Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread V2 The Switch Goodness Continues....

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:48:32 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: quest4nes

FYI these two have released; I have the LE on my shelf right now.

003. Shikhondo: Soul Eater
003. Shikhondo: Soul Eater - Limited Edition

Gloves' wallet knows no bounds.

Lol it wasn't that expensive.

Your collection man.....your collection. You have like 200 switch games and LEs. At even an average of 40 a pop factoring in the cheaper titles thats like 8 grand in switch games in 2 years. Not counting pro controllers and extras. I repeat ; Your switch wallet knows no bounds

You're thinking of someone else man. I have 32 Switch games.

lol your right. thinking of d-funk

both have santa avatars. except his is a cat.

I think i confuse you to because you are both often on discord and both have a crazy amount of time to play games.

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 12/31/2018 at 03:51 PM by quest4nes

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:56:03 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

FYI these two have released; I have the LE on my shelf right now.

003. Shikhondo: Soul Eater
003. Shikhondo: Soul Eater - Limited Edition

Gloves' wallet knows no bounds.

Lol it wasn't that expensive.

Your collection man.....your collection. You have like 200 switch games and LEs. At even an average of 40 a pop factoring in the cheaper titles thats like 8 grand in switch games in 2 years. Not counting pro controllers and extras. I repeat ; Your switch wallet knows no bounds

You're thinking of someone else man. I have 32 Switch games.

lol your right. thinking of d-funk

both have santa avatars. except his is a cat.

I think i confuse you to because you are both often on discord and both have a crazy amount of time to play games.

We're very similar at a glance, I can't blame you.

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:06:34 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Can you guys double check my upcoming list? I think its pretty comprehensive but I could be missing something store exclusive wise.
type="text/css"> > http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml...">
Fitness Boxing   1/4/2019
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition   1/11/2019
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   1/11/2019
Travis Strikes Again-No More Heroes   1/18/2019
RICO   1/29/2019
Deemo: The Last Recital   1/29/2019
V-Rally 4   2/5/19
My Little Riding Champion   2/5/2019
Monster Energy Supercross-The Official Videogame 2   2/8/2019
The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince   2/12/2019
Dragons Dawn of the New Riders   2/15/2019
Steins; Gate Elite   2/19/2019
Fate/Extella Link   2/19/2019
RemiLore:Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore   2/26/2019
Opus Collection: The Day We Found Earth + Rocket of Whispers   2/26/2019
RPG Maker   2/26/2019
Trials Rising Gold Edition   2/28/2019
Bomber Crew Complete Editiom   3/12/2019
Caligula Effect: Overdose   3/12/2019
Truberbrook   3/19/2019
Steven Universe Save the Light & OK K.O.! Lets Play Heroes Combo
  3/19/2019
American Ninja Warrior   3/19/2019
WILL: A Wonderful World   3/26/2019
The LEGO Movie 2   3/26/2019
Xenon Racer   3/26/2019
Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World   3/26/2019
Air Conflicts Double Pack   3/26/2019
The Princess Guide   3/29/2019
PixARK   3/31/2019
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove   4/9/2019
Neo Atlas 1469   4/9/2019
Crystal Crisis   4/23/2019
Mortal Kombat 11   4/23/2019
Team Sonic Racing   5/21/2019
Lapis x Labyrinth Limited Edition XL   5/28/2019
N.E.R.O Nothing Ever Remains Obscure   5/28/2019
Atelier Lulua Scion Arland   5/31/2019
Super Neptunia RPG   6/30/2019
Psyvariar Delta   12/31/19

Edited: 12/31/2018 at 04:07 PM by leatherrebel5150

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:37:25 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
your list is missing the good games

in all seriousness, can nintendo release a new first party title thats interesting and fun for me? Smash is fun, and Ill play that but Wii U had a lot more for me in each big title starting in year 2/3. Year 3 better be better than year 2

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 12/31/2018 at 04:40 PM by quest4nes

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:47:08 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Year 2 was year U. 30% of the Wii U physical library is available on the Switch. Personally I think Smash Ultimate is leauges above smash 4. Super Mario party is fire and Pokemon LG was a nice side game for the franchise. Overall the late year releases we're up to standard. Even exceeded the expectation a little.

