Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

Sep 09 at 11:38:49 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Bronty nailed it.

I wrote an article that talks about a lot of this stuff but condition sensitivity was bound to happen. This weekend wasn't great but there were a couple other factors. Start of football season, the eBay stuff ending on a Saturday night. I mean come on, who ends auctions on a Saturday night?? That's eBay 101 stuff.

Also, market saturation. That's the biggest factor. There's not enough buyers for all the avg stuff. And every day people are adding new stuff. Anyone with 8.0 or higher stickers will be just fine. I have received some crazy offers on my high grade stickers but I think this hobby has a lot more gas left in the tank. Plus I like my games right where they are.

Sep 09 at 11:44:45 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: Buyatari

I dunno guys. Duck Hunt Gyromite and Hogan's Alley all did amazing for the seller if you ask me.

What were those games worth a year ago $100 each tops?
Those prices are significantly lower than private sales of at least DH and Gyro in similar grades.  Significantly.  Yeah, percentage gain from a year ago, insane everyone knows that.  Percentage drop from a month or two ago, pretty high too for people that have been selling and buying these. 

yeah but literally everyone has been saying 4-5k for a POS cib sticker can't last... that's the point.   The levels in yesterday's auction are what I think is more sustainable IMO
Eh I'm not sure if that is even sustainable too and market still hasn't figured out rarity publicly at least.  Like everyone knows DK Math is the rarest BB CIB.  But does everyone know the rarest BB Sticker CIB?  I think if you asked 10 different people for their top 5 or top 3 you'd get a lot of varying responses.

Duck Hunt and Gyro should be some of the most common stickers around since they came in the Deluxe set.  The odds of untapped Mint copies of those being acquired are expoentially higher than any others in the set.  

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 09 at 12:36:39 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Originally posted by: Jim Jimmer

Now the question is how many will cancel their order to grade average/poor cibs at wata??
I don't htink too many will cancel as it would be tacky AF and a waste of someone else's time (just receiving an order and cancelling in your system and shipping it back out and invoicing for the shipping is a lot of time lost!).   I'd never even consider cancelling an order.   I knew what I was sending in.

But you're right, there is more cib in the pipeline no doubt.

WATA is literally months behind on some orders with nearly zero communication. I wouldn't fault anyone for cancelling orders at this point, and I certainly wouldn't characterize the sender as a time-waster. That's coming from a fan of theirs, and I'm planning to submit more orders done the road. You got to see it both ways though.

Sep 09 at 12:55:50 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I see your point although I see turnaround times from grading services as being estimates only and thoroughly subject to change (as was my experience with comic grading in the past ).

More to the point, the context of the discussion was cancelling an order due to a market value drop.

Is there a line at which a submitter just wants his stuff back? Yeah, and everyone's line is different, but anyone taking back their stuff at the 46 day mark because the expected value of their stuff dropped and it's over the advertised 45 days is not being reasonable either.   Wata aren't the first and won't be the last grading co to be way behind.   It is what it is and  if someone needs an ironclad turnaround time then grading items on anything less than a walk through basis may not be for them.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 09/09/2019 at 01:19 PM by Bronty

Sep 09 at 1:24:01 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

I see your point although I see turnaround times from grading services as being estimates only and thoroughly subject to change (as was my experience with comic grading in the past ).

More to the point, the context of the discussion was cancelling an order due to a market value drop.

Is there a line at which a submitter just wants his stuff back? Yeah, and everyone's line is different, but if anyone is taking back their stuff at the 46 day mark because the expected value of their stuff dropped and it's over the advertised 45 days that's not reasonable either. They aren't the first and won't be the last grading co to be way behind.   It is what it is and  if someone needs an ironclad turnaround time grading items on anything less than walk through may not be for them.

It doesn't mean much to me because I'm not one of those guys constantly flipping games. However,  I can see why certain poeple would get upset by those estimates.
An estimate that far off is a problem but it is an easy fix.

Those estimates should be adjusted as the work load adjusts with honest worse case situation estimates. Then no one can complain.
Post that the slow tier will take 8-12 months and people will still send the matrial in.

