Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

7 NES "Black Box" games (price check) In need of help from N-A experts!

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:39:12 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Spoon: You can't ask JD to not post a rebuttal in your first post and then go on to talk about the deal at length on your end.

To speak to that transaction:

JD should have asked for more detailed pictures
Spoon should have taken more detailed pics of the game that has fairly extensive damage

To speak to the price check:

If you want an accurate price check for your CIB Black Box games, I highly recommend you take detailed pictures of any damage or alterations made to the boxes. Black Box CIBs can vary by hundreds of dollars based on condition, so disclosing detailed condition information, especially damage that can be easily photographed, will best ensure an accurate price check.

Keep it civil and move on from the dispute or I'm locking this before it becomes (more of) a back and forth flamefest.

MrMark:

Well the topic where be bashed me was locked with his comments fully intact so I thought it was only fair that I have some say in all of this.

Had I been selling these in on official NA For Sale/Auction forum I would have added more details.
I told him to wait until I set up an official For Sale forum, but he didn't want to.

This became uncivil weeks ago when he started extorting me for money.
Money or he goes public and ruins my rep...  He's caused me so much stress and grief that I wish I had never answered his PM.

His way of dealing is to buy the item and then negotiate a better deal after the fact.

I've had 4 great years here and then he comes along and trashes me with lies and Negative FB.

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:54:05 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa

I"m just going to answer this as straight forward as possible.

Originally posted by: spoonman

MrMark:

Well the topic where be bashed me was locked with his comments fully intact so I thought it was only fair that I have some say in all of this.

Yes

Had I been selling these in on official NA For Sale/Auction forum I would have added more details.
I told him to wait until I set up an official For Sale forum, but he didn't want to.

Not True, I waited until you pm'd me several days later, "Good news we can do a deal"

Money or he goes public and ruins my rep...  He's caused me so much stress and grief that I wish I had never answered his PM.

So doing a return at a heavy loss on my part translates into extorting you for money.

His way of dealing is to buy the item and then negotiate a better deal after the fact.

No I was willing to get out of the deal, and take a heavy loss in the process, that is you keep 30, and I return the game, or as much as you want for that matter, I just plain wanted out at any cost.

I've had 4 great years here and then he comes along and trashes me with lies and Negative FB.

True on 4 years with no problems.

-------------------------
Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:02:27 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
This was obvious intent to deceive and now we're arguing semantics. Ghey!

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:12:56 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
A quick word to would be scammers...

If you do something deceitful but then apologize, you're going on this list.

People can change and people deserve second chances, but nothing is getting swept under the rug anymore. If you have a lapse in judgment, people may forgive you, but they will also know your history, so make sure that quick buck that you're looking to make is worth tarnishing your reputation.

Follow the rules and respect the hobby and no one gets hurt...

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:15:11 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York

Originally posted by: jdheins

I"m just going to answer this as straight forward as possible.

Originally posted by: spoonman

MrMark:

Yes

Not True, I waited until you pm'd me several days later, "Good news we can do a deal"

So doing a return at a heavy loss on my part translates into extorting you for money.

No I was willing to get out of the deal, and take a heavy loss in the process, that is you keep 30, and I return the game, or as much as you want for that matter, I just plain wanted out at any cost.

True on 4 years with no problems.

OK, I had a long winded reply for this to explain in detail.. I spent 20 minutes on it and just now I deleted it.

This pretty much sums up everything I could spend days fighting anyway:

Your PM reply after receiving the game in question:

10/12/2011 10:13 PM - jdheins (77) 

Hey man, thanks for taking extreme care during shipping.

Upon arrival however, I was expecting just a little touchup where the sticker seal used to be, but I can see the touchup all over the box, as well as many cracks on the top flap covered, as well as along the side.  I appreciate your honesty before the sale, but I had no idea it was to this extent.  In the pics, it looked like a gem mint box.

I can honestly say the box I already have is probably in much better shape that I got from Gullavoie, and I paid much less.  I was looking to upgrade to a gem mint box, so that was why my offer was so high, the box looks absolutely beautiful in the pics, maybe because of the poly bags, I'm not sure.

I hate that you spent all your time on this, is there any way we could do a return minus shipping cost, and whatever else you want for your time?  Just let me know.

Hopefully there are no hard feelings. I feel really bad.

Admitting you were expecting a GEM MINT BOX even though I had it listed only as "good"

People don't ask for a return "minus shipping cost, and whatever else you want for your time".
That says to me "OOps.. I screwed up and didn't realize what I was buying"

I'm done arguing on this. You got 100% EXACTLY what you paid for and I got stuck with a BS -FB from you with more lies in it. What's done is done, but you will not take anymore of my time. We are done here.

Edited: 10/20/2011 at 09:24 PM by spoonman

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:28:45 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Locked. If we can't play nice, we can't play.

No more bullshit about this in any other threads, let this one go or take it up with the mod/admin team directly.