Jan 01 at 12:26:13 AM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition is back in stock online at Costco... for full price.

https://www.costco.com/Nintendo-S...

Jan 01 at 9:19:49 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
I don't know how someone could have possibly been satisfied with the Wii U, but who is now dissatisfied with the Switch. That seems so very backwards in my eyes lol.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Jan 01 at 10:09:00 AM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Limited Run's annual backstock sale just went live. In addition to pre-ordering Celeste and Windjammers, I picked up Flinthook and Oceanhorn, which I missed the first time around, plus a Switch blind box for good measure. I'll sell or trade the blind box contents if I wind up with a duplicate or something I already have. A few of the backstock games are still available, although Thimbleweed Park, Flinthook, and Oceanhorn seem to be already sold out.

Jan 01 at 2:18:48 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Quaze no doubt, that's about as backwards as you can get. Perhaps he's from bizarro world so everything wrong is right because that's the only way I can see that kind of thinking being made right. The WiiU was terrible and doomed before it even came out and much of anything it had of good gaming value is now already on Switch or another format. I'm thinking like Pikmin 3 may be the last hold out of value left really. The whole wii family was never a favorite of mine but the U was awful, yet I did get a Switch and I have no regrets there and I can experience those games saddled to the WiiU without having to buy such an awful piece of hardware to do it.

LRG already is cleared out of anything backstock for Nintendo which is a shame.

Jan 01 at 5:06:09 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
did anyone get an extra mario party switch bundle with joycons, i dont know why i didnt preorder this. I thought it would be more available.

in canada I think it was ebgames only, which means every store probably only got as many as were pre ordered since eb doesnt like stock

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 05:08 PM by alekx

Jan 01 at 5:17:30 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Quaze

I don't know how someone could have possibly been satisfied with the Wii U, but who is now dissatisfied with the Switch. That seems so very backwards in my eyes lol.

The Wii U First party year 2/3 were exactly the releases that peaked my interest and made a great console. I buy nintendo for first party quality titles. Year 1 Mario Odyssey. Year 2, well smash is fun, not my favorite, but solid. I dont really care much for mario party. The rest are pretty much wii u ports. First party on switch has left a lot to be desired. I said Im hoping switch gets alot better year 3. Pretty much mario odyssey is the only game I wanted immediately so far in 2 years. On wii u we were getting all these good first party titles everyone is loving on the switch. Wii U first party wise was excellent on nintendo until the announced the switch and stopped production and took all the new wii u games about to come out and pushed them back for switch releases. Im not saying the switch is bad or anything. Just first party nintendo wise I still think the wii u was better at this point in time.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 05:20 PM by quest4nes

Jan 01 at 5:21:09 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: VmprHntrD

Quaze no doubt, that's about as backwards as you can get. Perhaps he's from bizarro world so everything wrong is right because that's the only way I can see that kind of thinking being made right. The WiiU was terrible and doomed before it even came out and much of anything it had of good gaming value is now already on Switch or another format. I'm thinking like Pikmin 3 may be the last hold out of value left really. The whole wii family was never a favorite of mine but the U was awful, yet I did get a Switch and I have no regrets there and I can experience those games saddled to the WiiU without having to buy such an awful piece of hardware to do it.

LRG already is cleared out of anything backstock for Nintendo which is a shame.

you didnt read or missed the point of the comment. To call the wii u an awful piece of hardware but the switch as some amazing piece of hardware is laughable. Its just about the same thing. The switch is just the wii u fully realized. I miss that second screen on some games though. It made some games better. Probalby the reason mario maker still isnt announced for the switch. The one game I want besides a new DKC with kremlings. The tablet controller button wise was better than the switch imo. Pro controllers are practically the same.

