Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Halo nerds... What version of Halo Reach will you buy?

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:04:02 PM
##### (15)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Australian Capital Territory
So, with all the different variations of the game that will be available I was wondering if anyone will be investing in the higher end packages.

Standard edition is obviously $60, limited is $80 and legendary is $150.

They also recently announced a limited edition Reach console, which includes the game and an extra wireless controller for $400. It also has a Reach specific design on the console, controllers and box. My original Xbox that I bought over seven years was the Halo limited edition and since I wanted to get the new 360 anyway I'm tempted to get this.

Amazon and Walmart.com have a special deal going on right now where you get a $20 gift certificate if you preorder either limited or legendary.

Go here to see what all the different variations include...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...

Anyway, I'll most likely end up with just the game itself, haha. I have never bought any sort of limited edition game before and I doubt I'll start now.

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:24:04 PM
RetroBasement (142)
(I read PM's !) < King Solomon >
Ohio
im gonna either get none and burn it since my xbox is modded or go for the leg. for collecting purposes and because its sweet. I have the H3 and H2 legendary and limited editions so may as well

-------------------------

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:52:24 PM
Juniorfan (20)
(J R) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Halo sucks, and it's the same shit that Microsoft and Bungie loves to spew out. End of story, and I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole but I hate Halo because to me it's a very overrated pile of shit!

http://www.youtube.com/JuniorfanReturns

Home of Contramentaries and other random shit! xD

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:55:21 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
I vote for....none of them. Seriously, $150 for a Halo game?

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:39:04 PM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Juniorfan89

Halo sucks, and it's the same shit that Microsoft and Bungie loves to spew out. End of story, and I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole but I hate Halo because to me it's a very overrated pile of shit!

haha, pretty much the reaction i expected when i posted this. it may be overrated but i think it's still a great game. i think if it was released as a PS3 exclusive under a different title sony fanboys would cream themselves and troll the hell out of 360 owners.

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:44:36 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Halo is one of the all time great games and ideas ever made for the record200,000+ people don't log on every night to play it for no reason I'm all about the limited edition for collecting only and the basic game to play and I will happily had over my $150.00 for it and an additional $60.00 or whatever for the one I'll play.

mcmrose.com

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:01:22 PM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
I'll buy the Legendary Edition when it's price dropped to $60 in 6 months because they have fifty bajillion of them left over. I bought the Halo 3 Legendary when it came out, and a year later my local GameStop STILL had a ton of them.

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:07:23 AM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: nesguy

I'll buy the Legendary Edition when it's price dropped to $60 in 6 months because they have fifty bajillion of them left over. I bought the Halo 3 Legendary when it came out, and a year later my local GameStop STILL had a ton of them.

dude, you can still buy those fuckers brand new, haha.

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Lege...

that's why i would be hesitant to buy one of the special edition versions. it seems like it would take a long time to be worth anything. as a collector, it would be fun to have, but if that was the only reason to get it then you should definitely wait until the price drop.

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:18:03 AM
videogamehunter (56)
(Tyler Bartsch) < Ridley Wrangler >
Kentucky
I'm getting the legendary.

My videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/hotanime32   

New Video - Why You Should Get A Retron 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p...

My Drawings - http://videogamehunter.deviantart.com/

Jul 25, 2010 at 2:37:14 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Reach is coming out that soon? Didn't ODST come out just recently? Erm.. maybe I'm just out of touch with the Halo series.. Gimme the first one and I'll live on that for a long time.. lol.

| gameplay and talk |

Edited: 07/25/2010 at 02:37 AM by Austin

Jul 25, 2010 at 5:40:36 AM
VideoGamesIzFun (44)
(Justin B) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Pre ordered game only about 2 monthes ago, not really excited for this halo but know I'm going to get it anyway so just preordered it

RPG Fans
http://sociallinkmax.proboards.co...

Jul 25, 2010 at 9:36:03 PM
Berserker (41)
(< • • ll Andrew O. ll • • >) < Kraid Killer >
New Hampshire
I got the Legendary Edition Halo 3.
Saw them at Best Buy a few months later for $50.
So, needless to say, I'm just going to wait a few months after the release.

Modern Warfare 2 is so full of cheaters modding their X360.
I'm sure Halo Reach will be overrun quickly.
In fact I'm hoping it will be so Modern Warfare 2 will be playable again.
Then when the next big thing comes out, I'll start playing Halo Reach online, lol.

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:02:47 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
lmao, can't believe they went with a legendary edition again. Maybe this time it will be more limited to for the amount of people who actually care....like 10 or so sounds about right

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:59:16 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I sort of consider myself a "Halo Nerd" but I'm probably not picking up a copy of Reach. I played Halo 1 a little bit, Halo 2 religiously in college and bought a X360 solely for Halo 3. However, I never played ODST and I'm not too enthusiastic about Reach, at least not yet.

I have the "limited" of Halo 3, would probably get that if I bought Reach.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 26, 2010 at 8:20:16 PM
Mustakrakish (0)
(Jeremy O) < Crack Trooper >
Virginia
I wasn't going to get this until I watched this video:

That really sold me. I'm probably going to get the regular version sometime around christmas when there's a sale on.

Faster than a laser bullet. Louder than an atom bomb.

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:15:31 AM
Novastinger (21)
(Ryan .) < Crack Trooper >
New York
I used to be obsessed with Halo games, mainly the original and Halo 2, but Halo 3 didn't hold my interest long, and ODST didn't impress me much, so I may wait for the reviews before deciding. Definitely just getting the regular edition though.

I'm more interested in what Bungie will make after this, seeing as it's the last Halo game they make before Microsoft takes over the franchise.

My boxed nes/snes collection 6/30/2010

Jul 27, 2010 at 8:24:34 PM
Richard (19)
(Richard ) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I made the mistake buying the legendary edition last time and fool me twice shame on me as they say. If they proved it was limited I would buy it, but it isn't. You know why? It has been up on preorder for months now and it isn't sold out and with the amount of halo freaks/this gaming being number 1 on preorder list for a while shows that this is anything but limited.

You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness.

Edited: 07/27/2010 at 08:25 PM by Richard

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:29:47 PM
##### (15)
< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Richard

I made the mistake buying the legendary edition last time and fool me twice shame on me as they say. If they proved it was limited I would buy it, but it isn't. You know why? It has been up on preorder for months now and it isn't sold out and with the amount of halo freaks/this gaming being number 1 on preorder list for a while shows that this is anything but limited.

yeah, i'd be hesitant about springing for the legendary when you can still buy the legendary edition of halo 3 brand new off amazon for around $60.

i forgot to mention, reach comes out on my birthday which is pretty cool. i'm not going to bother with a preorder since i'm sure someone will end up getting the game for me anyway.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:24:24 PM
stingray2772 (26)
(Cory J) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
i opted for the limited, but only because walmart screwed up and gave me a free $20 gift card