Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Naruto Run planned for Area 51 Over 300,000 people have signed on to a Facebook event pledging to raid Area 51

Jul 12 at 6:34:12 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Jul 12 at 6:55:22 AM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
I heard about this last night, wtf!

-------------------------
Anybody want a butterscotch?

Jul 12 at 7:31:31 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Seems like an internet joke taken too far that's going to end up with a couple arrests.

Would be interesting to watch even if just a single percent of the people who signed up actually pull through.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 12 at 7:39:28 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
If almost 400,000 raided that property what are they going to do? They would have plenty of notice to have all the hangers and facilities locked down and could be ready and waiting to let them have their fun with buses ready to begin arresting them

Jul 12 at 7:40:13 AM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
I mean a couple .50 cals on top of some hummers or just some well armed guards would be enough to deter smart people.

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Jul 12 at 7:41:38 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I want to see this happen simply to see what happens....

Another thought this seems like a great opportunity for t-shirt stand at souvenirs in the towns.

Jul 12 at 8:46:58 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Really easy to pledge on facebook then it is to actually travel there and try that.

I bet less than 5% even show up (if that)

Jul 12 at 8:56:29 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Oh yeah 5% even sounds high. My money is on the organizer doesn't even show. All a big prank to get others to do it lol.

Jul 12 at 9:10:40 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Jul 12 at 9:29:11 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
I mean its pretty reasonable. The US has been hoarding these aliens for too long. All we want is a small peak.

KDDK Player  

Jul 12 at 9:30:47 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Gloves

Oh yeah 5% even sounds high. My money is on the organizer doesn't even show. All a big prank to get others to do it lol.

There’s a lot of idiots in the world. Someone can “take the lead” if they see an opportunity to do so.

I think even 1% is too high an estimate. My bet is no more than a couple hundred people, mostly white college aged people and a couple old timey conspiracy theorists...A good chance one of which are the guys who take conspiracies and UFOs seriously (whether for business, or they legitimately take it seriously)....and maybe a couple press types just in case there’s some action.

I bet the administration of Area 51 takes this somewhat seriously and has protocols in place and has likely been securing and mobilizing some things since word of this broke out. They probably called in extra security in the form of homeland security and are probably heavily monitoring all 300,000 people who signed the pledge.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 12 at 9:33:28 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Change it to a McDonalds and that number goes to 99%.

'Murka

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 12 at 9:35:03 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

I bet the administration of Area 51 takes this somewhat seriously and has protocols in place and has likely been securing and mobilizing some things since word of this broke out. They probably called in extra security in the form of homeland security and are probably heavily monitoring all 300,000 people who signed the pledge.
In terms of extra security, I suspect they can just mobilize other law enforcement for highway checkpoints far enough away from the facility that walking overland is a practical impossibility.

(combine that with multiple layers of actual base security and of course nobody is getting in -- they just need to have enough layers of non-lethal and less-lethal security to avoid needing to shoot people -- though there is the secondary problem that you might scatter people into the desert to die of dehydration if they run away)

In terms of monitoring -- wouldn't be surprised if these people who signed up all at least have tracking of flights into the surrounding area that would at least generate some kind of automated alert to provide an estimate of how many people are going to show up.  That would be pretty low-effort compared to any kind of active monitoring of other activities.

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 09:36 AM by arch_8ngel

Jul 12 at 9:38:46 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Wheelcakes

I mean its pretty reasonable. The US has been hoarding these aliens for too long. All we want is a small peak.

I agree. Just give us a taste damn it!!

Jul 12 at 9:40:29 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: YOUR-AD-HERE

'Murka

Tell people they have McDonalds szechuan sauce at Area 51 and that number goes to 200%

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jul 12 at 9:42:56 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

'Murka
OOooooh what if there was a secret McDonalds inside Area 51?!?!?!?!

Even Aliens would love those Steak Bagel breakfast sandwiches...just sayin.

Jul 12 at 9:53:12 AM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Meka Chicken >
North Dakota
It's called a joke, thanks

This has been around for awhile. The memes are hilarious

WTB  <--- Please sell me a GameCube prototype controller!!!
Originally posted by: Stryphos
Originally posted by: Foochie776

What's an Apple Pippin?
Remember in the Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn threw that piece of fruit and hit him in the head after asking for second breakfast?  Yeah, that's an apple.

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 09:53 AM by ZeldaFan042

Jul 12 at 10:15:11 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: ZeldaFan042

It's called a joke, thanks

This has been around for awhile. The memes are hilarious
A what?

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 12 at 10:18:51 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
They moved all the alien stuff to Dugway years ago anyway.

Jul 12 at 10:25:33 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Remember nonsense like Pizzagate? There are people who literally believe whatever people post online.

Jul 12 at 10:27:18 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

'Murka
OOooooh what if there was a secret McDonalds inside Area 51?!?!?!?!

Even Aliens would love those Steak Bagel breakfast sandwiches...just sayin.

Drive near it with the Waze app turned on and you'll know for sure!

Jul 12 at 10:35:39 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Remember nonsense like Pizzagate? There are people who literally believe whatever people post online.

Yeah, there is no way this doesn't attract some contingent of actual crazies.

It may be a joke to the vast majority, but the turnout is going to be non-zero.

Jul 12 at 10:47:42 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

In terms of extra security, I suspect they can just mobilize other law enforcement for highway checkpoints far enough away from the facility that walking overland is a practical impossibility.

(combine that with multiple layers of actual base security and of course nobody is getting in -- they just need to have enough layers of non-lethal and less-lethal security to avoid needing to shoot people -- though there is the secondary problem that you might scatter people into the desert to die of dehydration if they run away)

Sounds like the problem taking care of itself to me!

These are morons trying to access a military facility.  They'll be lucky if they get any type of non-lethal warning before taking a bunch of shots to the 10 ring.

Jul 12 at 10:53:46 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

These are morons trying to access a military facility.  They'll be lucky if they get any type of non-lethal warning before taking a bunch of shots to the 10 ring.

Normally I'd agree.

I'm in a heavily military area, and it is well known that if you take your private boat within range of military ships and ignore their warnings you WILL be shot to protect the vessel.

But if you had a flotilla of dipshits that all did it at once... it would be really bad PR to gun everyone down, and they'd likely try and plan a less lethal approach to crowd control.

Area 51 is at least remote enough that they can stop everyone well outside of walking distance and have checkpoints along the highway to figure out the "flow" of the crowd before it gets out of hand, if too many morons turn up.  (they also innately have a much larger zone where they are readily able to restrain/detain people before lethal force is justified, versus approaching navy ships)

Jul 12 at 11:03:45 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
They'll just start mowin em down with machine guns and the others will see its no joke

SW-6786-5095-2210