No one was saying the wii u is better right now overall. I said FIRST PARTY.  Im glad you can play your favorite wii u titles. But to say the system is garbage but then praise the same games on the switch sounds pretty bandwagony. Switch so far first party title wise for wii u owners leaves alot to be desired. If this ends up being lame and they just release  that pokemon game and fire emblem Im going to be dissapointed. Luigis Mansion 3 sounds nice but not a day 1 excitement buy for me. That yoshi game looks interesting. Ill probably get that day 1 if they ever release it. But Im not aware of any other known titles. Metroid prime 4 probably isnt coming out this year. I should probably play the other ones first. I like 2D metroid games. So thats not day 1 excitement really either for me.

Give me a Mario Kart 9, New Mario Bros Title, Mario Galaxy 3, Mario Maker, DKC Game to complete the trilogy. Any of those and Id be pretty excited. So far right now the only known title I really want coming out is that Yoshi Craft World. Instead so far we get mario U Deluxe. Wooooopie another port thats been out 6-7 years.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 05:33 PM by quest4nes

Jan 01 at 5:38:32 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon

The Wii U First party year 2/3 were exactly the releases that peaked my interest and made a great console. I buy nintendo for first party quality titles. Year 1 Mario Odyssey. Year 2, well smash is fun, not my favorite, but solid. I dont really care much for mario party. The rest are pretty much wii u ports. First party on switch has left a lot to be desired. I said Im hoping switch gets alot better year 3. Pretty much mario odyssey is the only game I wanted immediately so far in 2 years. On wii u we were getting all these good first party titles everyone is loving on the switch. Wii U first party wise was excellent on nintendo until the announced the switch and stopped production and took all the new wii u games about to come out and pushed them back for switch releases. Im not saying the switch is bad or anything. Just first party nintendo wise I still think the wii u was better at this point in time.

I loved the Wii U as well but i like the Switch more and have thoroughly enjoyed the line up of games so far.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 01 at 5:40:28 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: D~Funk

I loved the Wii U as well but i like the Switch more and have thoroughly enjoyed the line up of games so far. 

everyone can tell. you have like a 10 thousand dollar switch collection. First party wise though its the Wii U with mario oddysey so far. There is a reason I only have 9 switch games lol. Out of those Im looking at 2 games that are new first party(Smash Ultimate and Mario Odyssey.)

Forgot to mention that Animal Crossing is also a confirmed coming title. My least favorite nintendo franchise. Pretty much the opposite of excitement. 

Pokemon and Animal Crossing this year. Gross. Pretty much opposite of what I want.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 05:55 PM by quest4nes

Jan 01 at 5:55:19 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri

everyone can tell. you have like a 10 thousand dollar switch collection. First party wise though its the Wii U with mario oddysey so far.

Forgot to mention that Animal Crossing is also a confirmed coming title. My least favorite nintendo franchise. Pretty much the opposite of excitement. 

Pokemon and Animal Crossing this year. Gross. Pretty much opposite of what I want

Yoshi, Metroid, and Fire Emblem also coming this year.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jan 01 at 5:58:39 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Fleck586

everyone can tell. you have like a 10 thousand dollar switch collection. First party wise though its the Wii U with mario oddysey so far.

Pokemon and Animal Crossing this year. Gross. Pretty much opposite of what I want

Yoshi, Metroid, and Fire Emblem also coming this year.

Weve seen nothing on metroid besides a title. Like I said, I am more a fan of 2D Metroid. I wont be paying full price for that one. Not a day 1 buy for me.  I could care less about Fire Emblem. I said already yoshi as the one game I want this year announced. Everything else is either a franchise I dont care about/or not that exciting to me. They better announce some more stuff thats awesome. Sick of Wii U ports which we get another one with mario deluxe U . lazy as crap. Games been out for over 6 years.

Basically this.....The first party lineup so far has been the opposite of what I want. The Wii U First party lineup was great. Reason its gotten all ported over. I want new fun first party. So far whats come out not named mario odyssey, and what is announced is just a huge let down for me. The two games I want the most are a new DKC game, a new mario maker. Forgot I would also really like a new mario baseball.

If kirby was better Id feel a little better. Played the demo . Dont care for star allies. I hate the team up thing. Its not skippable like people have said. Its too integrated into the game.

