Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2016-2017 Season talkin smack and statin facts

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:31:26 AM
Hellboy (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Leon

Skol. I hope we beat the packers too. Sick of Aaron Rodger's shit. Vikings have a lot of promise this year - I hope you guys can turn it around too.

Your Vikings should be ashamed of themselves for letting me, a Packer fan down by going up 9 to 0 to 3rd quarter in the playoffs only to lose to the sea chickens. That was the one time I cheered for you guys and losing to Sherman's big mouth is the thanks I get?  

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:36:07 AM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

I like the Vikings to go deep in the playoffs this year.
I've always said you were a smart man but nobody believed me.

-------------------------
Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:48:33 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
MIA DOLPHINS #1!!!

...but as long as phannyhill is throwing the ball (and they refuse to run the ball) they won't win.

7-9, the defense will have to be really good to get a better record. it's a suprise any time the phins score more than 20 points.

I hope they prove me wrong.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:04:45 AM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
As long as the Jets stink, I'll be happy.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:56:28 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

Well, at least after this year all the pretend Broncos fans will like another team.

Been a Broncs fan since '84.
So many people have been calling me a front runner this year.

I like the Vikings to go deep in the playoffs this year.

I know what you mean.  They were all we watched growing up in WY.  No one cared about them (in TX) the whole of 2005 through when Manning joined.  Now that he's gone, I'm sure they'll be forgotten again.  But I still hope they continue to kick ass.  

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:57:27 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Huge Packers fan here - excited for the new year. Oh please let Jordy stay healthy he's already tweaked his other knee or something. Trimming Lacy down and getting the Rams RB coach should really make our running game stronger. Rodgers and Jared Cook will be fun too and we got a lot of young bucks all over the field. Cannot let the Viqueens take the division 2 years in a row!  

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:17:40 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: hydroMorphoneMat

My prediction, only two players get arrested for beating their spouse

Ehhh I might have to take the over on that one.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:03:46 PM
Kickmeister (7)
(Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo Jr.) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I've barely been paying attention this offseason. So now that Chip Kelly released or traded away all of the talanted skill position players on the team, were rolling in with a mediocre QB situation, a mediocre RB platoon, and an aging offensive line and one good-ish wideout to speak of. I have no idea if the defense will be any good because I guess we're switching to a 4-3 after the defense we had last year was one of the few bright spots? And maybe Doug Pederson turns out to be a good coach but I have my doubts when the team's plan was "I dunno, since we can't have Andy Reid back let's get that guy who worked for Andy Reid."

At least the rest of the NFC East is still bad.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:37:31 PM
mmxforever (9)
(Dan S) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Huge Steelers fan, but honestly the NFL is hard to watch anymore. Prefer College Football and the NHL anymore.

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:26:17 AM
Generic1 (9)

(Ass Kickerson) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
I've been a huge Peyton Manning fan since he was playing with Marshall Faulk, and Marvin Harrison. This will be my first football season in many years. Where I can warch without passion (minus Peytons injury season). It will be interesting, and kinda sad at the same time.
Not rooting for anybody, just enjoying the league as a whole. Maybe I can find another genuine and humble player to root for. I miss Barry Sanders too. Class act

Just an ordinary game collector

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:34:36 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Kickmeister

I've barely been paying attention this offseason. So now that Chip Kelly released or traded away all of the talanted skill position players on the team, were rolling in with a mediocre QB situation, a mediocre RB platoon, and an aging offensive line and one good-ish wideout to speak of. I have no idea if the defense will be any good because I guess we're switching to a 4-3 after the defense we had last year was one of the few bright spots? And maybe Doug Pederson turns out to be a good coach but I have my doubts when the team's plan was "I dunno, since we can't have Andy Reid back let's get that guy who worked for Andy Reid."

At least the rest of the NFC East is still bad.

I could see a 9-win team making the playoffs out of the NFC East this year...

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:52:47 PM
supergamboy (118)

(Sanford ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Skins fan signing in, cautiously optimistic. Good pieces in place but a tougher schedule. Curious/worried about the defensive line and stopping the run. But I think we've got as good a shot at the NFC as the Cowgirls and the Giants. Eagles.. no way

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:07:20 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: supergamboy

Skins fan signing in, cautiously optimistic. Good pieces in place but a tougher schedule. Curious/worried about the defensive line and stopping the run. But I think we've got as good a shot at the NFC as the Cowgirls and the Giants. Eagles.. no way

The NFC East is definitely up for grabs. It will be interesting to see how Cousins does after teams have a full year of tape on him. Hopefully he can step up and be the QB you guys need him to be.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:08:22 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

Zach Ertz is going for 6,000 yds and 32 TDs this season.

