Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

3/13 some really nice 5 screw carts Lincoln finds things and posts about them.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:04:40 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
the local used music/movie/game store (chain) had a half off sale today. they do it once or twice a year. i've been waiting for this.

i went to store #1 and doors opened at 10. never being there for opening of sale day i didn't plan very well. i showed up at 10 and there were probably 75 people lined up on the sidewalk and i figured i blew it, but it turns out not. the good nes games are kept in the glass counter in the corner and some guy had been over there and picked a few out but moved on to get some dvds so i had an opening. i got nearly everything i had on my list with the exception of north & south which the other guy already had. he also got the super mario rpg cart but that wasn't a big deal for me. after i got my pick from the case i rounded out my purchase with the cheaper games from the open racks. my receipt is the long one. 

my wife headed over to store #2 as she was after the malcom in the middle dvd set. i made a list of some nes games i knew they had there to get if she could. some of them were dupes but i had her get them in case i struck out. those games were also behind glass and apparently she just beat the next guy to them. my wife is awesome.

the highest single price ended up $15 for dragon warrior 3. i'm pretty sure the gyromite cart has a converter in it which is pretty awesome for 2.50. i have no use for bb2 for the game boy but I know it's more than $4 and it just sat there in the case taunting me . i'm planning on getting an eprom programmer so home alone is already tagged to be a donor. gemfire, north and south, and maybe a few others in the case had been there since some guy unloaded his collection at the store last summer (a bunch of that stuff is further up the thread). so $140 spent for $330 worth of games and overall i'm happy even with a couple misses.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Edited: 03/24/2013 at 01:50 PM by Lincoln

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:32:12 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
wow, very nice! Mega Man 5's $11.00 bucks each can't go wrong with that. Looks like many harder to find games.

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:38:10 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
awesome finds man. If you're looking to move that Cool World or Last Ninja, I'm your man

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:11:58 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
...and if you are looking to move Clu Clu Land, I got something in the line of cash or a NES or other system game trade if you're feeling it.

Fantastic grab you two made, coordinated strike pulls in the goodies, and very good ones at that.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:45:57 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: burdger

awesome finds man. If you're looking to move that Cool World or Last Ninja, I'm your man

He's a great guy to deal with too. I really got to thank him again for my copy of Earthbound.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:55:39 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Very nice stuff. We don't have any game store chains around here that sell retro except for Play N Trade.

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:46:57 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
more nice scores congrats!

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:43:36 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
thanks guys! nothing for sale right now but i've been watching for an extra cool world as I know i've seen more than the one around here.

Today I picked up an old TV at goodwill. fake woodgrain, f-type coax and forked (atari-style) inputs, with digital channel tuning.

this is awesome and all, but what makes this particular tv so aweome?

that's right, a built in remote control slot on the tv. it's spring loaded so you click it in and then click it in again and it pops out to grab it. anyone else have a tv like this?

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:55:52 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Lincoln

that's right, a built in remote control slot on the tv. it's spring loaded so you click it in and then click it in again and it pops out to grab it. anyone else have a tv like this?

Most intriguing...no more lost remotes that way, in theory.  My laptop (an HP, built in late 2008) actually has a similar mechanism.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:42:01 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Nothing like playing retro video games on a retro tv

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:03:22 AM
Lincoln (138)
California
 so we have a find of a different sort this week - all this stuff is originally mine! 

I visited my parents this weekend and finally brought home all my nintendo stuff that had been sitting in my old closet. these are the systems and games from my childhood, circa 1988 and after.

original NES received for christmas 87 (or 88 maybe, not sure) with cords and one remaining original controller (featuring green overlay sticker from that NP issue)  
nes max
zapper (seperate purchase)
super controller snap-overs with one short knob left
super mario bros CI (from the NES set)
rampage CI 
skate or die CI
tecmo world wrestling CI
ikari warriors II CI
super mario bros 3 CI
tmnt 
tmnt II
smb/duck hunt 
dragon warrior CIB with inserts
addams familly CIB
tecmo super bowl CIB with insert
basewars IB
mach rider CB
tiger-heli CIB
cleaning kit boxed
and the random poster is all I have left of  bart vs the space mutants
game genie complete plus a bunch of update books

there's a bunch of stuff missing. one original controllers walked off in the past few years, long after I expected to misplace something. bummed about that.
basewars 
tetris 
rush n attack
excitebike
super mario bros 2
bart vs the space mutants
duck hunt (standalone)
mach rider (the mach rider pictured is a replacement I bought after I discovered ebay in college)

most of these were traded/lent out growing up and I never got them back. i'm pretty sure i know who has tetris and mach rider, and the tecmo wrestling belongs to him. he's also the biggest waste of oxygen I know but I'd still like to get them back. basewars was traded but i know to whom. i think bart is the same case. i think excitebike and duck hunt were sold at a garage sale, for which i am really kicking myself now. rush n attack and smb2 i have no idea.

tiger heli is the only game listed I did not have growing up, as I bought it new on ebay in college because my dad likes it. I also replaced the 72 pin in the nes at some point, although I think the original part is floating around somewhere. If I ever find it i'm going to clean it up and put it back if it'll work (goddamn game genie).

i have other stuff to post tomorrow.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:04:41 AM
Lincoln (138)
California
quick update: I traded that smooshed sealed smb3 I found further up the thread for this tonight. general consensus was i'd be lucky to get $75 out of that so I'm calling this a good deal for me

(shitty cellphone pic)

May 14, 2011 at 3:44:21 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
Jumped on this on ebay and I'm pretty happy with it.

it's not a $1 super find or anything but the book is there which is what prompted me to buy it. I feel like I cheated a little bit since this is my first copy of Wacky Races and I wasn't really looking for it

It's from a rental place so the cart and book have marker. The book is worn and has stamps on random pages too. The cart has a sticker on the back but overall things are in pretty decent shape.