Sep 09 at 1:34:07 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: Buyatari

I dunno guys. Duck Hunt Gyromite and Hogan's Alley all did amazing for the seller if you ask me.

What were those games worth a year ago $100 each tops?
Those prices are significantly lower than private sales of at least DH and Gyro in similar grades.  Significantly.  Yeah, percentage gain from a year ago, insane everyone knows that.  Percentage drop from a month or two ago, pretty high too for people that have been selling and buying these. 

yeah but literally everyone has been saying 4-5k for a POS cib sticker can't last... that's the point.   The levels in yesterday's auction are what I think is more sustainable IMO

Yeah to say ANY sticker seal CIB is a 5k game couldn't work. These comic guys have money but they are after the iconic titles.

Sep 09 at 1:46:29 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
either top tier title or top tier condition yeah. If its NEITHER of those, there has to be a cap on what something like that can go for.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 09 at 1:49:05 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Is there a line at which a submitter just wants his stuff back? Yeah, and everyone's line is different, but anyone taking back their stuff at the 46 day mark because the expected value of their stuff dropped and it's over the advertised 45 days is not being reasonable either.   Wata aren't the first and won't be the last grading co to be way behind.   It is what it is and  if someone needs an ironclad turnaround time then grading items on anything less than a walk through basis may not be for them.

I totally get the original context was regarding people cancelling their orders as a result of market value drop.  My point was I can't imagine taking such a hard stance against cancellation (regardless of the reason) and "wasting someone's time" when WATA is so far behind on their end of the agreement.

As for justifying late turn-around times by comparing them to comic books and such, that's bananas.  If a company advertises a service and attaches a premium to that service, the expectation is that the terms are met.  To place blame on the customer for being impatient when deadlines are 4x what was expected and paid for is insane IMO.  If deadlines can't come even close to being met, they clearly need to be modified.

It seems crazy to me that you'd support WATA being dramatically behind in terms of deadlines, but get so upset at the idea that someone might cancel an order late and wasting their time.  

Again, I like WATA.  I've sent some stuff in, and am planning on sending in a lot more.  They're good dudes that offer a great service.  When it comes to wasting people's time though, I don't think WATA is the group we should be trying to defend.

Sep 09 at 2:03:29 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

I totally get the original context was regarding people cancelling their orders as a result of market value drop.  My point was I can't imagine taking such a hard stance against cancellation (regardless of the reason) and "wasting someone's time" when WATA is so far behind on their end of the agreement.

As for justifying late turn-around times by comparing them to comic books and such, that's bananas.  If a company advertises a service and attaches a premium to that service, the expectation is that the terms are met.  To place blame on the customer for being impatient when deadlines are 4x what was expected and paid for is insane IMO.  If deadlines can't come even close to being met, they clearly need to be modified.

It seems crazy to me that you'd support WATA being dramatically behind in terms of deadlines, but get so upset at the idea that someone might cancel an order late and wasting their time.  

Again, I like WATA.  I've sent some stuff in, and am planning on sending in a lot more.  They're good dudes that offer a great service.  When it comes to wasting people's time though, I don't think WATA is the group we should be trying to defend.

I support delays now?      That's not what I said.

Go ahead and cancel your order if that's what you want to do, but I've never cancelled an order with any grading co and don't intend to start.   The reason I brought up comics is because I think some people in this hobby that haven't collected other items have an insular view on grading services and don't realize that some of this comes with the territory.   Delays need to be addressed - 100% - but they do happen, particularly early on in the life cycle of this kind of outfit.

Edited: 09/09/2019 at 02:08 PM by Bronty

Sep 09 at 2:09:05 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

I'm in favor of delays now?      That's not what I said.

Go ahead and cancel your order if that's what you want to do, but I've never cancelled an order with any grading co and don't intend to start.  

You said "Wata aren't the first and won't be the last grading co to be way behind.  It is what it is"  Seems like you're cool with missed deadlines.

Never said I was cancelling an order either my man.  Go ahead and keep being a shill though.  Keep pumping while the getting is good.

