Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Gamers' Block"

May 5, 2012 at 10:21:52 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Have you ever had the feeling where you want to play a game and when you go to play it, you just... don't want to anymore? So you go to play another game, and it seems like it'd be fun to play, but when you get ready to play it, you're just not into it anymore? 

I'm going through that right now. It's not that I don't WANT to play, I played Power Stone (Dreamcast) a decent bit earlier. I've been wanting to play some Nintendo, as I haven't for about three days, but I just don't get around to it. It's not that I don't want to play, but when I do play, I just get this "ehhhh" feeling.

Maybe I'm just tired. *shrug* Are anyone else's gaming tendencies dictated by being tired? I don't mean sleepy tired, but mentally or physically. I think finals really burned me out!

May 5, 2012 at 10:23:34 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
I get that a lot! haha

-------------------------

May 5, 2012 at 10:27:59 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I get that almost every day. I finally get time to sit down and play a game and about 5 minutes into it I am looking for something else to play. Maybe I am getting old but a lot of games I enjoyed many years ago just "don't do" it for me...

May 5, 2012 at 10:31:58 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
Tennessee
Funny you say that. With me, sometimes I get into playing a game and after either I die for the first time or after about five minutes or so, it's like I get a roadblock that I have to fight through in order to keep enjoying it. Once I get over that hump, I'm good for about an hour or so; sometimes it's just breaking through this weird psychological barrier. Sometimes that won't happen to me for months, other times it happens every day.

Edited: 05/05/2012 at 10:32 PM by Nightowljrm

May 5, 2012 at 10:41:09 PM
videogamehunter (56)
(Tyler Bartsch) < Ridley Wrangler >
Kentucky
Yeah this happens to me once in a awhile. Like when I want to play 360 and set up the game and everything. I put the controller down and do something else.

My videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/hotanime32   

New Video - Why You Should Get A Retron 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p...

My Drawings - http://videogamehunter.deviantart.com/

May 5, 2012 at 10:47:47 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I get something a bit similar. I want to play a game, but I never get past trying to choose one. I stare at the wall for hours and maybe pick one out, but usually end up playing nothing. If I have the urge to play something specific though, I just grab it and go.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

May 5, 2012 at 10:59:59 PM
mcat999 (35)
< Kraid Killer >
Florida
Glad to hear Im not alone, this kind of thing happens to me sometimes too, usually itll be for like weeks at a time though I will will just go through a phase and not play anything.

http://http://www.twitch.tv/jumanjicastle/ - Playing classic games in high quality RGB Scart and Component

May 5, 2012 at 11:03:36 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Happens to me all the time. I get a huge craving to play something n start playing n shut it right back off.

May 5, 2012 at 11:10:54 PM
sheikah (58)
(Herb Dorr) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
I tend to get this alot on work days. I'll come home from work, get on the computer, turn on my tv, put a game in the console then end up not playing it and dicking around on the internet instead. I don't know why I don't actually turn the game on. It's weird lol.

George Costanza Sex Bonanza

Edited: 05/05/2012 at 11:11 PM by sheikah

May 5, 2012 at 11:23:00 PM
onemeanspleen (83)
(collin ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I usually keep one RPG going so I can just turn that on and grind some levels whenever I cant decide on something else to play.

May 5, 2012 at 11:27:39 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
Happens often...

May 6, 2012 at 12:53:08 AM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
I get this alot ... but its cause I think of playing all day while taking care of my kids ... by the time they finally go to bed, Im so exhausted that I want to just go to sleep and hope that the next day they pass out earlier!

May 6, 2012 at 1:37:49 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Man I get this too. My cousin gets on his 360 and goes "wanna play" and I just go... "Naaaaaaa...."

