Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

complete Nintendo Power set also NP mag display holders

Aug 16, 2018 at 10:52:37 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Trying to put a value on everything in my collection, and one section really has me stumped... what do you guys think the value of a complete NP set is?

I worked hard on this set and upgraded condition many times on many issues.  I believe all of them have posters/inserts, though there could be a few without (I really believe they all are present... I have to check).  Most are in excellent condition.  There are two of the #1, and two of the final (one of the final ones is sealed).  I have quite a few dupes that have the "property of NMI - do not sell/distribute" tags on them.  I didn't really go after variants but I have a couple sprinkled in there.

Also, what would the value of the NP cardboard and other material mag holders that NP/Super Power Club offered?  I have:
5x plain white ones
2x clear (with the nuclear picture weaved in with the NP logo)
6x black
5x yellow
7x purple
4x red

4x black tray holders... can fit 5 of the regular holders inside of one.

I have a ton of extra NP stuff, full FCN set with welcome pack, and more... I think I can price that stuff myself, but might come back for that as well... for now, just the complete set and the holders for PC... thanks.

-------------------------
Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Edited: 08/16/2018 at 10:54 PM by 1337bcc1991

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:52:10 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Worth like $20 😏but out of the kindness of my heart I'd give you $25 for it. 😆

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:19:46 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Not trying to bump for the sake of bumping, but I want this set so badly. I just don't have the shelf space so I'm going to have to wait. I, too, have been wondering for a while what a complete set in generally good condition with all posters in tact would go for.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:50:59 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: rlh

Not trying to bump for the sake of bumping, but I want this set so badly. I just don't have the shelf space so I'm going to have to wait. I, too, have been wondering for a while what a complete set in generally good condition with all posters in tact would go for.

That's why I bumped it. I truly want to know the value. I've been looking at bulk sales on eBay and they never sell...

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:31:24 PM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
I can help you out with this! So locally I befriended a fellow retro nerd like me and he had a full set. Doesn't take up the shelf space you might think... anyway I was blown away by how cool it was and frankly i think collectors that don't have it have a piece missing. Such a huge part of gaming history. Anyway I did the same as you, this set is F'NG impossible to complete. I had to buy lots locally and sift through doubles triples etc... but you never find em all locally. And of course on ebay you have asshats charging like $20 for an irrelevant issue... but as many know when your chasing a set sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. The thing about these sets is they had soooo many inserts that a curated on like you describe is top dollar. It took me 3 years to complete my set. Normally id say somebody buying say a collection of assorted games should get a discount. but a complete NP set... I dont know man.... its worth more together and hard to do. especially because you cant really ship a set so locally finding someone that has one and is ready to sell..... jackpot. So the way I see it is this....

Cost me about 650 to complete... that's with some crazy deals and reselling my doubles etc... I have heard several times $1500 being a sets value from various buyers sellers in this specific market. thats canadian dollars btw. I figure at $5 and issue... 1425... if you have a mint issue #1 and 285 (sealed) like i do. So i'd say for americans 1000-1300 range... depending how desperate you are to sell... though i have to admit... collecting it may have been the best part, and discovering all the cool shit included in the issues

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:13:10 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
I was gonna ballpark it at 5-600. Unfortunately your time put in isn't worth anything to other people.

That's just for the NP issues. My basis for this is I won 1-67, most complete and in great condition with posters etc., for $220. Now this was 3 or 4 years ago. And you can certainly post what you have with a higher BIN and somebody will probably bite eventually. But for example I don't give a red shit about Pokemon or 3D Marios, and that's a lot of content in later issues. Lots of people like those games, maybe they don't care about NES/Super Nintendo eras.
Maybe I just got lucky. But that's the data point that I have. I just took a quick cruise through completed/sold auction lots, and I think what can be seen there is in agreement. #130-139 (3 Pokemon covers), $3.25. (Although I don't believe that really cost $26 to ship.) 59 issues between #8 and #75, $171.50. #71-75, $20 (starting price). Lot of 7 including #285, plus a special and 7 Lego books, $10.50.

Fun Club News is another 5-600, easy. Every time #1 comes up for auction that I have seen, it tops 300 (without the welcome pack), and #2 tops 200. #3 is about $30 and #6-7 are just common as dirt.

The holders I don't have much to say, except the plain white ones... No branding at all? About 50 cents. If there's any kind of medium/large logo or graphic on the side then I would guess $5 each or more.

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:37:35 AM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Any other insight?

Want thread:
Sale thread: