NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bella's Guide to Cart lot "prices"

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:12:35 PM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
**facepalm** **grabs whack-a-spoon**

Hey there how are ya? Good? Glad to hear it!! Now sit down and hush dear.

See that sticky up there as the first thread in this sub forum? Go read it!!! HERE (link for lazy) http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=29&am...

I will now explain another way to figure out the answer to the hundreds of  "Is this lot worth it?" questions. Ill make it as simple as I can. I assume you can read and do simple addition and subtraction. However we all know what happens when one assumes something. You make an ass out of you and me....But I digress....

Before you get started, if you can't add get a calculator. If you are unable to operate the small electronic device I suggest selling your whole collection. You are too stupid to own videogames.

Step 1: Get a list of each game in the lot
Step 2: Get the most recent ezine
Step 3: Look up the "price" next to each title
Step 4: Write down the new number next to the name of your game.
Step 5: repeat Step 3 and 4 until all of the games on the list have a number.
Step 6: This is the hardest sorry..... ADD all of the numbers you wrote down.
Step 7: COMPARE the final number to the asking price.

Once you have completed those 8 steps WHOLA you have answered your own question without clogging up the boards. Pat your self on the back. You did it all by your onesies!!! 

Believe me its easier than having to type out 200 games in a thread. by the time you do that you could have answered your own question!!

-------------------------

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Edited: 08/16/2010 at 12:24 AM by Bella

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:53:31 PM
TheNEScollector (0)
(Brian Wagner) < Lolo Lord >
Iowa
good advice. I get sick off all the easy answer crap in the price check area.

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNEScollector You'll love it!

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:55:10 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Bella, I fucking love you.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:58:30 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
If you would have come to the campout Wednesday night, you would love her more... that's all I'm saying.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:03:16 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
If I had means or knew someone who went that lived locally, I probably would've been there. Just saying.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:06:03 AM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
You just said what I've been thinking for the last couple of months, good post.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:08:51 AM
OzNEScollector (80)
(O z) < Kraid Killer >
Australia
yes.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:09:46 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Bella

Step 4: Take 2 dollars from that number you see. That is because that 2 bucks is added in for individual cart shipping.

No math needs to be done to use my guide. Thanks for posting but it seems my revealing how I arrive at accurate prices has screwed everyone up. I apologize.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:10:23 AM
Bella (104)
(Bellatrix Lestrange) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alabama
Ill go edit then. Thanks

I have bigger balls than any man out there... They just sit two feet higher!

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:47:07 AM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
You read my mind! Except why "write" when you can use a spreadsheet to automatically add for you. Nothing annoys me more than hitting the wrong damn key on a calculator and having to start over.

Some people are just to lazy IMO. Personally, I just scan the list for any big players, then multiply the rest by $2-3. If they are asking more than $2-3 per game in a big lot, then it really isn't worth my time.

Aug 16, 2010 at 7:53:23 AM
Solariz (38)
(S A) < Meka Chicken >
Germany
Originally posted by: dangevin

Step 4: Take 2 dollars from that number you see. That is because that 2 bucks is added in for individual cart shipping.

No math needs to be done to use my guide. Thanks for posting but it seems my revealing how I arrive at accurate prices has screwed everyone up. I apologize.

so, to get this absolutely clear. The Price Guide does not include shipping costs?

I have been a bit confused about this since there are no games in the guide that costs less than 3$, while in reality there are lots of .25$ games on ebay, many of which are not even sold at that price

Collection Stats: (05. November 2016)

NES ---->  175          
SNES+SFC ---->  126

Aug 16, 2010 at 8:13:02 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Solariz

Originally posted by: dangevin

so, to get this absolutely clear. The Price Guide does not include shipping costs?

I have been a bit confused about this since there are no games in the guide that costs less than 3$, while in reality there are lots of .25$ games on ebay, many of which are not even sold at that price

It doesn't count unsold games, and it's an average of sale prices.  If two copies sold, one for $7.75 and the other for a quarter, the guide price will be $4.

