NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

gaming room updates UPDATE: got another WoN Superbrite, plus took a group photo

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:57:09 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
UPDATE (10/23/16):
I bought another WoN Superbrite sign over the weekend.  It works great, and is in quite nice condition.  I also took a group photo of my main 3 Superbrite signs all lit up; now I just have to find a way to display them nicely.

Within the last month or so, I've cleaned out a ton of storage bins and boxes that were taking up (about) half of my room.  I have been working on displaying and organizing where I want to put all of my gear in the room little by little (usually on the weekends when I'm not working).  I know I already posted a thread and pictures of the NP collection I have on display, but I figure I would take some current pictures as I finally assemlbed a WoN display case I got from a local NA members (around 2 months ago... it has been sitting in my garage unassembled until this weekend), plus I got my two kiosks (well, kiosk and a half as my N64 one isn't really a full, complete kiosk).  The first picture is of the display case before it was put together, second picture is when it is put together, and the rest of the pictures are some final results. 

-------------------------
Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Edited: 10/23/2016 at 09:47 PM by 1337bcc1991

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:58:11 PM
TrekMD (13)
(Eugenio ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Looks nice!

Going to the final frontier, gaming....

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:02:53 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
That's gotta feel good to have things more in their place. Diggin' that Zora-themed Link figure!

Haves     |     Wants

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:08:21 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Really liking that room color. It almost feels like a game room in a sub or boat. Looking real nice!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:28:27 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
A flea market vendor had a little platform thing with Link on a ladder [aiming his boomerang] down at a Te[k]tite. There was a [supporting] ledge in the back and a label on the top [in] the front-right corner. It looks just like the Fire Power Mario you have on the second shelf a little bit from the left (next to the spring-loaded Raccoon Mario from the SMB3 Happy Meal). Know anything more about it? Where did these come from? How old are they? Should I go back and make an offer?

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 09:42 AM by CZroe

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:42:14 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Looking nice! Lovin' that Samus standee and the gigantic Samus perler. Surprised it stands up; I'm betting it has some kind of structural support?

I'm always fascinated with how people's collections evolve. I feel like a lot of hardcore collectors go through similar phases and work their way up to kiosks, display cabinets, signage, etc., sometimes in lieu of additional games/consoles, or they consolidate their game collections. Not saying that's the case with you (especially as you're still working, and I'm sure your game collection is huge), but I feel like I've seen more than one person on here go that route; your room as-is, with its focus on the things I mentioned, reminds me of that. I just think it's interesting.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:20:29 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: laddersandcakes

Looking nice! Lovin' that Samus standee and the gigantic Samus perler. Surprised it stands up; I'm betting it has some kind of structural support?

I'm always fascinated with how people's collections evolve. I feel like a lot of hardcore collectors go through similar phases and work their way up to kiosks, display cabinets, signage, etc., sometimes in lieu of additional games/consoles, or they consolidate their game collections. Not saying that's the case with you (especially as you're still working, and I'm sure your game collection is huge), but I feel like I've seen more than one person on here go that route; your room as-is, with its focus on the things I mentioned, reminds me of that. I just think it's interesting.

The Samus is actually made out of wooden blocks that were painted and glued together in a perler-like formation (thanks to a NA member), so that allows it to stand up pretty well.

Also, I enjoy kiosks, signage, figures/statues, and various artistic renders of gaming stuff more than the actual games themselves; in most situations, that is.  I really don't have many games in my collection compared to some of the other collectors on here, but I do have a good amount of game-related items that aren't the actual games.  I defiantly know what you're saying.  I've just always felt like I'd rather invest into having large, interesting things to look at/handle rather than just boxed games that sit on the shelf.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:24:14 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: CZroe

A flea market vendor had a little platform thing with Link on a ladder slashing down at a Tectite. There was a small ledge in the back and a label on the top on the front-right corner. It looks just like the Fire Power Mario you have on the second shelf a little bit from the left. Know anything more about it? Where did these come from? How old are they? Should I go back and make an offer?
I want to say there are 4 figures in the set.  I've seen the Zelda one before and defiantly want it.  I believe there is a DK one, and another that I have no idea what it is.  I believe they are from 1985 or 1986.  I just feel like I read about them a long time ago, but I haven't heard anything since then, so don't quote me on that because my information could defiantly be wrong.  Regardless, I defiantly enjoy the Mario I have, and again, would enjoy getting the Zelda one.  I would defiantly go back and see what was up with it if I were you.  If it was in good shape and you went back and made an offer, I'd pay a finder's fee if you wanted to sell it to me if you didn't really want it in your collection.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:24:57 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

The Samus is actually made out of wooden blocks that were painted and glued together in a perler-like formation (thanks to a NA member), so that allows it to stand up pretty well.