Usually, the newer game consoles aren't grabbing or holding my attention like the old ones (I haven't heard any hype on the PS Vita or anything that interested me, so therefore, I never wanted one). So if there's nothing out there I wanna play, I won't play it, and revising old games just doesn't cut it. I just got to be in the mood.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

May 6, 2012 at 2:23:25 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
I never get that. I pretty much play some incarnation of Street Fighter for a few matches if nothing else but usually fire up a shmup to dick around with for awhile. The only time I really procrastinate is when I'm drinking and I plan on playing something, in that event I get sidetracked with something on the computer or TV.

May 6, 2012 at 2:41:04 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
I get this with games, but I have it much worse with my movie collection. At least with those, run time helps some with decision making. Still, I definitely spend more time looking and giving up than actually finding one to play.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

May 6, 2012 at 2:43:28 AM
Polonius (17)
(Pete B) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Yeah, I get that all the time. Seems like I prefer reading about them and listening to their music more than actually playing them. But then, there's other things to do in life, too - so it kinda works out in the end. It goes in phases for me - sometimes I don't play much, sometimes I'm rather into it.

May 6, 2012 at 2:51:55 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Polonius

Yeah, I get that all the time. Seems like I prefer reading about them and listening to their music more than actually playing them. But then, there's other things to do in life, too - so it kinda works out in the end. It goes in phases for me - sometimes I don't play much, sometimes I'm rather into it.
Yeah, I enjoy reading and watching documentaries and such about games. I spent a crazy amount of time reading up on and watching retrospectives of Street Fighter and Fatal Fury. It's kinda crazy how much story and history is really there for some of these games. Not to mention, King of Fighters alone has a cast of hundreds of characters, there's alot to read up on really.

In any case, I'm just fascinated about a great many aspects of the hobby. Even when I don't play them, I enjoy them.

May 6, 2012 at 3:42:57 AM
RetroNESNerd (77)
(Justin S) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
I have been having this problem as of late. It seems when I finally find time I just want to kick back and BS with friends.

May 6, 2012 at 11:09:16 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Happened a lot to me when I had a collection in the size of around 2000 games and a dozen or so systems and handhelds of all sorts. You get this feeling and want to do it but then something distracts you and it doesnt happen. But since then I still have it with just a few hundred games because I never learn my lesson to not do more than one or two games at the same time do I jump around enough then forget or want but cant motivate to do it and it sucks. Good days in a game hunt around causes this phenomena a bit more than I'd like to admit.

May 6, 2012 at 4:44:52 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
I get that from time to time. Sometimes I'll go in thinking I'll play Ninja Gaiden and I'll end up playing Tetris for an hour while other times I'll just watch King of Kong.

Not meaning to derail thread but man they need to put Chasing Ghosts on DVD or Blu Ray

May 6, 2012 at 9:29:29 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
Tennessee
Looks like my six-day "Gamers' Block" is over. I'm kinda glad, too. Playing a game for random ten-minute sessions during a waking 16-hour-or-so period is very unlike me. I've been hooked on a new game of Dragon Warrior for about two and a half hours now.

Edited: 05/06/2012 at 09:30 PM by Nightowljrm

May 7, 2012 at 2:23:14 AM
Steve (12)
(Steve RVG) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Not really. Usually when I pick out my next game to play, I'm excited to play it (at least until I find out it either A. Sucks or B. Impossibly difficult). I also don't have too much trouble deciding which game to play next. I usually have a decent inkling as to what I'd like to play when I'm roughly 90% through whatever current game I'm playing. Sometimes it might come down to 3-4 titles but it's not a struggle to pick one relatively quickly.

Yeah, Finals can make it tough. When you're not feeling it, you're just not feeling it. I always try not to force myself into ever playing a game. Odds are I won't enjoy the experience. I wait until the urge strikes.

RVGFANATIC | SNES reviews and remembrances

RELIVE | REPLAY | REMEMBER

May 7, 2012 at 2:40:02 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
All the time!

May 7, 2012 at 7:41:18 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
It happens to me here and there. There are times I switch between 5 or 6 different games within an hour then just give up. :S

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

May 7, 2012 at 7:49:53 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
That's pretty much what keeps me from playing RPGs. As soon as I get bored and start playing something else, I just never get around to playing it again.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee