Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

**SOLD** N64 Aidyn Chronicles GREY cart? Does anyone else have the grey cart?

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:18:13 AM
SpendTooMuchOnAtari (22)
(Jeremy Nash) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona

EDIT: THIS ONE HAS BEEN SOLD!

Hi, I was just wondering how uncommon the Grey cart version of Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage is?  I have only ever seen it in the black cart but I don't know.  So, I'm asking you guys and gals.  I have a picture of the actual cart I have.

Is this variation worth anymore if it is more uncommon?  How many 64 collector's have this variation?

Since I'm in the price check section, I guess I could ask the price you'd pay, LOL.  I wouldn't mind letting it go.  It has been cleaned and personally tested to work perfectly.  Cosmetically, it's in nice shape with a complete label on both the front and back...quite clean looking.  I may throw it on ebay and see if nobody is interested here and I should post it in the marketplace so it's in the proper section to sell.

Edited: 10/09/2011 at 03:29 PM by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:13:21 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
First, N64 variant collectors are few and far between, so I've never noticed a difference in price between cart or box variations.

Second, the game you have is PAL, that's why the color is different.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIDYN-CHRONIC...

Another example I can think of would be ECW Revolution. Black in the states, gray international.

Sorry to burst the bubble!

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 03/23/2011 at 08:13 AM by jonebone

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:33:53 AM
SpendTooMuchOnAtari (22)
Arizona

Sorry but it's not PAL, I have seen the PAL cart and they do not use the T for Teen on the labels. No bubble burst.

This game is USA, NTSC and has been fully tested on a NTSC system and TV.  Plus, like I said, the label is totally different on the PAL version.  Just look at the link you provided.

Edited: 03/23/2011 at 09:34 AM by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:51:30 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
This better then?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/N64-Nintendo-N...

I don't know what to make of it, seems oddball enough. But still, it's a low demand game and there aren't many variant collectors on the N64. Lots of times a game should be worth more in theory, but it doesn't translate into good sales.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:31:39 PM
elios_kenni (45)
(Elios Kenni) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I got this game at a fleamarket for 2.50 and it's the grey cart version.

Blessed by Water Spirit. Armed in Light. Darkness fears a Shining Knight.

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:13:56 PM
SpendTooMuchOnAtari (22)
Arizona
Originally posted by: elios_kenni

I got this game at a fleamarket for 2.50 and it's the grey cart version.

Do you think it's PAL?  Would a PAL game work on a USA NTSC system that has no upgrades or hacks?  Also, on the back label of the cart, in the upper right corner, would the model number thing be as follows if it were PAL?

NUS-USA/CAN-1

Why are you so convinced that the cart is PAL?  Are you that confident that Nintendo never released a grey cart version of this game in the US (NTSC)?  I mean, I know I could be wrong and it is PAL but I don't know why it would have the same info on the back label of the cart about being USA/CAN in addition to it playing fine on my regular USA system and TV.

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:30:54 PM
SpendTooMuchOnAtari (22)
Arizona
Originally posted by: jonebone

This better then?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/N64-Nintendo-N-64-Aidyn-Chronicles-Gray-C...

I don't know what to make of it, seems oddball enough. But still, it's a low demand game and there aren't many variant collectors on the N64. Lots of times a game should be worth more in theory, but it doesn't translate into good sales.

Nah man, that's not better at all.  You just linked to a NTSC cart that just happens to be posted for sale by someone in a different country.  The seller even has the product details as being NTSC if you look at the auction you linked to.  I do agree that the first link you had was to a PAL Aidyn game but not this one.  I am going to take a scan of the front and back of the cart to show it better.  If it were a PAL game, why does the front of the cartridge state the following on the FRONT label?  I am quoting and you will probably be able to see this better in a scan instead of the picture I took in the original post.

" Model# NUS-006 (USA) "

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:00:14 PM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Can't help ya with a price. It is definitely NTSC and US. It's got the ESRB on it to so it obvious. The game is pretty much crap though and doesn't command much. I don't know if the variant carries any premium or not.

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:37:06 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
I've got a Hydro Thunder grey. It's not rare but is a lot less common than the blue cart.

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:37:16 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I've got the gray variant of the usually blue Hydro Thunder for N64 and when I had been researching a fair price color didn't matter on that one either. I've seen both of Aidyn as well so maybe it's the same thing as few people are rabid let alone really care when it comes to it vs say NES variants.

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:59:57 PM
SpendTooMuchOnAtari (22)
Arizona
Well, at least I feel better that most of you agree that it's NTSC. That jonebone character had me all confused and second guessing myself. Fortunately, I believe they are the confused one. Regardless of any added value or not, I'm just happy I picked it up at $2.99. It's just neat to have a less common variation. I checked ebay currently and completed, didn't even see one. So, if it's not of any value, it fits very nicely with my current N64 collection. Thanks you guys!

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:21:22 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Apparently my second post went way over your head, by saying "seems oddball enough", I was agreeing that it is NTSC and it probably an undocumented variant.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:18:53 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I'm glad I got the rarer gray Hydro Thunder too like you are with that one as it matches the rest of my set. I saw pretty bad ratings on that particular game, worse than Quest64 which if you don't mind mostly just clubbing people to death instead of spells can actually be quite fun.

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:28:18 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I've seen these before. In terms of rarity, there seems to be about 10-15 black carts for every gray. Still, not worth much. $5-$8.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:17:44 AM
SpendTooMuchOnAtari (22)
Arizona
I sold this one for $20 shipped, not too bad!

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:27:18 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
I'd post this in the good BIN section but I don't want a reseller to grab it. Hopefully one of your N64 cart collectors will see this bump:

Gray cart $10 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aidyn-Chr...

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:05:40 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Hmm... NP4ever (who has been banned from here) wound up buying the N64 Grey cart about 3 minutes after I posted that link. Is he still able to view the forums while being banned? Seems like a heck of a coincidence, especially for someone who doesn't follow N64.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:44:54 AM
War Pig (185)
(Hellooooooooooooooo Midwest. Oh how I've missed u) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Originally posted by: jonebone

Hmm... NP4ever (who has been banned from here) wound up buying the N64 Grey cart about 3 minutes after I posted that link. Is he still able to view the forums while being banned? Seems like a heck of a coincidence, especially for someone who doesn't follow N64.

I think you can still see everything....

-Eric

Edited: 01/23/2012 at 09:45 AM by War Pig