Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2019 Weekly Contests Presents: Ikari Warriors III Contest ends Sunday, 08/11/19 at 11 PM NA Time

Aug 12 at 9:20:42 AM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Nice job 789 bit! I wanted to try to beat you but I just couldn't muster up enough effort.

thanks pal.... Looks like you locked up 2nd place on leader board with this one. 👍. Also sorry but i edited your original text.. Just didn't seem to read right. Lol

-------------------------
Moe: Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time. Homer: Why not? Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics. Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats.

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 09:25 AM by 8bitdontquit

Aug 12 at 9:56:52 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: 8bitdontquit

Nice job 789 bit! I wanted to try to beat you but I just couldn't muster up enough effort.

thanks pal.... Looks like you locked up 2nd place on leader board with this one. 👍. Also sorry but i edited your original text.. Just didn't seem to read right. Lol

Haha. The grinder will shift gears come tournament time. No gimme’s when it counts   

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 12 at 10:04:42 AM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Can't wait for tournament, very interested on how it works,

Moe: Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time. Homer: Why not? Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics. Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats.

Aug 12 at 10:15:09 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Can't wait for tournament, very interested on how it works,
Chairy and wampson (if they let him play at the old folks home) are gonna turn it up. You will have to play better than you ever have. michael will turn it up. Richie rich is a former champ. 

They been changing up the format latley. Idk if it will be the same format as last year or not. 

Avatar bet? However amounts the most points out of starship hector and bad dudes picks the others avatar until the start of next season. 

Aug 12 at 10:43:00 AM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Yep can't wait to turn it up myself.. And hopefully not get knocked out in first round. Never played nor do i have starship yet, and might be out of town for bad dudes but I'll know in a few weeks.. That being said.. If im around for bad dudes... Bet is on skin man

Aug 12 at 11:05:13 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Yep can't wait to turn it up myself.. And hopefully not get knocked out in first round. Never played nor do i have starship yet, and might be out of town for bad dudes but I'll know in a few weeks.. That being said.. If im around for bad dudes... Bet is on skin man

Wwwooooo... rookie flexing!!! Let’s go brah! Hopefully you turn it up more than you did for dk jr, dragon, Sqoon, surfer   

I think I got participation last time we played bad dudes. And remember thinking this game sucks. Lol 

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 11:17 AM by skinnygrinny

Aug 12 at 11:15:09 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
BUT! Don’t think I’m gonna let you see how you do in starship before you make te bet. Bet is off at the end of the day. 

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 11:21 AM by skinnygrinny

Aug 12 at 11:54:52 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Originally posted by: mbd39

Nice score. Did you enjoy the shooter stage?

Thanks. Lol when I got to it I was like “oh shit a vertical scrolling shooter stage!” It was the easiest stage too. 

I wanted to finish the game 1cc. I gave it one more run on Sunday but I died at the first stage boss (tank) and just didn’t have it in me to try again. 

I game over'd at the boss of the shooting stage. He takes like a million hits.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Aug 12 at 12:35:13 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

BUT! Don't think I'm gonna let you see how you do in starship before you make te bet. Bet is off at the end of the day. 

whoa bud. Pump the breaks. In scheduling process to go out of town for work at moment.. Im trying to schedule it for break week but might be bad dude week.. I'll know by Friday..has nothing bout starship, willing to go into it blind, but we both know I'll need the fighter week to stand a chance. Gimme till Fri.

Aug 12 at 1:11:06 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Nice score. Did you enjoy the shooter stage?

Thanks. Lol when I got to it I was like “oh shit a vertical scrolling shooter stage!” It was the easiest stage too. 

I wanted to finish the game 1cc. I gave it one more run on Sunday but I died at the first stage boss (tank) and just didn’t have it in me to try again. 

I game over'd at the boss of the shooting stage. He takes like a million hits.

Ya. I thought my run was going to end there but I picked up his pattern pretty quick, luckily. 

Aug 12 at 1:18:35 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

BUT! Don't think I'm gonna let you see how you do in starship before you make te bet. Bet is off at the end of the day. 

whoa bud. Pump the breaks. In scheduling process to go out of town for work at moment.. Im trying to schedule it for break week but might be bad dude week.. I'll know by Friday..has nothing bout starship, willing to go into it blind, but we both know I'll need the fighter week to stand a chance. Gimme till Fri.
Haha   all good brother. But when you said we’ll see come bad dudes week I was like oh hell no! What’s this guy take me for, some kind of chump?! 

Anytime before starship week is good for me. Let me know. If it doesn’t work out I’ll never let you hear the end of it! Wwwwaaaa...! Just kidding. 

Btw I’m 0-1 in avatar challenges. Sandafloor got me a couple years back. Speaking of what’s with you “beat um up” guys always want to challenge the worm! 

Aug 12 at 3:00:06 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
I don't have the foggiest how I will run the tournament this year, but I will figure something out soon enough.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Aug 12 at 3:24:33 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

I don't have the foggiest how I will run the tournament this year, but I will figure something out soon enough.

Obviously I'll be near the bottom of the contenders assuming I actually make it, so this may come off as a bit biased.

However, since there is such a tremendous jump between some of the positions, maybe there could be a bonus "catch up" opportunity before the tournament contestant line up is finalized. I have no idea how that would work in a way that would be fair to people in the top tier though.

Alternatively, when scheduling the tournament, have the bottom tier much wider with respect to potential contestants (e.g. tier 1 = top 5, tier 2 = next 5, tier 3 = next 10). Combined with a reverse handicap system that prefers those with higher initial scores, that might keep things interesting?

Just talking out my ass here. You don't have an easy job to do. 

Aug 13 at 2:05:39 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
If we had a 3rd week we could.. Week 1 , wild card week. Top 4 gets a "bye week" and anyone else who participated in the year can play, top 4 move on. Week 2 all 8 play , top 4 move on. Week 3 crowns victor,.. But we don't have 3 weeks so obviously this won't work.

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 02:12 PM by 8bitdontquit