Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Master chu black cart question How can you tell if black or blue cart from a sealed game ?

Sep 24 at 8:22:02 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Hey guys, need a quick reply here if possible. Summary says it all. Thanks

-------------------------
NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Sep 24 at 10:11:13 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Take it to the hospital and get an MRI

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Sep 25 at 10:57:45 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
I don't recall the specifics, but I believe there was a particular version of Color Dreams/Bunch/Wisdom Tree games which were identifiable by a square/rectangular logo someone on the bottom of the box (front-left, maybe?) which were mostly distributed outside of the US and supposed to be guaranteed to have black carts in them. Beyond those, I'm pretty sure it's a crapshoot.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Sep 25 at 11:52:24 AM
Woobie (20)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: darkchylde28

I don't recall the specifics, but I believe there was a particular version of Color Dreams/Bunch/Wisdom Tree games which were identifiable by a square/rectangular logo someone on the bottom of the box (front-left, maybe?) which were mostly distributed outside of the US and supposed to be guaranteed to have black carts in them. Beyond those, I'm pretty sure it's a crapshoot.

Pretty sure the sticker is "micro-genius". But ya my understanding is basically with a sealed one, if its micro-genius it SHOULD be black cart. Other than that...not sure.

Even then who knows if 100% of the "micro-genius" ones ARE black anyways ?

Sep 25 at 1:24:46 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Yeah its the Micro Genius sticker but my understanding is that even that is not a definitive litmus test for whether it's black or not. There was a couple threads about this over the years I think the best one was started by NA user Penguin?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Sep 27 at 4:03:36 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Krunch

Yeah its the Micro Genius sticker but my understanding is that even that is not a definitive litmus test for whether it's black or not. There was a couple threads about this over the years I think the best one was started by NA user Penguin?

Yeah I feel like if anyone would know it would be Penguin

May the force be with you.

Sep 27 at 10:40:35 PM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: ALTQQ

Take it to the hospital and get an MRI

Whoa, whoa, don't tell me taking a game to get an MRI in Canada is free. I the U.S. you have to call around for MRIs to find out if they are going to charge you $5,000 (like at the hospital) or $125 for one in a sketchy strip mall from the '70s.

Sep 28 at 1:49:02 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Say good bye to the cart if you do I think there's something magnetic inside carts

Sep 28 at 4:43:14 AM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
If the box has a red epilepsy sticker on the top flap, in French, then it is also likely to have a black cartridge inside.

Micro Genius stickered boxes should include a black cart. I've had many pass through my hands, and have opened a couple sealed ones, too -- always a black cart. There was talk of a MG Baby Boomer IIRC that had a blue cart, but I don't know if that was definitive. People also often confuse the non-Micro Genius Euro stickers as Micro Genius stickers (see eBay), whereas the former contain blue carts.

Sep 28 at 1:45:53 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Yeah from my experience a lot of the rarer black variants (Robodemons, Raid 2020, Metal Fighter and Silent Assault) I have only seen from the micro genius boxes from Europe. I opened up a sealed Robodemons and Raid 2020 that I got from a guy in Italy with the micro genius stickers to make sure they had the black cartridges and they were. Interestingly enough they had black and white manuals inside as well. I have not seen a micro genius box that did not have a black cartridge in it. As far as the other games (Baby Boomer, Moon Ranger, Menace Beach, Challenge of the Dragon, Master Chu, King Neptune and a couple others I cant think of, I've seen all of those out of the US without micro genius boxes. Also what speedy says is true too, there are some of the sealed games from europe that have french and other translations but the ones ive opened and seen did not have black cartridge variants.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!