Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Werewolf IV: Pokemon Island GAME OVER - Final update has been posted

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:34:06 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Hello.  Welcome to the next round of Werewolf!  This game will be Pokemon themed.  If you're interested in playing, just post in this thread and I'll add you to the list.  A few notes about this game:

-If you are unfamiliar with the rules, please see the full rules below.  They were mostly copied from the games run by KokiriChild, so if you're familiar with those, you won't find any differences outside of what has been listed here.

-The game will start in the evening of Wednesday, September 9.

-A game day will last 4 real days instead of 5.  Game nights will still last 2 days.

-The game days and nights will end at 11:00 PM NA time.

-For a change of pace, there will be no lynching/killing in this game, so it won't feel completely out of place in the Pokemon universe.  The basic rules will still be the same.  Instead of voting for who to lynch, you will be voting for who will be captured.  Wolf kills have been changed to wolf captures.

-The names of some roles have been changed.  They may function a bit differently from the previous games, so please read your roles carefully.

-You may not vote for yourself.

-All the roles have been created and this game can accommodate up to 28 players.  If less than 28 people join, I'll make some adjustments to the roles so that the game can be played with fewer people.

-Please don't hesitate to post or PM me any questions you may have.

The Story so far:

Team Rocket had just landed ashore the island.  Rumor has it that the island is primarily inhabited by Pokemon who have escaped from their trainers and no longer wish to fight, some of which are believed to be quite powerful.  It is also said that they would fiercely attack any human that sets foot on its shores.  A prospect like this was so tantalizing that Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, came along on this mission.  A place where powerful Pokemon will come right to you?  What could be better!  Within moments of arriving, it was already a worthwhile trip.  A sudden bolt of lightning came down, knocking several of his henchmen to the ground.  Giovanni threw a Master Ball into the air and instantly caught the Zapdos that was flying above.

"Looks like this is the place.  Activate the Machine!" he commanded.

A strange machine resembling a giant Pokedex on wheels was remove from a crate.  A seemingly reluctant technician activated it just as several large Pokemon were approaching from the nearby woods.  Beams of light shot at the Pokemon, pulling them in as if they were being called back to a Poke Ball.  The Pokemon tried to destroy the machine, but it was resistant to all Pokemon attacks.  It would chase after any Pokemon not within the range of its beam.  Everything seemed to be going according to plan.

Something was amiss though.  Not all the Pokemon appeared to be there to fight, but rather they were running away from something in the woods.  A surprisingly high number of Mr. Mimes were among them.  A strange purple mist was approaching from the woods.  Out of the mist came a Mr. Mime carrying several Poke Ball-like objects.  It threw one of them at Giovanni and it exploded into the purple mist, causing him to start coughing and become dizzy.  Several more balls were thrown targeting both Team Rocket and the various Pokemon in the vicinity.  There was panic among Team Rocket and one member stumbled into the machine, knocking it off of its wheels and immobilizing it.  When he tried to lift it back up, the machine beamed him in as if he were a Pokemon.  "Mr. Mime 'Butch' capture confirmed.  HP level 100%" read the screen.  Several other nearby Team Rocket Members were also beamed in.

When the mist faded, it became apparent that everyone, including the Pokemon, had been transformed into Mr. Mimes.  Were there members of Team Rocket still among them?  A debate ensued as to what to do next.

"We must destroy that machine!"

"If we destroy it, how will we get our friends back?!  We must figure out a way to get them out!"

"But first we have to get rid of Team Rocket!"

Indeed, the Pokemon could sense that there were still humans present.  Accusations ran wild.

"Throw him to the machine!  I'm sure he's with Team Rocket!"

"I'm a Pokemon and you know it!  You must be with Team Rocket!"

"This isn't getting us anywhere!"  someone interjected  "Let's have a rational discussion and vote to determine who we throw to the machine.  It will be like that forum game Werewolf!"

"Forum game?" another questioned.

"Yeah, it's really run.  Trust me." he responded.

"What's he talking about?!"

"Is he mad?!"

"Is this a game to him?!"

This comment riled up the crowd and a majority vote was made that he could not be trusted.  The mob grabbed him and threw him within range of the machine.  He was instantly beamed in.  "Mr. Mime 'Dr. Akihabara' capture confirmed.  HP level 100%"

"That worked well.  Who's next?"

WELCOME TO... WEREWOLF IV: Pokemon Island

Rules:

1.) Object of the Game

-The object of the game "Are You a Werewolf?" is dependent on what side of the game you are playing on. There are two main factions: the Werewolves and the Townspeople. Townspeople win the game when they have eliminated all Werewolves from the game. Whereas, the Werewolves win the game when there is an equal amount or more Werewolves in the Town at the end of a day or night. In some cases, more factions, such as independents are added to the game.
---For the purposes of this game:
----------Werewolves = Team Rocket
----------Townspeople = Island Inhabitants

2.)Game Day and Nights

2a.)Game Day
-The game day is divided into two cycles, Day and Night.
-Unless otherwise stated by the mod, a Game Day will last 4 real days
-Each Day, the village will try to choose a player to remove from the game. To do so, a simple majority of the Town must vote them out.
---Half is not a majority.
----------EXAMPLE: If there are 17 members left in the town, 9 people must vote for the same person to remove them.
----------EXAMPLE 2: If there are 18 people in a town, 10 people must vote for the same person to remove them.