Edit:  You've revised your post like three times now.  I'm having trouble keeping up.  Seems like you softened your stance with each iteration.  I'll leave mine as is.

Edited: 09/09/2019 at 02:11 PM by BeaglePuss

Sep 09 at 2:14:11 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I have zero respect for what you just wrote. You should be embarassed.

Sep 09 at 2:15:49 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Bwhahahahaha! 

Dude, relax. Seriously.  

Sep 09 at 3:02:03 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Man the Patriots looked good last night...

Sep 09 at 3:36:11 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Man the Patriots looked good last night...
 Lamar Jackson stunned everyone  “not bad for a RB”

Sep 09 at 4:22:46 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Bwhahahahaha! 

Dude, relax. Seriously.  

I didn't appreciate your comments.   They weren't cool.   I don't shill for anybody.    

Sep 09 at 4:34:07 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
And if you can't figure out why that pisses me off, its because to me its effectively the same thing as being called a liar. You have no business talking out of your ass.

Sep 09 at 5:05:33 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Bwhahahahaha! 

Dude, relax. Seriously.  

I didn't appreciate your comments.   They weren't cool.   I don't shill for anybody.    

You didn't appreciate my comments, so I should be embarrassed?  That's where you need to relax bud.  The fact that you didn't appreciate my comment is certainly not something I'd be embarrassed by.  If I were embarrassed by my comments, I could have edited my post to soften my stance.  Sound familiar?

You're welcome to PM me if you want to continue the back and forth.  Out of respect for the thread, I've said enough here.

Sep 09 at 10:55:37 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
I thought the HA auctions ended quite well last night. Maybe I'm missing something. Sunfay nights during football season might also not be the best time to end these...

Edited: 09/09/2019 at 11:00 PM by ExplodedHamster

Sep 09 at 11:00:01 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States

I agree, but I also think higher prices for cib stickers will "stick" around.
The other thing is that these high prices have gotten some long-time collectors to sell, which has temporarily created a “market flood” on some of the harder to find stickers, including SMB mattes. I think you’ll see a number disappear again after a bit more time.

Sep 11 at 6:46:34 PM
Dkaps82 (0)

< Cherub >
I don't think the valuation on stickers has fully evolved yet. Two things need to happen first.

1) People start getting their sticker grades back from Wata and realize what they thought was a 9 is actually a 6.0-7.0
2) A census tracking all the grades for each variant is released, highlighting the rarity of specific titles and grades.

That 9.2 Mario Bros Arcade will be a steal at 7k if it turns out to be one of one gloss sticker Mario Bros with a 9 handle on its label.

Sep 16 at 11:16:59 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Some nice stuff this week 👀👀👀

Sep 16 at 7:14:30 PM
1upped (40)
(A S) < El Ripper >
United States
The Ikari Warriors shows on label to be second printing, and cardboard hangtab, however, it doesn't look to me like a cardboard hangtab copy. That's big in terms of price on this game.

Are you clever enough to unravel the mystery of Clu Clu land?

Sep 16 at 7:19:09 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: 1upped

The Ikari Warriors shows on label to be second printing, and cardboard hangtab, however, it doesn't look to me like a cardboard hangtab copy. That's big in terms of price on this game.
On the listing description it says:

"Note the "Hangtab" notation on the slab is a typographical error, this game does not have a cardboard hangtab."

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 16 at 7:28:17 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Originally posted by: 1upped

On the listing description it says:

"Note the "Hangtab" notation on the slab is a typographical error, this game does not have a cardboard hangtab."

In these instances, is the item corrected prior to be sent out? Or does that onus fall upon the buyer.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Sep 16 at 7:35:56 PM
1upped (40)
(A S) < El Ripper >
United States
Well, it's nice that's what it says in the description, but the description is wrong on the actual label. A label that one could show only the front of which can confuse the number of what is an extreme rarity.....I wish they would fix that......it's a BIG difference in terms of hangtab/non hangtab.

Are you clever enough to unravel the mystery of Clu Clu land?