NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WTB: 5 Carts, either SMB3 or Kings Quest V

LOCKED TOPIC

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:38:44 PM
bigjt_2 (17)
(Yeah, I'm a fat bastard.) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
It doesn't matter how many of each and to be honest I have no idea how much either goes for.  I know I can trust my NA peeps to be honest with my non-collector self, though.  :-)

Yes, they will be used as donors.  Don't bitch about the cosmic implications of destroying fine games for my own disguesting homebrew/repro experiments.  I need those specific board makeups.  If you don't like people using carts as donors for repros, don't sell them to me.

-------------------------
Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

"Tell him you'll break his A button pusher."
                                                  --Otto Hanson
"Unlike the Sega Genesis, which will give you cancer."
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:52:42 PM
P13R4T (154)
(J. Kyle Smith) < El Ripper >
Indiana
pm sent

Yar! Watch me pickup videos & see me Booty!
Last video: NintendoAge Campout 2012

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:56:48 PM
smeagolsama (211)
(Bronner's Army) < El Ripper >
Missouri
John White you might posted up the board you are looking for so I can look at it on nesdump.com and see if there are other donors besides those two. I'm attached to the SMB3 in my trade pile, ie. I dont' want to sell to a freakin developer non-collector like you <3

Edited to add:

Went ahead and did this for you John White.  Looks like you could also use Bo Jacksons and Bill Elliots which are much cheaper and less desirable gams.

http://www.thenesdump.com/Mappers/TSROM.htm

Edited: 04/29/2012 at 01:04 PM by smeagolsama

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:51:51 PM
bigjt_2 (17)
(Yeah, I'm a fat bastard.) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: smeagolsama

Went ahead and did this for you John White.  Looks like you could also use Bo Jacksons and Bill Elliots which are much cheaper and less desirable gams.

http://www.thenesdump.com/Mappers/TSROM.htm
Yooooooou fuck'n collector!  Do I tell you how to position your precious SIGNS and TRINKETS and BOXES so they're exposed to the least amount of sun-fade?!!  :-)

According to bootgod's database, both those games' boards use DIP-28 housing for the PRG-ROM.  Since I've only been able to find re-wiring instructions for 32-pin EEPROMs on MMC3, I don't want to gamble with re-wiring 28 pin instead.  With my shitty soldering skill, it'll be a miracle just to get the socket or ROM chip soldered in there ONCE.  Having something screw up and then having to de-solder/re-wire or de-solder/re-solder would not be pretty.  On the bootgood database, the only two TSROM boards that have the 32pin PRG confirguration are KQ5 and SMB3.  I'm not sure which one's right or wrong, but bootgod hasn't failed me yet.

Also, already got my carts, folks.  Thanks for the kind offers and willingness to help a brotha out.  :-)

Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

"Tell him you'll break his A button pusher."
                                                  --Otto Hanson
"Unlike the Sega Genesis, which will give you cancer."
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Edited: 04/29/2012 at 01:52 PM by bigjt_2