Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What's new in your collection this week/recently Giveaway for 1600th Post! Figma Link

Jul 23 at 11:02:42 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
I think he's serious.

Jul 24 at 12:50:50 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Originally posted by: D~Funk

Latest loot. Been picking up a bunch of Switch games. Just hit 300 total Switch games with this bundle. Also against my better judgement i recently picked up an Xbone X so i been snagging a few games for that and finally jumping into some 4K Blu-ray action which may be the real reason i grabbed one, lol! Wanted a lil more to take advantage of the new tv. Been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 and it is beautiful! Loving it! Game Stack: Xbone X: 4K Blu-Ray Starter Bundle: 
Wow dude, you are droping a load of cash on this. I hope you like these games, I'd be worried about switch collecting. 

Why would you be worried about Switch collecting?
Only because collecting anything the value of it is based on rarity. Since many people are switching to digital, that cuts down the demand side of the supply and demand. Plus, I don't like the fact that any library that requires the internet. And the fact that many of the switch games are just the game without any instruction manual etc.

But please understand, the stuff you have is LOVELY and you should be proud to have what you have, I just wonder about the long term investment of it

I would contact your financial advisor if you're worries about long term investments and I'm 100% certain that they'll explain to you that toys and video games are not wise places to put your investments...
Collectibles are investments, just like anything else. Not sure what you are saying here. I know people like to act like they only collect for the joy of collecting and that may be true, but the value that your games have moneterily IS an incetive. Heck, the owner of this forum just cashed out his entire collection, his forum and other assets for money, not the joy of it, but money.

I personally think that collectibles are a safer and less risky investment than the stock market or real estate, where people can manipulate the market with sleezy practices.  

Need proof? http://mentalfloss.com/article/571080/lego-better-investment...

I dont personally look at it that way. I know it is nice when in need of some extra cash to fall back on the game collection but i think it would ruin a lot of the fun if i just viewed it all as money. I feel thats 1 step away from the douchbags who buy up multiple copies of whatever hot Zelda release or Limited Run game just to flip it on ebay mins later. Where is the fun in that? You think that person cares about or respects that game or games in general? I think if he did, he would either be playing it or had left it alone so someone who actually wanted to play it and enjoy could have a chance to do so. Talk about sleazy practices. I know i wouldn't enjoy games as much as i do if i treated them like that. Usually why i stay out of discussions about "Market Value" of games or whatever. To me, thats being in it for the wrong reasons.

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 12:51 AM by D~Funk

Jul 24 at 6:28:42 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
^LOL wow

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Jul 24 at 7:21:39 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

Latest loot. Been picking up a bunch of Switch games. Just hit 300 total Switch games with this bundle. Also against my better judgement i recently picked up an Xbone X so i been snagging a few games for that and finally jumping into some 4K Blu-ray action which may be the real reason i grabbed one, lol! Wanted a lil more to take advantage of the new tv. Been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 and it is beautiful! Loving it! Game Stack: Xbone X: 4K Blu-Ray Starter Bundle: 
Wow dude, you are droping a load of cash on this. I hope you like these games, I'd be worried about switch collecting. 

Only because collecting anything the value of it is based on rarity. Since many people are switching to digital, that cuts down the demand side of the supply and demand. Plus, I don't like the fact that any library that requires the internet. And the fact that many of the switch games are just the game without any instruction manual etc.

But please understand, the stuff you have is LOVELY and you should be proud to have what you have, I just wonder about the long term investment of it

I would contact your financial advisor if you're worries about long term investments and I'm 100% certain that they'll explain to you that toys and video games are not wise places to put your investments...
Collectibles are investments, just like anything else. Not sure what you are saying here. I know people like to act like they only collect for the joy of collecting and that may be true, but the value that your games have moneterily IS an incetive. Heck, the owner of this forum just cashed out his entire collection, his forum and other assets for money, not the joy of it, but money.

I personally think that collectibles are a safer and less risky investment than the stock market or real estate, where people can manipulate the market with sleezy practices.  

Your proof is an article written by a guy whose most recent work is: Declawing cats will soon be illegal in Massachusetts, Waze drivers can now get their directions from Cookie monster, What's the difference between heat stroke and heat exhaustion and Five painless facts about operation. And you think that guy knows what in the actual fuck he's talking about regarding investments? And you're the same guy who is using video games and toys as investments? That actually makes sense in an ironic way..

Sorry for derailing the thread. Back to showing off boys!

Jul 24 at 9:22:36 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 04:42 PM by 14u2ponder

Jul 24 at 10:27:14 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
I got a sealed long box Casper for 3DO from eBay, stoked with that one. It was truly a white whale in my 3DO game hunting, always eluding me or going for 3x the price I wanted to pay.

And I got lucky on FB Marketplace where I managed to buy MOON (DS), Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble (DS) and A Link Between Worlds (3DS) all complete, on the cheap. MOON is nothing short of awesome I've playing it non-stop when the kids are asleep. It's like a Metroid Prime clone, but more it's more grounded so it feels like horror sci-fi (so far).

I bought Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom [Player's Choice] for $2 at a yard sale and it was complete and clean. I only bought it out of desperation since I wasn't finding any games that day. To my surprise it's listed at $24 USD on GVN.

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 10:27 AM by WhyNotZoidberg

Jul 24 at 10:49:02 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Been adding a lot of the upcoming weekly challenge carts. It's fun buying games knowing I'll actually play them at some point. Except Silver Surfer, fck Silver Surfer.

Jul 24 at 10:50:11 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Mail call!

Jul 24 at 11:20:41 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Gloves

Mail call!

Edges so sharp I cut my eyes looking at them. Nice grab.

Jul 24 at 11:32:41 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Mail call!

That was a good trade. Very nice looking indeed. Plus $150. 