Mark my words

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:12:00 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Originally posted by: Geester

I've been a huge Peyton Manning fan since he was playing with Marshall Faulk, and Marvin Harrison. This will be my first football season in many years. Where I can warch without passion (minus Peytons injury season). It will be interesting, and kinda sad at the same time.
Not rooting for anybody, just enjoying the league as a whole. Maybe I can find another genuine and humble player to root for. I miss Barry Sanders too. Class act

Full disclosure, I am a Cowboys fan.  Someone you may be able to take interest in is Tony Romo.  He's been s*** on his whole career.  He's dragged really horrible teams to decent records.  Even locally he's been s*** on since he's not Staubach or Aikman.  The past 2 years it looks like he's been finally putting it all together although his body may be failing him with all the abuse he's endured on the field.  There's a real f*** you opportunity for him in the next 2 years if everything can fall into place for him...for once in his career.  And that would be f*** you to 70% of Cowboys fans and 90% of everyone else.

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:48:13 AM
Kickmeister (7)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Mark my words
I think we've seen exactly what Ertz is capable of at this point: a sometimes good but utterly inconsistent recieving option with no blocking ability. I don't get why people keep hyping him up (i know you're joking).

And yeah, the Skins went 9-7 last year so I could see something like that happening again.

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:56:06 AM
Kickmeister (7)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

Originally posted by: Geester

Full disclosure, I am a Cowboys fan.  Someone you may be able to take interest in is Tony Romo.  He's been s*** on his whole career.  He's dragged really horrible teams to decent records.  Even locally he's been s*** on since he's not Staubach or Aikman.  The past 2 years it looks like he's been finally putting it all together although his body may be failing him with all the abuse he's endured on the field.  There's a real f*** you opportunity for him in the next 2 years if everything can fall into place for him...for once in his career.  And that would be f*** you to 70% of Cowboys fans and 90% of everyone else.

I like Romo and think the same. He's been given a lot of crap because he isn't Aikman, which is bizarre because Aikman was a slightly above-average passer who succeeded because the rest of the team was absolutely stacked. He's also complete garbage as an announcer and only looks serviceable because Fox pairs him with noted the oatmeal golem Joe Buck.

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:58:48 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Kickmeister

Originally posted by: Br81zad

Mark my words
I think we've seen exactly what Ertz is capable of at this point: a sometimes good but utterly inconsistent recieving option with no blocking ability. I don't get why people keep hyping him up (i know you're joking).

And yeah, the Skins went 9-7 last year so I could see something like that happening again.

lol, absolutely joking. I'd be surprised if the offense (as a whole) put up numbers even close to that.

We have very little talent to work with this year. Thanks, Chip.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:09:47 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Down goes Romo!!!!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:18:43 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
haha Romo is hurt already

SW-6786-5095-2210

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:30:33 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I hope the Browns can play football that is actually watchable this year. RG3 is looking sharp for not playing for so long but it's still only pre season. The team is devoid of talent but the receivers and Barnidge have me cautiously optimistic that the offense wont be completely anemic like last year. As long as we can beat the Steelers or Bengals at least once and get 6 wins, it'll be a step in the right direction. Not holding my breath though. Go Browns!!!

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:36:33 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: winterion

That might be a wise strategy. Perhaps the extra pounds can shield him from all-too-frequent injuries.

It appears that this strategy did not pay off, lol

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:38:41 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
I'm getting a bit worried by all the injuries to the Bears, particularly Kyle Long. I realize there is almost no information being given out about it, so there technically isn't a need to worry, but if Long goes down, the line will be hurting big time.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:08:32 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Down goes Romo!!!!!

He was ready to come back a minute later. This is the preseason so he didnt. Dude tackled him pretty shitty. Not saying its dirty but jumping on his shoulders in a slide is pretty sketchy.

congrats on the seahawks leaving their starters in till mid 3rd vs dallas' fringe defensive roster. Seriously dont understand the value in that. Dallas took out starting line mid second and completely out at halftime. Defense second half are people trying for roster spots out here. Elliot was carving your defense up but was only out there for a couple series.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/26/2016 at 12:12 AM by quest4nes

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:10:12 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: empire

haha Romo is hurt already

Just a scare on a weird fluke hit.  He wanted to come back in a minute later. Hes fine

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48