Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The New Stock Discussion Thread looks like Jonebones thread disappeared

Sep 11 at 9:42:08 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I skimmed the entire transcript this morning and there were some good takeaways from it. The "grand plan" is more so cutting costs and maximizing profit margins above all else. They also doubled down on the core business, focusing on redesigning stores into more of a hangout place instead of diversification. I'm 100% on board with that, I don't want GME selling phones and crap, stick to games and what they know.

The biggest takeaway I got was they are actually using analytics to forecast store closures instead of pure top level numbers. I like that idea alot. When you're profitable all over (and 95% of stores are still net profitable), it's easy to be lazy. When margins start tightening it's easy to close the non-profitable stores. But to be a bit more proactive and look at advanced metrics like two profitable stores with overlapping areas, yet closing one to boost traffic in the other, is good news in my eyes.

All in all, exactly what I'd want from them. Cut costs while waiting around for the next generation, and the end of a generation is when you'd expect the cylical nature of low sales. When next generation hits, especially with already confirmed disk drives and backwards compatibility, revenue will take off again. Cutting costs now will maximize returns then.

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 11 at 9:49:41 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
So it bounced off of $4 this morning ($4.005, actually  ) and back up to $4.25.

Will be interesting to see how people and algorithms process the news and gyrations.
(suspect some algorithms are making good money for somebody with the fairly rapid oscillations)

Sep 17 at 8:32:19 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml...

Down all around and didn't meet its second quarter earnings.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread