Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

(NES) Game Genie Just can't get it to work...

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:37:05 AM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
I've been trying for a couple weeks now to use my Game Genie (Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt in favor of) and it just won't work. The contacts have been cleaned with windex and q-tips. A credit card with paper towel was used to clean the connection between the GG and the NES cart. And even the game (SMB/DH) had the contacts cleaned. I've been to a few various websites and even checked Youtube for advise and nothing has worked thus far. Because when I insert the GG into my NES I just get a solid grey screen. If I reset sometimes the game will load but the GG wont boot up. Other times the screen with change to a different color duing a reset. Any advise on resolving this problem would be really awesome since I've wanted to hack SMB/DH since the day I got it.

-------------------------
WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Edited: 01/21/2015 at 01:38 AM by kamakaze_ekun

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:30:02 PM
Ethan4972 (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Have you tried another game?

my gameboy collection is coming along nicely!

Still looking for a gameboy light and gameboy micro!

Sega reference before I dip. -Fiery Reign at June 11 at 3:12:06 AM

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:53:07 PM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
its possible the game genie isnt any good. ive had a bad one. tried every thing to fix it

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:46:36 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
as a last ditch effort you could always deface the back sticker by unscrewing the 4 screws in the back (making 4 puncture wounds to the sticker) and take a better look at it (clean it thoroughly) ... it wont look as nice ... but it it works ... it might be worth it

They call me big Papa ....