Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WTB Mega Man (1) for NES Found, Thanks!

Oct 12 at 11:23:52 PM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Just checking to see if anyone is interested in selling a loose copy of the original Mega Man for NES? Looking to spend around $40 shipped for fair condition (I like a good label, but don't mind writing or stickers).

I sold my copy a few years ago and am having second thoughts. Even with this game appearing on multiple modern consoles, I still think the NES version handles better.

Anyway, please PM me. Thanks!

Edit: Game found, no longer looking. Thanks!

-------------------------

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Edited: 10/14/2019 at 11:23 PM by rdrunner

Oct 13 at 4:07:23 PM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
Good luck on your find, hope someone pops up to sell.

The NES version handles identically to the various ROM re-releases on modern platforms.
The only difference is no input lag playing when playing on a CRT via NES. And of course with the non-wireless/lag-free, and amazing NES controller.

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Oct 14 at 11:22:44 PM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Thanks. Found my copy tonight, so I'm all set.

Yeah, this is mostly a nostalgic move here. I also love my PS2 copy of Anniversary collection, but in addition to the input lag and inherent other issues such as loading screens, the sound is a little off. Small things like the sound effect when the clear score tallies for each robot master are slightly different. Also for whatever reason, my controller sometimes won't register when I press Start to bring up the weapon menu.

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Oct 14 at 11:50:42 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Everything sucks in comparison to the original NES version, so good move here buddy!