2b.) Game Night
- Unless otherwise stated by the mod, a Game Night will last 48 hours (2 real days) 
-After the Day Update, the game enters the Night. NO ONE may post AT ALL until the mod begins the next Game Day
---This INCLUDES inactivity posts. Players who will have extended inactivity will PM the mod who will decide a course of action based on the circumstances
-During the Night those players with roles will PM me their actions.
-At the end of the Night, the Night Update will summarize the pertinent actions, and Day will begin again.

3.) Voting

3a.) At any time, in any post made during the Game Day, you may vote. 
3b.) When voting, the word "VOTE" must be capitalized and bolded
---Example:
----------VOTE: Red
3c.) You may unvote at any time, but you must specifically unvote the player you previously voted for before voting for a new one.
3d.) When unvoting the word "UNVOTE" must be capitalized and bolded
---Example:
----------UNVOTE: Red
----------VOTE: KokiriChild
3e.) You do not have to unvote and re-vote in the same post.
3f.) You may not vote for yourself

4.) Posting

4a.) Unless specifically stated by the mod, all posting will cease upon reaching the End Day time and date regardless of whether the mod has posted or not.
---Posting after the Day End date and time without mod instruction is grounds for punishment
----------Offense one: Public Warning
----------Offense two: Replacement
---------------If a replacement cannot be made, a modkill will be done instead. 
4b.) Unless specifically specified in your role, you MAY NOT speak or communicate with other players about the game (outside the game thread) through ANY MEANS
---First offense: Replacement/Modkill, ban from next game
4c.) Do NOT edit your posts. 
---First Offense: Public Warning
---Second Offense: Replacement/Modkill 
4d.) Do NOT double post (with or without the double-post eliminator).
---First Offense: Public Warning
---Second Offense: Replacement/Modkill
4e.) Do NOT verbatim quote anything in your role PM. You may paraphrase, summarize or re-word information you receive, but may not directly quote anything you receive via PM from the mod.
---First Offense: Replacement/Modkill
4f.) As the mod I have the right to immediately punish the First Offense as a Second Offense if I deem the damage great enough.
4g.) If I deem you causing trouble with too many First Offenses, I have right to Replace or Modkill you
4h.) If the situation is deemed severe enough by at least three approved NintendoAge mods, bans from future games, or blacklisting may be applied to a rule-breaker

5.) Modkills

5a.) Modkills during the day end the day early with no capture
5b.) Modkills during the night will be included among those captured during the night
5c.) Anyone who purposely gets themselves modkilled in an attempt to affect the game will be punished
---First Offense: One game Ban

6.) Death (for this game, "death" refers to being captured)
6a.) Death is permanent unless otherwise stated by the mod
6b.) You may NOT post in the thread AT ALL while dead unless approved by the mod
---This includes bumping, vote counts, "Game is Frozen" posts
----NO POSTS OF ANY KIND until the game ends
----------First Offense: One game Ban

7.) Inactivity
-If you have not posted at least TWICE between the start and end of the Game Day, you are considered Inactive
---Special Circumstances may be made for Games Days that are unusually short or pre-maturely ended 
----------First Offense: Friendly Private Reminder
----------Second Offense Replacement/Modkill 

8.) Common Roles

- These will be listed in their most basic type. Any Moderator may make modifications to said roles if they wish. This just gives the basis for what the roles do. Roles may have modifications such as Sanity (Insane Seer, who reads Town as Wolf and Vice Versa), X-Shot (3-Shot Vigilante, who may strike thrice), or Wolf (ability for the Wolf Faction, rather than town). 

-Townie (Vanilla Townie, Civilian). No Night Role, must use logic to find the wolves by what they say during the Day.
-Mason. No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the town outside of the game thread. Usually defined as Town/Town aligned, but can sometimes not be so.
-Neighbor (Acquaintance). No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the village outside the game thread. No defined Role Alignment pairing.
-Priest (Doctor, Angel). Night Role. May try to save one member of the village from attacks during the Night. Whether this saves them from all attacks or just one is up to the moderator.
-Seer (Cop). Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their alignment. 
-Detective (Role Cop). Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their Role Card/Abilities.
-Tracker. Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see what they do.
-Watcher. Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see who targets them.
-Vigilante. Night Role. May remove one member of the village from the game.
-Role Blocker. Night Role. May stop member of the village from using their role. (Does work on the wolves', if they chose the correct wolf).
-Alpha (Godfather). Passive. Investigations of their Alignment return as "Town."