2018 was justy really really sparse for great first party, and when one of those early in the year like kirby wasnt good to me, then it makes 2018 way worse.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 06:16 PM by quest4nes

Jan 01 at 7:12:52 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
You could buy Dead Cells and Darkest Dungeon and tell yourself they’re first party.  They’re so polished they may as well be.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 01 at 7:31:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

You could buy Dead Cells and Darkest Dungeon and tell yourself they’re first party.  They’re so polished they may as well be.

LOL. true

Im really liking mega man 11. Can I call that first party?

Besides mario odyssey, the latest first party Ive enjoyed is smash ultimate story mode. World of Light is pretty fun.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 07:32 PM by quest4nes

Jan 01 at 8:27:09 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
MM11 is top notch. Did anyone try it with the SNES controller yet? It is really nice! I'm excited to try Celeste and Hollow knight with the SNES controller too.

On think I liked about the Wii U was the possibile controller options and Nintendo really kept that up with the Switch. I like that they haven't been actively trying to combat the 3rd party controller scene too.

Jan 01 at 9:52:15 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

MM11 is top notch. Did anyone try it with the SNES controller yet? It is really nice! I'm excited to try Celeste and Hollow knight with the SNES controller too.

On think I liked about the Wii U was the possibile controller options and Nintendo really kept that up with the Switch. I like that they haven't been actively trying to combat the 3rd party controller scene too.

Hollow knight is butter with the pro controller, gotta imagine it is with the SNES as well.

And Who cares about first party, Switch kills it with everything else.  I would prefer less garbage mario games myself.

Edited: 01/01/2019 at 09:53 PM by MrWunderful

Jan 02 at 12:41:18 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Hollow knight is butter with the pro controller, gotta imagine it is with the SNES as well.

And Who cares about first party, Switch kills it with everything else.  I would prefer less garbage mario games myself.

Lol I dont buy nintendo for 3rd party games. I opt to get them on a nintendo console when I do, but less garbage first party titles? I dont know what first party  games youve played but most have been pretty top notch the last 2 generations. So good in fact they put them all on switch instead of making new content since they rushed the switch

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/02/2019 at 12:42 AM by quest4nes

Jan 02 at 1:57:32 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon

Lol I dont buy nintendo for 3rd party games. I opt to get them on a nintendo console when I do, but less garbage first party titles? I dont know what first party  games youve played but most have been pretty top notch the last 2 generations. So good in fact they put them all on switch instead of making new content since they rushed the switch

They did what they had to do. The Wii U was dead in the water. They needed to shift gears and get people excited for a console again. The Wii U was great and did have good games but the marketing was terrible. Port or not they've pretty much pumped out a first party title nearly every month since launch which is impressive and cant be said for the Wii U or any current console. That backed by the great line up of indie releases and 3rd party content trickling out i'd say the Switch has had a pretty stellar first 2 years. The Wii U definitely suffered from some dry spells with no game releases which i personally haven't felt at all with the Switch. Im happy for Nintendo and happy with the Switch, im glad its a success so far and can't wait to see what else is in store.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 02 at 3:25:47 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
im hoping year 3 has more from me. So far doesnt look good(pokemon , fire emblem, animal crossing) is probably the worst possible year big titles for me. Metroid prime is meh. I hope luigis mansion comes out this year. I also want yoshi craft world. Hopefully something else hinted in next direct. But if those 2 are the only things that interest me this year its going to be a let down for me. Like I said before. Give me a new DKC, mario 2d/galaxy game, mario maker, mario baseball. Give me one or two of those and ill be happy. Hell, a real starfox game, or if they actually ported star fox zero without the motion control crap. Theyve ported everything I didnt want and didnt port the actual port needed games. At this point mario maker on switch better be something new and not a port.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/02/2019 at 03:28 AM by quest4nes

Jan 02 at 9:38:52 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

I buy good games, regardless of 1st or third party. The switch makes it easy to play on the go. 

Looks like you are the only person who has a problem  with it, oh well nintendo can’t please everyone! 

Jan 02 at 10:25:12 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
People of the world...join in!..We'll start a quote train, a quote train

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"