< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

Originally posted by: bootload

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Consolesandcarts.com is available.

Abbreviating cartridge to cart would make me unsubscribe. It's unprofessional, you may as well use something like cartz2gamez.com or whatever the teenagers are writing now.

Holy shit what will we do? How will we survive? We honestly need your one "subcription" to make this whole thing work. 

Are you still wondering how this site got the reputation it does? I never mentioned anything about threatening to leave, nor that you needed me, I was letting you know that I would choose not to be a part of it. The same way I chose not to use WATA because they abbreviate cartridge to cart on their labels. I know WATA doesn't care and I'm fine with it, I just let them know and moved on.

If you're going to treat members of your site like this, you have to accept that fact that one person will choose not to be a part of it and your attitude will likely turn that one person into a few thousand.

You should trying being nicer to people.

No offense, but this is overly dramatic. Your original comment seemed irrational and excessive to me. The response was just sarcasm and you're taking it too personally. I know this place has a reputation, but this isn't really respelredentative of the perceived elitism and attitude of users here. His response was pretty tame compared to what you would get on many active game forums.

It's not overdramatic. The mods do that crap all the time. It makes users feel unwelcomed and like the mods are mocking them. No one will pay money to subscribe to a forum either btw.

Oct 10 at 6:22:47 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: User123

Abbreviating cartridge to cart would make me unsubscribe. It's unprofessional, you may as well use something like cartz2gamez.com or whatever the teenagers are writing now.

Holy shit what will we do? How will we survive? We honestly need your one "subcription" to make this whole thing work. 

Are you still wondering how this site got the reputation it does? I never mentioned anything about threatening to leave, nor that you needed me, I was letting you know that I would choose not to be a part of it. The same way I chose not to use WATA because they abbreviate cartridge to cart on their labels. I know WATA doesn't care and I'm fine with it, I just let them know and moved on.

If you're going to treat members of your site like this, you have to accept that fact that one person will choose not to be a part of it and your attitude will likely turn that one person into a few thousand.

You can count on them treating people this way in the new site. I still stand with what I said before, people don't dislike NA, they dislike some of the members that are on here and some of those members are looking to migrate to a new site that will eventually end up being a handful of them in a few years 

Tell me more about that, its very interesting. 

and to bootload- complaining about using cart, vs. cartridge, is so ridiculous, the only way to discuss it is to make fun of it. 

and if you think what a said is super mean, you should probably steer clear of most of the internet. 

the other guys and I know there is always going to be a small minority that hates the way we do things, or dont agree. Thats fine- no one is forcing you to go to a new site. But as of right now, we are the only ones making an effort to try and secure a future for the community. We have had a ton of people reach out to us with offers to help, either with money, or time and effort. 

funny how none of those people are complaining in this thread. 

Oct 10 at 6:24:56 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

No offense, but this is overly dramatic. Your original comment seemed irrational and excessive to me. The response was just sarcasm and you're taking it too personally. I know this place has a reputation, but this isn't really respelredentative of the perceived elitism and attitude of users here. His response was pretty tame compared to what you would get on many active game forums.

It's not overdramatic. The mods do that crap all the time. It makes users feel unwelcomed and like the mods are mocking them. No one will pay money to subscribe to a forum either btw.

Hey my secret admirer is back!

And, like I said in my last post, we have had a ton of people already offer more money than we would make on subscriptions for a while anyways. 

Oct 10 at 6:31:02 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
*Checks reddit, my various FB game groups, IGN Vestibule*

Yep, overly dramatic, this is tame.

Back to the topic, I think a subscription tough at first without ensuring you have a stable and active community first. I might consider the idea of of having tiers of users with subscriptions and non-subscriptions providing the opportunity to gift other users subscriptions.

Oct 10 at 6:33:37 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York

Maybe I missed it, what do you have against abbreviating words? Cartz or Kartz I get, but how is 'carts', unprofessional? And why the need to be porfessional on a site about video games? From a technical standpoint, you want to have a shorter url than a longer one. 

Oct 10 at 6:42:32 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
NintendoNewAge.com anyone?

Oct 10 at 6:59:31 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: DoctorEncore

I like cartsandconsoles and factorysealed. These are catchy, quick, and represent the site content well. Only minor complaint is that the first one ignores the disc based era, but I don't feel it would have a significant impact. I mean, this site has Nintendo in the name and people still talk about all consoles and PC.
Only thing about Factory Sealed is it makes me think it's a sealed collector's site.

Oct 10 at 7:10:52 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania

I like cartsandconsoles and factorysealed. These are catchy, quick, and represent the site content well. Only minor complaint is that the first one ignores the disc based era, but I don't feel it would have a significant impact. I mean, this site has Nintendo in the name and people still talk about all consoles and PC.

Really not a fan of factorysealed. This imo emphasize the one part of collecting that I thought we were trying to escape from, lol, the wata investment only side of things. Might as well just call the site Jeff's illegitimate child, or something like that then.

Regarding the word cart, really don't understand the hatred towards it, personally.

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Oct 10 at 7:43:59 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Mintyelite
Describes it pretty well.