SIGN-UPS

1. GreatGadon (Drowzee - Role Blocker - Captured Night 5)
2. NESfanatic (Machamp - Reluctant Vigilante) **WINNER**
3. fox (Psyduck - Telepathic Detective - Captured Night 8)
4. batteriesnotincluded (Porygon - Townie - Captured Night 4)
5. doner24 (Charmander - Mason - Captured Night 6)
6. MasterBigCat (Dragonite - Tracker - Captured Night 7)
7. wasg13 (Mr. Mime - Priest - Captured Night 2)
8. alakhira (Chansey - Neighbor) **WINNER**
9. jmbarnes101 (Meowth - Townie - Captured by town Day 8)
10. Generic (Charmander - Townie - Mysteriously disappeared Night 3)
11. Brock Landers (Magmar - Mason - Captured by town Day 7)
12. Vectrex280996 (Jessie - Werewolf - Captured by town Day 2)
13. ZeldaFan042 (James - Werewolf/Sun Blocker - Captured Night 4)
14. DaveToTheGrave (Todd Snap - Townie - Captured by town Day 6)
15. SAG26 (Gastly - Illusionist - Captured Night 3)
16. CLAYB1RD (Gary - Independent/Pokemon Master - Captured by town Day 5)
17. VenusBananaPeel (Giovanni - Alpha Wolf/Messenger - Captured by town Day 9)
18. rdools (Rocket Grunt - Werewolf/Role Blocker - Captured by town Day 4)
19. sonicboom (Illusion - Vanished Day 3)
20. dra600n (Growlithe - Pokemon Detector - Mysteriously disappeared Night 4)

BACK-UPS

Edited: 10/16/2015 at 12:18 AM by Red

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:34:48 PM
GreatGadon (3)
(Robert ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Sign me up

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:49:49 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Im in. Looking forward to seeing this game out

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:05:40 PM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
/in

Let's get a bit of an ice breaker going.  What is everyone's day 1 strategy?

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:32:48 PM
batteriesnotincluded (19)
(Devil S. Advocate) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Yup!

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:55:39 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
In

-------------------------

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:21:04 AM
MasterBigCat (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Im in. This will be fun.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:36:13 AM
wasg13 (72)
(Pokerock ) < Kraid Killer >
New Jersey
Sign me up would like to try again

Aug 21, 2015 at 1:23:55 PM
alakhira (134)
(Martin ) < Lolo Lord >
Connecticut
I'm in!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0309-0134-0531
Now Playing: Moonlighter
Recently Completed: Minit, Dragon Quest Builders, Hollow Knight, Ys VIII

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:33:29 PM
GreatGadon (3)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: fox

/in

I look to see who has the shadiest looking avatar.  If its shady that guy is hiding something and he is obviously a werewolf.

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:37:07 PM
jmbarnes101 (50)
(Cheeks Barnes) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
I'm willing to try this out.

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:20:51 AM
Red (80)
United States

/in

My plan is to make timely vote count updates and end the game day promptly when a sufficient number of votes are attained.

Edited: 08/24/2015 at 01:21 AM by Red

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:18:05 PM
Generic (27)
(Eric ) < Kraid Killer >
New Mexico
I'm in. I would like to see some more support! Come on and join!

Originally posted by: alekx

your a nintendo collector, its not a lady killer hobby... Try selling drugs or settle for an ugly chick.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I'm in. I've never played Werewolf (but I have played Resistance) and I don't know anything about Pokemon, but hopefully that doesn't matter

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:57:23 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Im guessing there's some salty past players, just suck it up and give red a chance. The werewolf games are always lots of fun! And we have nothing to based reds style off of so its a legit even playing field for all

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:56:45 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
In!!!

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:52:11 PM
GreatGadon (3)
Wisconsin
Come on peeps, sign up so we can play. Gotta catch em all!

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:17:17 PM
Red (80)
United States
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

I'm in. I've never played Werewolf (but I have played Resistance) and I don't know anything about Pokemon, but hopefully that doesn't matter
I tried to make it so the game could be played by anyone.  While a little bit of Pokemon knowledge might be helpful, it shouldn't matter too much.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:52:02 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Meka Chicken >
North Dakota
Sign me up!!

WTB  <--- Please sell me a GameCube prototype controller!!!
Originally posted by: Stryphos
Originally posted by: Foochie776

What's an Apple Pippin?
Remember in the Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn threw that piece of fruit and hit him in the head after asking for second breakfast?  Yeah, that's an apple.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:11:50 PM
DaveToTheGrave (20)
(David ) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I'm in.

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:49:56 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: DaveToTheGrave

I'm in.

Get ur "friends" attakid and dragoon in this game ha

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:26:36 PM
SAG26 (53)
(Shane Geiger) < El Ripper >
Washington
I'm in!

Hey Yo!

Can NA Beat Every GameBoy Game? - 2015 <--Join Us!

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:43:48 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Would you be willing to scale things down Red? I don't think it is going to be the giant size epic you wanted, but we have enough cool people on board that we can still have a pretty tight round.

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:44:30 AM
CLAYB1RD (105)
(Clay Myers) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
Go ahead and sign me up as well!

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:05:07 PM
Red (80)
United States

Would you be willing to scale things down Red? I don't think it is going to be the giant size epic you wanted, but we have enough cool people on board that we can still have a pretty tight round.

I wasn't really expecting to fill all 28 roles, but I'd still like to get a few more players before starting.