Jul 24 at 12:04:14 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Mail call!

I was certainly happy with it - 1 game I don't like for 3 I love? Plus money? Done. They're all basically mint, and totally complete as well. Insides are crisp to match; these are my collection pieces now and will likely never be replaced.

Jul 24 at 2:43:45 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama

Your proof is an article written by a guy whose most recent work is: Declawing cats will soon be illegal in Massachusetts, Waze drivers can now get their directions from Cookie monster, What's the difference between heat stroke and heat exhaustion and Five painless facts about operation. And you think that guy knows what in the actual fuck he's talking about regarding investments? And you're the same guy who is using video games and toys as investments? That actually makes sense in an ironic way.. Sorry for derailing the thread. Back to showing off boys!
I don't know what you are arguing here, the article was not based on the reporter's conclusions, all he was doing was reporting the study, and most likely he wasn't even doing that. If you know about how internet articles are generated to get clicks, no physical person probably wrote that. If you have a beef, you should consult the author of the study that found legos to be a good investment.
But hey, I'm willing to not derail a thread, also.
But even concerning this thread: if I "scored" a loose tetris gameboy cart and I came here and said hey guys look what I got: It's a loose tetris cart (can you image the reaction I would get?) But why, if I was excited about the tetris game I found, and it meant that much to me, why would people laugh at it? Is it because that tetris is such a common game. But what if I showed that I scored a sealed tetris game from a flea market for $5, I'd image everybody would be like GREAT job, wow that is nice. Which is to say, the price of a game DOES matter, to collectors and what a game is worth. As I said before, the investment aspect IS a motivator for games.

Here's an insight into what can happen to the hobby. I collect vintage toys and prices were going up and up for the original 1980s figures with all the new demand of kids now reaching their 30s and wanting to buy everything up, just like what's happening to video games right now. Then one day Hasbro, the original licensor of the product, started releasing collector quality versions of the same figures in a Masterpiece line with lots of die cast metal and intricate detailing.

Collectors had to have these figures so what did they do? Everyone started unloading their vintage figures, the market got saturated and now things aren't worth half of what they were 5 years ago. Nobody wants vintage anymore, I'm stuck with a bin of doubles I can't sell and everyone is now into Masterpiece figures instead.

The exact same thing could happen to video games so I would say yes, putting your money into collectibles is a terrible idea. About 6 years ago I wanted to open a local store which dealt with taking toy collections in and selling them, sort of like used video game stores and I'm super glad I didn't do that now. I would have gone bankrupt with all the money I would have lost.

Jul 24 at 2:45:05 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama

Mail call!

I was certainly happy with it - 1 game I don't like for 3 I love? Plus money? Done. They're all basically mint, and totally complete as well. Insides are crisp to match; these are my collection pieces now and will likely never be replaced.

I'll buy the bags inside from you. They had a different size window in them to accommodate the hole in the box.

Jul 24 at 3:16:33 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: bootload

Mail call!

I'll buy the bags inside from you. They had a different size window in them to accommodate the hole in the box.

Okay maybe not THAT complete lol. I need to update my terms.  

Jul 24 at 3:53:54 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: bootload

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 04:41 PM by 14u2ponder

Jul 24 at 4:35:16 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Dude, your fucking up the thread. This isn't a contoversial thread were people argue. People come in here to post their pictures and see how other people did. These long ass qoute trains are super rude to everyone that comes in here.

Jul 24 at 5:55:21 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Californication

Dude, your fucking up the thread. This isn't a contoversial thread were people argue. People come in here to post their pictures and see how other people did. These long ass qoute trains are super rude to everyone that comes in here.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jul 25 at 9:19:11 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Picked this up this morning.

Aug 07 at 6:00:00 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Was runnin low on Switch games so i snagged a few more!   Pato Box, Guilty Gear & Psikyo were all on the same order from a while ago but Horizon Chase Turbo i had put on the same order and it had got pushed back so those all just showed up. The PC Engine Duo i picked up from my local retro store along with Imperium and all the Super Rare games. I hadn't been in there for a while but their Switch selection was on point! They had some other Super Rare games but they were too spendy. Most all of these were relatively reasonable and i hadn't jumped on any of the Super Rare games so i figured i'd pick some up.

Edited: 08/07/2019 at 06:01 PM by D~Funk

Aug 07 at 6:07:34 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Was runnin low on Switch games so i snagged a few more!   Pato Box, Guilty Gear & Psikyo were all on the same order from a while ago but Horizon Chase Turbo i had put on the same order and it had got pushed back so those all just showed up. The PC Engine Duo i picked up from my local retro store along with Imperium and all the Super Rare games. I hadn't been in there for a while but their Switch selection was on point! They had some other Super Rare games but they were too spendy. Most all of these were relatively reasonable and i hadn't jumped on any of the Super Rare games so i figured i'd pick some up.

You gonna post scores for Caladrius?

Aug 07 at 6:14:17 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

You gonna post scores for Caladrius?

Sure!   as soon as i set a few!

Aug 07 at 6:41:30 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Unless you have my Chrome extension installed then it's not a problem.

Edited: 08/07/2019 at 06:41 PM by Gloves

Aug 07 at 7:25:59 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Is that a thing?

Aug 07 at 7:39:13 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Is that a thing?

Yup. With my extension installed quote trains looks like this:

If you hover over the gray area it expands the whole train so you can read it if you want to, otherwise they are always maximum 200px tall, collapsed.

If you look at my threads on my profile you should be able to find it easily enough.

Aug 09 at 7:30:46 AM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Got more 4 AES games and I reached the 50 games mark for this console.
I got really into it less than a year ago and went from 6 games to 50 and there a few more on the way.
I never imagined I would have so many games for this console but it's something that I always wanted.