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:00:19 AM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: burdger

If you would have come to the campout Wednesday night, you would love her more... that's all I'm saying.

Ross,

You and I love her the most. 

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:02:11 AM
ozzman (59)
(Bella's Husband) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: MasonSushi

Ross,

Yea but I married her!!!

Why is it everyone on NA gets to talk to my wife more than I do?

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:02:40 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: ozzman

Originally posted by: MasonSushi

Ross,

Yea but I married her!!!

So in other words, you love her long time...

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:06:41 AM
CrashMan (21)
(Jeff T) < Meka Chicken >
Manitoba
It's kinda common sense, yet oh so uncommon. *face-palm*

good work Bella!

3DS friend code:  2423-2144-9184

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:13:54 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Are people really that offended by price checks? If a new guy posts a list of 150 games it could take him an hour or two to set up a spreadsheet and manually enter eZine values. Or it could take one of us resellers about 2 minutes to answer with a good ballpark figure of what it is worth.

I don't mind helping out the new guys, it's the habitual offenders that get annoying. Don't post a price check on every single CL lot you see.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:20:43 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Solariz
in reality there are lots of .25$ games on ebay, many of which are not even sold at that price

No, this is not the reality. Any game that has a shipping cost over $2 has the shipping cost padded by the seller. People "win" a game for a penny, then ignore paying $4 or even $6 for first class shipping that costs two bucks.

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:21:46 AM
dangevin (219)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: jonebone

Are people really that offended by price checks? If a new guy posts a list of 150 games it could take him an hour or two to set up a spreadsheet and manually enter eZine values. Or it could take one of us resellers about 2 minutes to answer with a good ballpark figure of what it is worth.

I don't mind helping out the new guys, it's the habitual offenders that get annoying. Don't post a price check on every single CL lot you see.

The issue is when you give a man a fish, I think.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:06:25 AM
ninn (5)
(J. ninnghizidha) < Eggplant Wizard >
Austria
Double for CIB?

no cool signature ... sorry ... 

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:10:26 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: ninn

Double for CIB?

CIB isn't covered in the guide at all.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:35:40 AM
milligangames (407)
(Patrick Milligan) < King Solomon >
New York

I kind of agree with Jone here - I really hate the "What is a Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! cart worth?" threads, but I totally don't mind helping someone with less market knowledge with a large lot. If someone is price checking a 100-cart lot, I can give them a good price range within a minute or two, as opposed to them taking a half hour going through 1 by 1.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:48:03 AM
paulyshobby (90)
(Paul LaMalfa) < Ridley Wrangler >
New Hampshire
I don't mind helping people out at all

Check out my eBay/Amazon stores!
http://www.paulyshobby.com...

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:59:49 AM
Levirules (12)
(Levi Morgan) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: jonebone

This is what I was trying to say in the other thread. There's nothing wrong with posting a lot of 100 NES cart-only games and asking for a price check. It would takr an hour to look up all the prices in the guide and add them up, and honestly, you don't learn much that way. The price guide is fantastic for smaller lots or individual games, but there is NOTHING wrong with asking for a quick answer on a large lot.

The poster could spend an hour adding everything up, or 30 seconds posting the list, and other users can spend 30 seconds skimming the list. Eventually, the poster will learn more about values, all the while using the price guide for smaller references, and they will learn to skim the lists themselves.

In short, this "guide" is fine for smaller stuff, and if someone has the time, larger lots. But when there are people willing to help save someone time on a forum, why say there's anything wrong with it? If it annoys you, just skip the CL price check posts. If everyone was annoyed and stopped helping people, eventually they'd have to add it up manually.

::: Now playing: Demon's Souls, Portal 2 :::

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:13:52 PM
Sticky (185)
(Sn0 Bro) < Kraid Killer >
United States
My favorite part was "clogging up the boards"