Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Godzilla Wii

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:18:14 PM
740buckeyehunter (0)
(Tricky Dick Nixon) < Little Mac >
Ohio
I spent some time toying with going after more uncommon, or rare Wii Games. I came across Godzilla Unleashed one day, and decided to go after a new copy. Of course I don't have any luck finding anything on Craigslist new in my area, but newly Released games.Copies on Amazon were $134-$223. For Months I checked Ebay, and there were plenty of PAL copies never any NTSC-U/C. Every once in awhile one would post for $150 on Ebay.I made an offer awhile back for $60 on a copy possibly this same one just to be declined. Today it was like a copy literally fell from the sky it was $150 rolled back to $119 with 2 watchers. I submited an offer for $60, and it was accepted. Which most of the time my luck the Seller only wants to trim $5-$10 off a best offer if that. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-...

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:02:05 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
congrats.

-------------------------
Let's Go Penguins!

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:28:08 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Wow. Honestly, I didn't know any Wii titles were commanding these kinds of prices. Wild. Haven't had any reason to shed my ignorance as yet, but now my eyes are open, ha.

Congrats on the score. Can't go wrong with G-zilla.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:14:33 PM
Rocky (11)
(Rocky ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Congrats man! I happened to score Godzilla Unleashed Wii today too for $24 CIB. I was always a fan of the games on Gamecube.

Edited: 08/05/2015 at 10:14 PM by Rocky

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:22:47 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Holy shit those got expensive. I found 3 copies of this game in the actual wild. Anyone, please do not buy into this hype. There's plenty of copies to go around.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:40:48 PM
740buckeyehunter (0)
(Tricky Dick Nixon) < Little Mac >
Ohio
Holy shit those got expensive. I found 3 copies of this game in the actual wild. Anyone, please do not buy into this hype. There's plenty of copies to go around.

---I agree with this if you can find a copy new. In my situation I could not. If people in my area have it new they are not selling, and I have been collecting for Nintendo/ Wii in Particular since launch unintentionally. I did not have any problem finding CIB copies they were in abundance. $24 is a good price CIB. Copies CIB sell pretty steady up to $40 rare occasion up to $50 it was worth it to me to spend the extra to get it new when I could finally get a copy for $60. 

Edited: 08/05/2015 at 10:44 PM by 740buckeyehunter

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:02:50 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Nice grab on a sealed copy (I assume you're keeping it sealed.) 

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Godzilla was a pretty rare game until the recent reprint, now copies are everywhere. It looks like sealed copies are still holding a decent price, so I'd say Honda caught a decent deal.

edit: could, caught whatever

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Edited: 08/06/2015 at 01:22 PM by teh lurv

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:06:28 AM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Nice grab on a sealed copy (I assume you're keeping it sealed.) 

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Godzilla was a pretty rare game until the recent reprint, now copies are everywhere. It looks like sealed copies are still holding a decent price, so I'd say Honda could a decent deal.

Same. I've seen at least 2 copies in the Wild and bought one of them. The game really isn't that rare. Sealed seems to be another beast. I wonder if most of the reprints were new "used" games where they just open the case and sell it as new. Would make sense why there are more opened copies out there, but still about the same number of sealed ones.

Let's Go Penguins!

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:33:11 PM
Otraotaku (31)
(Otra The Otaku) < Lolo Lord >
Indiana
i Had no idea it was commanding this much now...

I remember picking it up for 12.99 for Free as part of one of game-stops B2G1 Sales.
Now im Glad I did, But I always held a special place in my heart for godzilla... And the games are not bad at all... (ehhh...well except maybe the SNES in US) collected Every game in the USA and even obtained the Super Famicom Fighting game (Which is awesome)

Speaking of godzilla games, the weirdest one to this day in my eyes is... GODZILLA on the Gameboy. What were they thinking using that Badass Cover art on a Cutsie SD Arcade type game??? Damn you Macho Complex 80's America... Damn you!

Looking for "Cart Only" BOUNTYS! Please feel free to PM with offers & add+ Shipping!
Pocky & Rocky 2 $200,  Pocky Rocky 1 $75, Bronkie The Bronchiasaurus $125, Space MegaForce $125, Super Turrican 2 $100, Zero: Kamakazi Squirrel $115

Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Want List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:31:26 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

Same. I've seen at least 2 copies in the Wild and bought one of them. The game really isn't that rare. Sealed seems to be another beast. I wonder if most of the reprints were new "used" games where they just open the case and sell it as new. Would make sense why there are more opened copies out there, but still about the same number of sealed ones.

My impression is this is a "used" reprint by Gamestop. Sealed prices have taken a hit, but nowhere near as bad as Calling which got a full reprint. Sealed prices for Calling plummeted from over $100 to $20 overnight.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Edited: 08/06/2015 at 01:31 PM by teh lurv