Also, I enjoy kiosks, signage, figures/statues, and various artistic renders of gaming stuff more than the actual games themselves; in most situations, that is.  I really don't have many games in my collection compared to some of the other collectors on here, but I do have a good amount of game-related items that aren't the actual games.  I defiantly know what you're saying.  I've just always felt like I'd rather invest into having large, interesting things to look at/handle rather than just boxed games that sit on the shelf.

Whoa, that's cool. 

I hope it didn't seem like I was saying that sort of collection was weird or anything. I think it's rad as hell. Your room is looking great. I love the type of big objects you're gathering, and they definitely can make a collection really unique. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:27:22 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan

Whoa, that's cool. 

I hope it didn't seem like I was saying that sort of collection was weird or anything. I think it's rad as hell. Your room is looking great. I love the type of big objects you're gathering, and they definitely can make a collection really unique. 

Nah I didn't take it like that at all; even though I do enjoy the oddities, so if anything that would be a compliment to me.  I appreciate the kind words for sure, man!  I'm excited to get the rest of the room ready so I can place the other signs I have along with a few other standees and whatnot.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:33:26 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia

A flea market vendor had a little platform thing with Link on a ladder slashing down at a Tectite. There was a small ledge in the back and a label on the top on the front-right corner. It looks just like the Fire Power Mario you have on the second shelf a little bit from the left. Know anything more about it? Where did these come from? How old are they? Should I go back and make an offer?
I want to say there are 4 figures in the set.  I've seen the Zelda one before and defiantly want it.  I believe there is a DK one, and another that I have no idea what it is.  I believe they are from 1985 or 1986.  I just feel like I read about them a long time ago, but I haven't heard anything since then, so don't quote me on that because my information could defiantly be wrong.  Regardless, I defiantly enjoy the Mario I have, and again, would enjoy getting the Zelda one.  I would defiantly go back and see what was up with it if I were you.  If it was in good shape and you went back and made an offer, I'd pay a finder's fee if you wanted to sell it to me if you didn't really want it in your collection.
Here are pics my brother took earlier today:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EEDtG...

The sticker seems to imply that they were tracking scores for a competition of sorts. Perhaps these were prizes? I don't think Zelda had a score. Not interested in making money off of it. No idea what to offer him. PM me what you would like me to offer and I'll make the offer if he still has it next weekend.

Edited: 10/09/2016 at 09:34 PM by CZroe

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:39:27 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Very nice game room. Your world of Nintendo cabinet looks great, so much cool stuff on display.

Playas Guide Logo

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:55:32 PM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Where did the Toad on the top of the cabinet come from? Can it be a cookie jar?

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:37:16 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Lookin good Brandon!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:54:35 AM
PhearedPhool (75)
< El Ripper >
Oregon

Whoa, that's cool. 

I found this convo hit home for me as well. I love having the ambiance of being back in the day with my cabinets/signs just as much as my favorite games. What I don't like is clutter and games I don't care about. Give me a nice display case and my favorite 10 games over a bunch of clutter and games I will never play any day. (But I didn't start that way!)

Looking for Nintendo signage/cabinets!!!

I have Exertainment Lifecycle 9xs for sale. Looking for NWC/low serial number SNES/NES and authorized repair center items.

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 05:55 AM by PhearedPhool

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:22:54 AM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Lovin' the kiosks! My game room has no kiosks. *sadface*

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:58:14 AM
Milwaukee_Nintendo (17)
(Charles A) < Meka Chicken >
Wisconsin
Brandon awesome! That WON cabinet is sweet, so jealous.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:09:28 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Looks awesome man, loving that cabinet.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:03:55 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Looking great! I always wonder what it will look like to not have everything all boxed up.

