Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Shipping Help!! Need some helpful infomation for shipping game systems!

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:41:50 AM
Zwippy (0)

(Chris K) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
So i have been buying up craigslist lots and hitting the yard sales around my area over the summer and have amassed quite the console collection. I have been selling the extras (after tearing apart and cleaning them all) online and the shipping costs are quite high! On average ive been spending about 11-12 dollars per system shipped. Is that normal? Am i doing something wrong and missing something obvious?

What is going to be the best/cheapest way to ship these things out? Mainly its been N64's and NES's that i have been selling. The N64's im selling the system and cords with no controllers and NES's im selling the system with 2 controllers and cords, if that helps give you an idea on what im shipping out. I wrap each system in bubble wrap and the cords/power supply go into a ziploc bag. The controllers for the NES get wrapped in bubble wrap and put into a bag as well.  Need to shave as much as i can so i have more moneys to fuel the collection!

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:23:40 AM
ACgamefinds (4)
(Jake N64 Collector) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
That sounds about right at 11-12. I usually ship my n64s for 10 something in s medium flat rate. Hope I helped!

-------------------------

Looking for any n64 loose,Gamecube CIB Exclusive, & Gamegear CIB Exclusive Games!

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:30:58 AM
Zwippy (0)

(Chris K) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
That you did, i appreciate it! Im rather new to selling online so the shipping charges were higher then i thought they would be. Thanks again!

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:14:15 PM
nonameo (90)

(N S) < Meka Chicken >
United States
yeah, shipping is crazy. I could talk a lot about shipping. Really I think we need to have a shipping thread stickied here in the help wanted forum.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:27:25 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
It's not that shipping is crazy, it's that the profit margin on consoles only is very low. That's why you see N64 consoles only in the wild for $5 and still sitting there. Resellers know it is not worth the time and effort to buy it, clean it, test it, take pictures, list it and ship it. All of that for $5-$10 profit after fees and shipping? No way.

If you're looking to get the maximum price out of your lots, it won't be in reducing shipping. It should be about adding value.

Add a SMB / DH cart to your NES bundle so it sells faster / higher. Add 1 controller and a popular game to your N64 bundle for similar results (examples: Zelda OOT, Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, etc.) Those bundles still ship for the $10-$12 you've mentioned, yet they'll probably net you $30-$40 after fees and make it more worth your time.

Otherwise, there is very little demand for a console bundle that is not plug and play. People want to be able to play it the second they get it without additional purchases. You need to cater to that audience if you want to sell systems... that's the true market for this stuff.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=