Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Noticed something in this old pre-release Game Boy video... Two prototypes and an early Tetris label

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:19:00 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia

You’ll see two prototype cartridges when the children are in the car demonstrating GameLink. The Tetris label they show elsewhere looks different from either of the variations I know of. 

It isn’t really an “infomercial” like the video says. Sounds more like a pitch to get retailers on board or to join in the marketing push for the product line launch.

Just thought I’d share so we can BOLO for funny-lookin’ Tetris labels.   I know that later Tetris labels have a brighter red color with a more distinct/contrasting border on the title, but this is very different. Always wondered if the less common of the two I have were from the retail copies sold without a Game Boy.

The Singer IZEK sewing machine instructional video features a prototype game pak too. After watching that I recognized one on eBay being sold with a machine, though the proto label was covered with a color copy of the retail label and the window at the top was covered with a white plastic insert. The seller didn’t know it was a proto so now TheIronToupee has it. I figured he’d be interested.   That happened about a year ago. Anyway, I’d be a lot more surprised if this leads to anything but still thought it was worth sharing the observation for anyone interested.

Edited: 04/11/2018 at 01:22 PM by CZroe

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:34:26 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
They say "you can take it on a date" while showing someone play it at night in a convertible with the top down. "You can take it to the boring picture show" while depicting a kid in the movie theater pretending to play Game Boy.

Good luck with that.

Edited: 04/11/2018 at 01:39 PM by Ichinisan

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:33:53 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Pretty sweet!

Now if I could only get that prototype badge from a Mod...lol

-------------------------
WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!