What is your seat of choice when gaming, and what does the TV area look like?

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:14:08 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia

https://imgur.com/gallery/EEDtG

The sticker seems to imply that they were tracking scores for a competition of sorts. Perhaps these were prizes? I don't think Zelda had a score. Not interested in making money off of it. No idea what to offer him. PM me what you would like me to offer and I'll make the offer if he still has it next weekend.
Yeah. The flea market vendor didn't have a price on it. He knows us and asked us yesterday if we knew anything about it. I thought it was definitely interesting. The Tektite looks creepy as hell. There's some kind of peg on the bottom, like these lock into a display platform or something. I don't know why there's a "high score" option for...Zelda? Was this part of Nintendo World Championships?

Anyway, Link is being pretty stupid by trying to use a boomerang when HE HAS A SWORD!

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:19:38 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

https://imgur.com/gallery/EEDtG

Yeah. The flea market vendor didn't have a price on it. He knows us and asked us yesterday if we knew anything about it. I thought it was definitely interesting. The Tektite looks creepy as hell. There's some kind of peg on the bottom, like these lock into a display platform or something. I don't know why there's a "high score" option for...Zelda? Was this part of Nintendo World Championships?

Anyway, Link is being pretty stupid by trying to use a boomerang when HE HAS A SWORD!

Appears that the set came out in 1989 and was labled "trophy figure with scorecard". Looks like there are 5 in the Zelda set. 

Also, that figure says "Link Boomerangs a Gohma"

Edit: Boxed one for $40 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-...

I'd offer $10 for the loose one personally. They're pretty rad. 

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 12:21 PM by Silent Hill

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:26:19 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Some neat stuff in Google Image Search for "plastic mario high score"
https://www.google.com/search?q=p...

http://www.smbhq.com/trophy.htm...

"Mario Trophies - With these 1988 Hasbro trohpies, you can show off your high scores in style. A two-sided red stand holds these 24 karat molded plastic(?) statues depicting Mario in a number of interesting situations. Each trophy comes with a score card sticker that goes on the stand, so you can remember your best games. Pictured are "Mario stomps the Goombas" (left) and "Mario hurls a fireball" (right, the fireball has fallen off). Not shown are "Mario kicks a Hammer Bros.", "Bowser Gaurds Princess Toadtool", "Mario runs from Bullet Bill", and "A blooper chases Mario". When I got these a few years ago, they were on clearance for 99 cents each, so they obviously weren't in demand then. They're still a nice little momento, and great birthday party favors (If you can find 'em).
Also: A blooper chases Mario
Mario kicks one of the hammer brothers
"

Those goombas look strange.

http://catfish.it.cx/trsrockin/tr...

"I originally thought these were bookends. Featuring Mario squishing various enemies, and one with Bowser and the Princess. The characters are a bit odd-looking. There are small stickers on the bottom right corner with spots for your name, date, and high score - even though I got these all second-hand, none of these were filled in (though one was missing). Again, I know there were Zelda versions too. I think there were 6 different statues in each set. They're pretty detailed, but it's a pain in the butt to clean the dust out of the little crevices."

[edit]
So many variations...

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 12:28 PM by Ichinisan

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:47:10 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Looking great! I always wonder what it will look like to not have everything all boxed up.

What is your seat of choice when gaming, and what does the TV area look like?
Thanks a lot Beau!  It's a good feeling letting the gear breathe.

As for my TV area, it is not set up yet.  I have my flatscreen for the current gen stuff next to my PC station (on the other side of the room, which is not in the picture), but within a weekend or two I should have my retro TV area set up.  As for seating, I will probably just move my computer chair or recliner to the Trinitron when I am gaming on it.  I might get a bean bag, though... I've seriously always wanted one.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:54:31 AM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
I really want a WoN Cabinet  

Love your setup!

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:01:39 PM
scottmog (32)
(scott haefele) < El Ripper >
California
Nice nintendo power holders   I'm glad they went to someone that would use them instead of me just throwing them into some closet.

Garbage modders: Crayola_the_crayon_king, OGHugo, Drakon