Oct 10 at 7:56:02 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: fcgamer

Really not a fan of factorysealed. This imo emphasize the one part of collecting that I thought we were trying to escape from, lol, the wata investment only side of things. Might as well just call the site Jeff's illegitimate child, or something like that then. Regarding the word cart, really don't understand the hatred towards it, personally.

Expanding on "Cart / Catridge" both are still wrong since they're Game Paks anyway. :V

Tender Tapes are acceptable.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 10/10/2019 at 07:56 PM by PowerPlayers

Oct 10 at 8:01:17 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Catridge

We have a winner. 

Oct 10 at 8:04:33 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: fsped09

Maybe I missed it, what do you have against abbreviating words? Cartz or Kartz I get, but how is 'carts', unprofessional? And why the need to be porfessional on a site about video games? From a technical standpoint, you want to have a shorter url than a longer one. 

It's because it's completely arbitrary, why not shorten it another letter and call them cars? Or commit to going all the way and just use C? It makes zero sense and I dislike things that don't make any sense, I like referring to items by their given name, they're called cartridges. It's not hard to say and it's not hard to write.

Also, another thing. You're pluralizing an abbreviation, you can't do that. The abbreviation of cartridges (plural) is still cart. You can't abbreviate it, remove some of the inside letters and keep the S at the end, that's even more arbitrary.

Or maybe it's just my aspergers, either explanation is valid. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's my aspergers and I'm the only one whom cares.

neurodivergentgaming.com
I always thought tanookisuit would make a cool gaming site domain but never bothered to buy it.

Oct 10 at 8:05:37 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: barrels

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Catridge

We have a winner. 

I've been hanging out in Boston a little too much...

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Oct 10 at 8:21:30 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

It's because it's completely arbitrary, why not shorten it another letter and call them cars? Or commit to going all the way and just use C? It makes zero sense and I dislike things that don't make any sense, I like referring to items by their given name, they're called cartridges. It's not hard to say and it's not hard to write.

Also, another thing. You're pluralizing an abbreviation, you can't do that. The abbreviation of cartridges (plural) is still cart. You can't abbreviate it, remove some of the inside letters and keep the S at the end, that's even more arbitrary.

Or maybe it's just my aspergers, either explanation is valid. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's my aspergers and I'm the only one whom cares.

neurodivergentgaming.com
I always thought tanookisuit would make a cool gaming site domain but never bothered to buy it.

It absolutely does not make "zero sense". Cartridge is two syllables, while Cart is one. It's the simplest way to lessen the term to a single syllable while retaining the most characters.

You absolutely CAN pluralize an abbreviation. You're making up rules. Ever bought a couple CDs before? Uploaded some JPGs to an image hosting site? Did you know that the States is in possession of multiple WMDs? Do you like M&Ms?

Oct 10 at 8:22:17 PM
3rdstrongestmole (19)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
No... You can absolutely pluralize an abbreviation... I'm not sure where in the annals of Google you came by that. Anyways, the English language is a malleable shit-show... Did you know that they changed the word literally to now also mean figuratively?? Basically because people couldn't get it right... So anyways, the bottom line is, why does any of this matter for the discussion at hand?

... Also, I thought deadmarios was pretty funny

Oct 10 at 8:22:38 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

neurodivergentgaming.com

It's not arbitrary if it's in the common vernacular

Calling a CD a "disc" = acceptable

Calling a CD a "compact" = weird

You place too much stock in your own idiosyncrasies

edit: Asperger's... right. Probably a good culprit for the disconnect

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 10/10/2019 at 08:25 PM by Brock Landers

Oct 10 at 8:23:52 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
If you can't call cartridges carts then you can't call video games just games either....

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 10 at 8:25:51 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Gloves

neurodivergentgaming.com

It absolutely does not make "zero sense". Cartridge is two syllables, while Cart is one. It's the simplest way to lessen the term to a single syllable while retaining the most characters.

You absolutely CAN pluralize an abbreviation. You're making up rules. Ever bought a couple CDs before? Uploaded some JPGs to an image hosting site? Did you know that the States is in possession of multiple WMDs? Do you like M&Ms?

No joke, I use CD and DVD as plural.
CD is still the abbreviation for compact discs.

Oct 10 at 8:32:09 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

neurodivergentgaming.com

That's not how the English language works I'm afraid. You're simply mistaken regarding how it works. 

Oct 10 at 8:39:29 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

neurodivergentgaming.com

Then you should call NES games game paks. Your arguement is silly at best.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 10 at 8:52:37 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Purpleganon.com

Why is this even still up for discussion!

Oct 10 at 9:02:18 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York

neurodivergentgaming.com

Yeah, that's coo-coo pants. Best of luck to you.

Oct 10 at 9:03:42 PM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
This thread is off the rails. There are several good suggestions here. New thread with a dozen of the best suggested names + a poll and we're good.

I like pizza.

Oct 10 at 9:10:53 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: LostLevel83

This thread is off the rails. There are several good suggestions here. New thread with a dozen of the best suggested names + a poll and we're good.

We're working on it.  

Oct 10 at 9:19:56 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

Purpleganon.com

Why is this even still up for discussion!

Such a stupid name. I'd definitely not be a member of a site called purpleganon lol

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread