Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2019-2020 Season Thread

Sep 30 at 11:51:41 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: jonebone

And for all the things the Skins do wrong, I'm glad we didn't pay Cousins the $84M. At least that's one move we did right. I always liked Cousins as a person, and he can put up some stats sometimes, but he can never win a big game. Ever. I don't know where he belongs in the realm of 32 starting QBs but definitely not in the top 10 like he's getting paid.
He is garbage!  The fact that the Vikings openly admit that the only way they can win is to run the ball in order to set up the run tells you all you need to know.  There is no excuse for a team to have to go to that kind of length to gameplan around the inability of their $84M man.  They are stuck with him for another year and a half and by then the defense will be too old.  Cousins has single handily slammed shut the Vikings window to win. 

Sep 30 at 11:58:33 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

What?!? Not 3 pages of hot debate over the Cowboys loss? Quest/Americasteam are yall okay?

Patriots got put up against the wall...what not 3 pages of back n forth.

NA must be dying.

You can summon him by looking in the mirror and repeating "Dak" or "Aaron Rodgers" three times

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Sep 30 at 12:25:29 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

What?!? Not 3 pages of hot debate over the Cowboys loss? Quest/Americasteam are yall okay?

NA must be dying.

You can summon him by looking in the mirror and repeating "Dak" or "Aaron Rodgers" three times
Lmao!

Sep 30 at 12:27:50 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: B.A.

And for all the things the Skins do wrong, I'm glad we didn't pay Cousins the $84M. At least that's one move we did right. I always liked Cousins as a person, and he can put up some stats sometimes, but he can never win a big game. Ever. I don't know where he belongs in the realm of 32 starting QBs but definitely not in the top 10 like he's getting paid.
He is garbage!  The fact that the Vikings openly admit that the only way they can win is to run the ball in order to set up the run tells you all you need to know.  There is no excuse for a team to have to go to that kind of length to gameplan around the inability of their $84M man.  They are stuck with him for another year and a half and by then the defense will be too old.  Cousins has single handily slammed shut the Vikings window to win. 

Right!  It's hella sad that even Thielen publicly bashed their offense - that speaks volumes.

As for the Redskins, yes Gruden's days are done - rumors are he will go join up with his bro in Vegas.

As for Burfict getting suspended...good riddance!  That mofo has been one of the dirtiest players I've ever watched.

Sep 30 at 12:49:17 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

I mostly avoid football now but I couldn't resist checking in at the end of the Vikings game to see where they were at. I watched cousins throw like 6 in a row short passes to the middle of the field. All while 2 scores down on a short clock. Vikings gonna Vikings I guess.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 30 at 2:36:37 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Lincoln

I mostly avoid football now but I couldn't resist checking in at the end of the Vikings game to see where they were at. I watched cousins throw like 6 in a row short passes to the middle of the field. All while 2 scores down on a short clock. Vikings gonna Vikings I guess.

I really dont understand why teams continue to dump 20% of their cap on average qbs. They could still have teddy at a discount because he was always hurt and keep grooming rookies behind him. People look at the passing stats of cousins and forget that he was on some bad teams with no choice but to keep chucking the ball all the time. Who cares if he throws 4500 yards if he cant win?

Pats and bills was a bruiser. Bills have a legit D this year. They are nasty of front and have a great secondary. Plus, Buffalo is always a tough place to play. Also, McDermott is probably the most underrated coach in the league. It was a great divisional road win.

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 30 at 2:48:52 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Redskins are a hot mess, but I'm not surprised. I thought we'd at least be a semi competitive 7-9 team but not even that. Gruden needs to go. Not that it is all his fault, but 6 seasons is a LOOOONG time for a Skins coach, especially a non winning one.

Didn't catch any of the Pats game but Brady's numbers were extremely pedestrian at best. Are the Bills actually any good? Thought they were a 3-0 pretender, not contender.

And how about those Bucs, amazing. Knocked me and about half of our eliminator pick league out this week. That's a case of a head coach change made right, always liked Arians and Winston has some talent if they can limit those INTs.

Your eliminator picks this year should be whoever is playing the Dolphins.   That'll work until you get to a week where they play a division team for the second time anyway.

As for the Bills, Josh Allen was looking pretty good, then he got KOed.   Wonder if they could have pulled it out had he played the rest of the game.

Edited: 09/30/2019 at 02:49 PM by captmorgandrinker

Sep 30 at 2:51:47 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

NA must be dying.

Cowboys fans on here run their mouths when their team wins. Not so much when they lose. Probably coming up with how Dak lost the game or how Romo would have throw a better hail mary.

In other news... nothing to report on the Dolphins... they still suck.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Sep 30 at 4:03:37 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

NA must be dying.

Cowboys fans on here run their mouths when their team wins. Not so much when they lose. Probably coming up with how Dak lost the game or how Romo would have throw a better hail mary. In other news... nothing to report on the Dolphins... they still suck.

When do cowboy fans on here run their mouth?

duke, me, americasteam. I cant ever remember a time where dallas fans on here have talked trash. I think you are confusing us with the patriots fans

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 30 at 4:19:02 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Romo would have won last night.

#facts.

Love you Quest.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 30 at 4:33:34 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: quest4nes

NA must be dying.

Cowboys fans on here run their mouths when their team wins. Not so much when they lose. Probably coming up with how Dak lost the game or how Romo would have throw a better hail mary. In other news... nothing to report on the Dolphins... they still suck.

duke, me, americasteam. I cant ever remember a time where dallas fans on here have talked trash. I think you are confusing us with the patriots fans

to be fair, it's easy to run your mouth as a pats fan.😎

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 30 at 6:54:01 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Redskins are a hot mess, but I'm not surprised. I thought we'd at least be a semi competitive 7-9 team but not even that. Gruden needs to go. Not that it is all his fault, but 6 seasons is a LOOOONG time for a Skins coach, especially a non winning one.

Didn't catch any of the Pats game but Brady's numbers were extremely pedestrian at best. Are the Bills actually any good? Thought they were a 3-0 pretender, not contender.

And how about those Bucs, amazing. Knocked me and about half of our eliminator pick league out this week. That's a case of a head coach change made right, always liked Arians and Winston has some talent if they can limit those INTs.

Your eliminator picks this year should be whoever is playing the Dolphins.   That'll work until you get to a week where they play a division team for the second time anyway.

As for the Bills, Josh Allen was looking pretty good, then he got KOed.   Wonder if they could have pulled it out had he played the rest of the game.

I really thought Dolphins at home was a trap game for the Chargers. Granted, I do think the Dolphins are probably a 2 and 14 team at best but I thought the Rams were a safer pick. Clearly not.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 30 at 7:51:48 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: quest4nes

NA must be dying.

So you are alive! More like be obnoxious about winning.  

Oct 02 at 9:32:09 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States

lol Josh Allen was 13-28, with 153 yards, 0 TD, and 3 INT. That’s horrific.

Edited: 10/02/2019 at 09:33 PM by ExplodedHamster

Oct 02 at 9:32:24 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
DP

Edited: 10/02/2019 at 09:33 PM by ExplodedHamster

Oct 02 at 10:39:13 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

lol Josh Allen was 13-28, with 153 yards, 0 TD, and 3 INT. That’s horrific.

That was more why the Bills were 3-0; I admittedly didn't turn on the game until Barkley was in and just assumed he did okay.  

Yikes.

Oct 07 at 9:32:56 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

NA must be dying.
Surprised the NA NFL thread is again so quiet...let me repost this!

Pretty stoked my Pack took down Dak with a sack (or two!).  Really we got lucky on turnovers, but hell any road win is huge let alone in Dallas.

GO PACK GO!

Oct 07 at 9:50:06 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

NA must be dying.

Pretty stoked my Pack took down Dak with a sack (or two!).  Really we got lucky on turnovers, but hell any road win is huge let alone in Dallas.

GO PACK GO!

LOL did you see the bit Stephen A Smith did last week?

Edited: 10/07/2019 at 09:50 AM by Mega Tank

Oct 07 at 9:59:52 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

NA must be dying.

GO PACK GO!

I did not lol I can't imagine what he said.  I think he likes Rodgers though, so hopefully he was trashing Dallas' winning record against crap teams lol.

Oct 07 at 10:17:00 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Eagles win, Cowboys lose, Giants lose, Redskins lose...

It was a good day

Oct 07 at 10:48:06 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

NA must be dying.

GO PACK GO!

I did not lol I can't imagine what he said.  I think he likes Rodgers though, so hopefully he was trashing Dallas' winning record against crap teams lol.

Haven't seen the new bit this week yet.

Oct 07 at 11:21:15 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ That was fantastic thanks for sharing! Stephen A makes a pretty good Cowboy lol, now I wanna watch his take on this last week  .

Oct 07 at 11:55:16 AM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
The Pats are 5-0. No surprise there. Plenty to still be concerned about though. The offensive line is proving to be a liability. The kicker (whoever that may be at the time) will likely cost them a game. The receiving core is both thin and banged up.

Still, they should cruise their way to the AFC championship game at the very worst.

Oct 07 at 12:49:46 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

^ That was fantastic thanks for sharing! Stephen A makes a pretty good Cowboy lol, now I wanna watch his take on this last week  .

Oct 07 at 1:50:34 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Really hoping the Browns can go to SF and get another MNF win this year. Going to be tough with the Browns not really great at stopping the run and plethora of talented RBs on SF. SF has a pretty solid pass defense this year and they had 2 weeks to prep for t this game. I think Cleveland has the better roster but they have to overcome a lot to get a W tonight.

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can