bonkers.

Sep 11 at 9:36:22 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Ugh, AB can't even go a week with his new team without being in the news again. Can we just get this guy out of the league already.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 11 at 9:40:23 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

^ Can't forget D. Thomas - he's a straight beast when healthy too. Yikes, gonna have to find a way for opposing defenses to dominate the O-line. But yea, that many top tier receivers is bonkers.

D. Thomas is gone, and now AB has legal trouble. So much for that. lol

Sep 11 at 10:23:37 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Br81zad

D. Thomas is gone, and now AB has legal trouble. So much for that. lol

Yup but to be fair, D. Thomas was a Patriot when I posted and pre-AB rape accusations....omg what a year of AB drama...so much change in 2 days in 2019 NFL.

Edited: 09/11/2019 at 10:23 AM by Boosted52405

Sep 11 at 11:04:08 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
A healthy Thomas is a scary dude, but I think he's largely damaged goods at this point. I don't mind the Pats dealing him for a pick with where his health is.

The AB things is typical. Pats would be 14-2 without him (if the stars stay healthy for the most part), I just don't understand the upside of bringing a dude in with that sort of attitude and that sort of baggage if we don't NEED him to be a Super Bowl contender.

At the very least they should have made his contract incredibly incentive based. That's probably a big reason Moss and Dillon panned out. They played well and kept their heads on straight, they got paid. AB's contract is free money regardless of what he does.

Again, I would love to be wrong. I would love to have him be a positive member of the locker room and put up insane numbers and then I'm all in. I just don't see him adding so much to the team that the baggage is worth it.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 11 at 11:13:35 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Agreed D Thomas is done. WRs go from relevant to irrelevant amazingly quickly after an achilles injury, see Dez Bryant. From a #1 receiver to out of the league in a year or two. D Thomas is at best a #2 and I think that's even being generous at this point.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 11 at 11:25:35 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Yep I agree with D. Thomas being a #2/3 receiver at best, but dude is a beast when he is healthy and going.

Dez didn't really get a chance to come back unfortunately, he still may have some game left in him - but I truly think he was overrated anyways. Last I heard he was looking to join a team "later this year" haha we will see.

As for these latest AB accusations, I wonder if AB or Oakland knew about this when the whole "Release me" thing went down Saturday. I could totally see the Raiders GM being like, I'll drop the suspension and let you play but 0 chances left, then AB finds out or knows about this rape stuff and asked to be released. Then on the flip side, some people think all the helmet/GM tirade was an act for him to join the Patriots. What a cluster fuck.

Sep 11 at 12:15:41 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Ugh, AB can't even go a week with his new team without being in the news again. Can we just get this guy out of the league already.
Because some woman who has sought his money for months in a private suit went public and offered to cooperate with the NFL and not law enforcement? AB is a shithead and malcontent, but no way in hell should the NFL start punishing people based on the filing of civil lawsuits. It’s gross they even have an investigation deparment, leave it to the actual justice system and react based on its findings. Unless you have actual proof like a video or pics like with Rice, Peterson, Hunt etc. 

This woman claims she was assaulted multiple
times over a year or so, yet kept traveling to meet up with him. She never told the cops
and isn’t doing so now, but is eager to meet with the NFL. Again, Brown’s a shithead, but suspending people over a mere complaint is worse than anything Brown’s done with the Steelers or Raiders. IMO, the league should not touch these issues absent clear proof or criminal justice results.

Edited: 09/11/2019 at 12:18 PM by ExplodedHamster

Sep 11 at 11:35:16 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: jonebone

Because some woman who has sought his money for months in a private suit went public and offered to cooperate with the NFL and not law enforcement? AB is a shithead and malcontent, but no way in hell should the NFL start punishing people based on the filing of civil lawsuits. It’s gross they even have an investigation deparment, leave it to the actual justice system and react based on its findings. Unless you have actual proof like a video or pics like with Rice, Peterson, Hunt etc. 

This woman claims she was assaulted multiple
times over a year or so, yet kept traveling to meet up with him. She never told the cops
and isn’t doing so now, but is eager to meet with the NFL. Again, Brown’s a shithead, but suspending people over a mere complaint is worse than anything Brown’s done with the Steelers or Raiders. IMO, the league should not touch these issues absent clear proof or criminal justice results.

I agree completely. Been saying it since before zeke's unjust suspension. Was zeke playing really going to upset anyone that isnt the vocal minority on twitter? of course not. NFL isnt consistent. They just go by what they feel is best for their PR. They operate based on mob mentality. And yet people still see through it, and it still does them no favors. Anyone can file a civil lawsuit and say anything. This opens all kinds of bad precedent. They better not put his ass on the exempt list because they are scared of the pr. The damage is done. Wait for the legal system now. No criminal charges even pursued? How can you suspend or keep him from playing?

NFL makes this overly complicated. If they just had the stance of clear proof or conviction they suspend the player. If there is no criminal charges or they are found not guilty they arent suspended. Let the teams decide if they want that player on their team and take a PR hit. 

This crap better be worked out in the next collective bargaining agreement.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/11/2019 at 11:41 PM by quest4nes

Sep 14 at 10:58:50 AM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois

Lol for a Non-GB/CHI fan, last night had to be extremely boring to watch. For a GB/CHI fan, it was teeth chattering until the final minute - that CHI defensive line is straight bonkers.

Second season opener in a row that they have terrorized Rodgers.

So I know I’m way late to the party, but as a Chicago fan, that game was intense. I’m very happy our defense seems to have stayed solid with the coaching change, but the offense? That was a pitiful display. Nagy forgot we had some good running backs. Mitch looked lost and rusty. And they went for it on 4th and 10 instead of kicking a 50-yard field goal? With a kicker known to have a big leg? What were they thinking!? If Nagy calls plays scared like that, we’re in big trouble.

Packers defense looked really good. If that remains true over the year, they could be dangerous. If it’s because the Bears offense was so bad... well, that’s a different issue. Interesting to see how the LaFleur offense goes in the coming weeks. It didn’t look too impressive in that game.

Still, for both teams, it was the first game of the season. Plenty of football left. But if the Bears look bad on Sunday after Denver got embarrassed by Oakland, then Chicago (and Mitch particularly) is going to be in for a rough year.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 15 at 3:40:38 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Look, I know it's the Dolphins, but still.

Sep 15 at 4:25:24 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Look, I know it's the Dolphins, but still.

Patriots were too kind. They could have easily put up more points.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Sep 15 at 4:28:18 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
49ERS!!!!!

Sep 15 at 6:19:02 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
With it being noted that the Giants and the Redskins kindof suck il say this. Dak is playing on another level now. The play calling is aggressive, and Jon Kitna has worked wonders on his footwork. Dak is making accurate throws deep all over the field with consistency. 26/30 today. That's almost 90% completion percentage. Incredible.

Sep 15 at 7:42:40 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Whew! Huge nail biter with the Bears and Broncos. Barely squeaked out a win there! Glad we finally got a kicker, but it makes you wonder why Nagy didn't try the 51-yarder last week. The defense is doing fine. The offense was ok, but unless they're counting on the defense to carry them the whole year, Nagy has to figure out how to get more out of Trubisky. He doesn't have to carry the team--I was very happy to see that he actually remembered we have some pretty good running backs for once--but he needs to be able to do more than a last minute drive.

To the Finder...

Sep 15 at 8:15:27 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
Originally posted by: TheFinder

Whew! Huge nail biter with the Bears and Broncos. Barely squeaked out a win there! Glad we finally got a kicker, but it makes you wonder why Nagy didn't try the 51-yarder last week. The defense is doing fine. The offense was ok, but unless they're counting on the defense to carry them the whole year, Nagy has to figure out how to get more out of Trubisky. He doesn't have to carry the team--I was very happy to see that he actually remembered we have some pretty good running backs for once--but he needs to be able to do more than a last minute drive.

I don't blame Nagy for Mitch's ineptitude. He's just a bad QB. He stares down receivers and is completely incapable of going threw reads. He barely had over 100 yards passing. He's just not the answer for the bears. He was a wasted 2nd round pick when you guys drafted him in the same draft where you could have had Patrick mahomes or deshaun Watson.

The bears got bailed out by a bogus roughing the passer penalty on the last drive. They should not have won this game. But at least the bears can breathe easy that they have a good kicker finally.

Sep 15 at 10:14:22 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: americasteam7

Originally posted by: TheFinder

I don't blame Nagy for Mitch's ineptitude. He's just a bad QB. He stares down receivers and is completely incapable of going threw reads. He barely had over 100 yards passing. He's just not the answer for the bears. He was a wasted 2nd round pick when you guys drafted him in the same draft where you could have had Patrick mahomes or deshaun Watson. The bears got bailed out by a bogus roughing the passer penalty on the last drive. They should not have won this game. But at least the bears can breathe easy that they have a good kicker finally.

I’m not sold on Mitch, either as a failure or as a success. When I was talking about Nagy, I meant that he needs to help Mitch grow. That’s going to be huge. If Mitch can make strides with Nagy’s guidance, then we’ve got a good thing going. It does sting, though, knowing we could’ve gotten Watson or Mahomes, though no QBs were considered sure-fire players in that draft. Hindsight is 20/20.

And I agree the roughing call was bogus. Not that it makes a difference necessarily, but it evened out the bogus one we were penalized with earlier in the game. I honestly can’t remember if that led to a Broncos field goal or not, though. Regardless, if the NFL is calling those roughing, no one can touch a QB. It was ridiculous!

To the Finder...

Sep 15 at 10:44:48 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Eagles might not be able to put 11 players on the field after this one. Geez.