Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Superbright Store Display Sign- SNES/GameBoy/NES Finally got it from the old guy at Volo Antique store- Need help with price!

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:36:41 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Hey guys

This weekend I was at the Volo Antique mall in Illinois.  There is an old guy who owns a little video game store that is insanely over priced and it seems as if he never sells anything.  He has an amazing Superbright sign that has sat there for years.  He said he has had it for 23 years and got it new when he owned a store.  It is in amazing condition.  I have asked him a bunch of times to buy it and he says it isnt for sale and he would never sell it.  I was just chatting him up this weekend and he said he wanted to sell me the whole store...I said why not just finally sell me that sign and he finally agreed.  He said it was his first born child and that hundreds of people have tried to buy it.  "He had been offered $1000.00 dollars for it he said!"  I finally talked him into it saying it would go to a great home and be cherished.  I feel like I got a good deal, but it wasnt cheap. Curious how much people think it is worth?  It is double sided, one side lights up and the other doesnt, just lke most of the World of Nintendo Superbright signs.  It is in amazing condition.  Pics below.

-------------------------

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Edited: 04/25/2016 at 10:26 PM by Retrovision

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:38:07 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Not sure about price. I'd assume $500+ easily. It's fucking beautiful though.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:20:34 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Not sure about price. I'd assume $500+ easily. It's fucking beautiful though.
Thanks man, Im hoping it is worth more than $500.00 but hoping to get some more feedback!

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:33:05 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Somebody locally tried selling one around me and they were asking $1500 I believe. Unsure if it sold or for how much. It definitely is a beautiful sign and is indeed in very good condition.

Haves     |     Wants

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:36:24 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Love the sign, congrats on the pickup!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:40:25 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
That is an amazing sign right there! Absolutely stunning!

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:44:43 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Thanks guys, what do you think it is worth!?

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:12:41 PM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Awesome sign, maybe my favorite non fiberoptic sign that is official Nintendo.

Signs are obviously difficult to price, but I would assume it is in the $1000 range. Not the most common sign, if I were selling mine, I would want over $1000 personally (I am, admittedly, attached to it though lol)

Congrats on the pick up!

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:40:53 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: raregamergirl

Awesome sign, maybe my favorite non fiberoptic sign that is official Nintendo.

Signs are obviously difficult to price, but I would assume it is in the $1000 range. Not the most common sign, if I were selling mine, I would want over $1000 personally (I am, admittedly, attached to it though lol)

Congrats on the pick up!
Thanks for the info!  The story is the best part, this guy had the sign for years and some how I talked him out of it.  I am waiting for some NA folks from Illinois to chime in as I am sure everyone has seen it sitting in his shop!  

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:30:56 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
That's a nice sign! I definately would have tried to buy that as well. As for what it's worth? Seems it was worth $1,000 to somebody at one time and then whatever price you paid, it was worth that to you. Now if you were to sell it, it seems it would take a good chunk but items like these are whatever a buyer and seller can agree on. Definately seems to mean a lot to you, so glad you were finally able to snag it.

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:32:11 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Dang, that is beautiful!

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:10:54 PM
LaC (96)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Retrovision

Hey guys

This weekend I was at the Volo Antique mall in Illinois.  There is an old guy who owns a little video game store that is insanely over priced and it seems as if he never sells anything.  He has an amazing Superbright sign that has sat there for years.  He said he has had it for 23 years and got it new when he owned a store.  It is in amazing condition.  I have asked him a bunch of times to buy it and he says it isnt for sale and he would never sell it.  I was just chatting him up this weekend and he said he wanted to sell me the whole store...I said why not just finally sell me that sign and he finally agreed.  He said it was his first born child and that hundreds of people have tried to buy it.  "He had been offered $1000.00 dollars for it he said!"  I finally talked him into it saying it would go to a great home and be cherished.  I feel like I got a good deal, but it wasnt cheap. Curious how much people think it is worth?  It is double sided, one side lights up and the other doesnt, just lke most of the World of Nintendo Superbright signs.  It is in amazing condition.  Pics below...

The pics don't work for me.  But I have a feeling I know what sign it is and $1000 is about right. Especially worth it because you don't have to ship it. 

-------
Eprom

WTB
FS/FT

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:27:44 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: LaC

Hey guys

This weekend I was at the Volo Antique mall in Illinois.  There is an old guy who owns a little video game store that is insanely over priced and it seems as if he never sells anything.  He has an amazing Superbright sign that has sat there for years.  He said he has had it for 23 years and got it new when he owned a store.  It is in amazing condition.  I have asked him a bunch of times to buy it and he says it isnt for sale and he would never sell it.  I was just chatting him up this weekend and he said he wanted to sell me the whole store...I said why not just finally sell me that sign and he finally agreed.  He said it was his first born child and that hundreds of people have tried to buy it.  "He had been offered $1000.00 dollars for it he said!"  I finally talked him into it saying it would go to a great home and be cherished.  I feel like I got a good deal, but it wasnt cheap. Curious how much people think it is worth?  It is double sided, one side lights up and the other doesnt, just lke most of the World of Nintendo Superbright signs.  It is in amazing condition.  Pics below...

The pics don't work for me.  But I have a feeling I know what sign it is and $1000 is about right. Especially worth it because you don't have to ship it. 

No idea why photobucket decided to crap out on me, it wont load the pics now.  

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:43:14 PM
LaC (96)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois

Originally posted by: LaC

Hey guys

No idea why photobucket decided to crap out on me, it wont load the pics now.  

oh yeah I haven't seen that one in a while. Nice.
PhearedPhool is gonna be jelly.

-------
Eprom

WTB
FS/FT

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:30:04 AM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I don't know the value, but I do know that thing is beautiful. Nice pick-up.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:52:20 AM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

I don't know the value, but I do know that thing is beautiful. Nice pick-up.

Thanks man!

Apr 26, 2016 at 6:11:09 PM
Holy_Ostrich (26)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
1000-1250$ would be a rough guess. The fact that it has all 3 systems on it is a huge plus, not to mention it looks like it's in great shape.

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:04:12 AM
cvgplus (12)
(Howard F) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Holy_Ostrich

1000-1250$ would be a rough guess. The fact that it has all 3 systems on it is a huge plus, not to mention it looks like it's in great shape.

This^^^. Never saw that sign before but all 3 together and is in such great shape, if I had the money and I saw that, I would pay up to 1000 for it and would rock that beauty in my game room. I think a conservative estimate is 1000 and a top of market value is about 1500 just using my thoughts and experiences with various signs and displays.

Some of my favorite games: Dune Battle for Arrakis. Golden Axes. Herzog Zwei. Doom/Quake. Starcraft 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day. TMNT 2 Arcade game. Turtles in TIme. Command and Conquer. Super Mario 2 and 3. Battletoads though its hard as he.l. I give up typing to many more to include.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:56:14 AM
Holy_Ostrich (26)
< Meka Chicken >
If I saw a sign like that in person in a place that sold antiques or whatever, and I collected for all 3 of those systems, I'd consider that to be a "white whale" of a sign and just the sort of thing my game room would need... so 1500$ wouldn't be outlandish in that instance.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:12:03 AM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: cvgplus

This^^^. Never saw that sign before but all 3 together and is in such great shape, if I had the money and I saw that, I would pay up to 1000 for it and would rock that beauty in my game room. I think a conservative estimate is 1000 and a top of market value is about 1500 just using my thoughts and experiences with various signs and displays.

Nice!  I had a feeling it was in that range.  I paid $500 so I feel good about the deal!  

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:15:29 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I'm really shocked at the estimates, but if people are paying that then you did well. Personally I'd have guessed closer to $800 than anything else, but that's just my intuition as a collector. It looks like I'm way off here.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:15:51 AM
Holy_Ostrich (26)
< Meka Chicken >

Nice!  I had a feeling it was in that range.  I paid $500 so I feel good about the deal!  

Yeah you got a great deal, I would've paid that in a hearbeat.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:17:57 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Yeah you got a great deal, I would've paid that in a hearbeat.

If I had the money, I would have gladly paid for it. That sign is awesome.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:51:22 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
Beauty man! That nhl95 looks mint! Is it for sell?!

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:54:35 PM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
$500 is a fantastic deal on it. In my opinion it's right around $750 - $850.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)