Edited: 05/14/2011 at 03:45 PM by Lincoln

May 14, 2011 at 4:14:28 PM
Mouser (12)
(Daniel Ripley) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nova Scotia
Nice thread Lincoln, lots of cool stuff, could you get more pics of the sealed SMB 3, h-seam pics too.

May 14, 2011 at 4:22:01 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
Originally posted by: nesticles4u

Nice thread Lincoln, lots of cool stuff, could you get more pics of the sealed SMB 3, h-seam pics too.

thanks, I ended up trading the smb3. see the snow bros post - there's a link to my price check thread for the smb3 with a bunch of pics.

May 29, 2011 at 10:04:51 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
I put a wanted ad on craigslist a few weeks ago and I got my first good hit. A guy contacted me who wanted to sell off his collection. He had been picking up stuff to play for a long time and didn't have time for his stuff anymore. I met with him yesterday and he let me dig through his closet of stuff. I came away with this for $130:

65 nes games, mostly common stuff with some good titles. Play Action Football is factory sealed (yay ) and Adventure of Link is open but looks like it's never been played.
power pad
spare ac adapter for my orphan top loader
atari 2600 games -- I picked out some good stuff, he had at least 100 carts there and I didn't want to deal with all of it
Ms. Pac-Man
HERO (finally!)
Miner 2049er
Spacechase
Atlantis
Artillery Duel (single)
Spike's Peak/Ghost Manor double ender
Chuck Norris Super Kicks/Artillery Duel double ender

He had a ton of stuff I left behind -- several Atari 2600/5200/7800 consoles and games and a bunch of boxes, Master System, Genesis, 32x consoles and games including a Sega CD which I'm eyeing for a project, SNES stuff including a SNES mini, Colecovision and Intellivision stuff, and a bunch of stuff I've never seen in person-- Atari Jaguar and games, 3DO (fz-10 I think) and games, and a Turbografx and games including a Turbografx Express. I'm sure I'll be going back for more but I have no idea what. Does anyone want me to grab anything for them? He seems very reasonable about pricing stuff so I'd be happy to pass saving along to people.

May 30, 2011 at 10:11:46 AM
uiengineer (220)
(jeff .) < King Solomon >
Illinois
what TG16 stuff does he have? I want games and a turbo booster

May 30, 2011 at 10:20:38 AM
hangia (0)
(Chad Smith) < Tourian Tourist >
British Columbia
This is a great idea for a thread Lincoln. Thanks for sharing your finds!

You have given me inspiration to place want ads in my local craigslist and kijiji.

Ps... Those Moon Shoes are bad ass!

May 30, 2011 at 11:13:45 AM
Lincoln (138)
California
Originally posted by: uiengineer

what TG16 stuff does he have? I want games and a turbo booster

I don't recall seeing a turbo booster. I remember seeing Bonk's Adventure but I was preoccupied with other items. I didn't catch any games super rare/valuable among the other systems so I would assume the TG games were of similar caliber.

@hangia thanks!

Jun 26, 2011 at 5:14:50 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
Quick update today. I was down by the pawn shop to day so I swung in and they had some new stock of nes games out.

Edited: 06/26/2011 at 05:16 PM by Lincoln

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:19:57 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Nice find, I'm pretty sure I know the pawn shop you went to. Can't go wrong with 99 cent color dream/wisdom tree games!

Jun 26, 2011 at 7:26:24 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Nice finds Lincoln! I just want to bitch slap every person that I see with price stickers ON the game labels. Do people really not think about what stickers on paper will do when they are removed? I guess this is one of the evils we have to deal with in this hobby. Anyone with OCD like me and probably 95% of us here would know not to do that but oh well. It looks like those are the kind of stickers that come off pretty easily...I hope they are for your sake.

Aug 27, 2011 at 4:07:24 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
Just wanted to show these off. I randomly found Legends 1 in a cl post yesterday. I'm pretty out of the loop on psx stuff but I guess this was a good buy for $5. I stopped at my regular shops on the way home with the mm6's in mind. I know they have been sitting there for a while at $12 each which seems like a great buy the way the loose carts have been going on eBay. While there I looked through the ps stuff to see if they had another legends1. They did not have that one, but had some other mega man games so I made a note to look them up at home. Turns out the mm legends 2 they had stuffed in the rack is a $75 game! I went back to get it today and it cost me all of $10! It's been a while since I had a big find like that and I'm very happy overall. 
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Edited: 08/27/2011 at 04:08 PM by Lincoln

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:19:56 AM
carthuntr21 (12)
(David Bushey) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota
congrats on the scores i guess im not the only one to have a "mega" weekend

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:06:51 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
found Ninja Warriors at a pawn shop a couple weeks ago, $2
found Metal Warriors today at a different place, $15