Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Walking Dead Show and Comics Discussion SPOILERS PRESENT!!!

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:12:04 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
The finale wasnt bad but damn what is it with every single dang character living. Did anyone even die? Lolol

All the characters who had apparent arcs to maybe end for the finale( dwight, eugene, negan, gabriel)

I mean for not one to die is kind of ridiculous.

Oceanside coming was as predictable as ever. Atleast they showed up being brought back to hilltop like a normal plan would have been and not to the battle. At the battle i was expecting and not wanting oceanside to show up and save them. When the guns backfired i thought it was oceanside taking them down sonehow finding guns and i was about to say youve got to be kidding me. Took me a second to realize it was eugene. When rick slit negans throat did he not go deep on purpose? Felt like an accident.

Hopefully better stuff is in the works because while it wasnt horrible it felt like a waste of a war confrontation. It felt rushed to a conclusion. Basically 2 seasons of this war and boom big conclusion over in 10 seconds with gun backfire and quick rick negan fight. Felt anticlimactic. I was actually kind of satisfied with negan dying there till i thought about he was supposed to die with a hatchet right? Keeping him alive just builds ridiculous tension between the group and now maggie daryl and jesus trying to kill negan i guess making it look like an accident or something? Only redeeming thing of this situation is potentially maybe they will let maggie use lucille to bash his face in. That would be the satisfying end to his great character.  Ihate this let people live crap. They were going to kill you!

Also my god the first half the finale had so many commercials. Felt like more than normal. Got to the point i was fast forwarding the dvr and counting minutes of actual show in between them. At one point there was like 6-7 minutes of commercial. 4 minutes if show then 6 more minutes of commercial.

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 05:19 AM by quest4nes

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:59:02 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Yep - super disappointing season 'finale'. These last few seasons with Negan have been an utter mess, the writing and handling of the show are honestly a joke anymore. The writing is supremely poor - they could have either A) Made this 'war' 1 season long - it could have been awesome, action packed, and emotionally gripping for the audience or B) Wrote this out for 2 seasons with creative and purposeful use of all the characters to leave us with an exciting satisfying finale that leaves the viewers feeling like 'woah, what a great ride that was'.

Instead neither happened, an insanely unorganized flow of events occurred, shitty writing, the constant and only constant of the show being the "kill vs peaceful resolution" of every little conflict with SEVERAL characters taking part in this sucked-the-tit-dry ethical dilemma (Morgan, Jesus, Maggie, Daryl, Tara, Rick, Michonne, Carl - seriously wtf?). They drug this out for OVER 2 seasons in total from when we met the Saviors/Negan - just a goddamn ratings grab anymore for $$$.

There was a prime opportunity for them to deviate away from the comics and win the audience. Not much of a spoiler anymore that Negan is held prisoner in the comics after Negan's throat is slit. Given the way Negan was portrayed in the show, this is a RIDICULOUS story to follow - I was hoping to god that if Rick decided to keep him alive that Maggie would take him out as a way of her stepping on Rick toes and showing superior leadership. Even if they would have ended it with a neck slash and Negan died - it would have been 100% more satisfying. If you might remember, Morgan built the prison cell in Alexandria...are we led to believe that the prison cell is perfectly intact after the Saviors destroyed Alexandria in the MSF? Just silly they would follow this story after killing off Carl - who is the future in the comics if I understand correctly.

They left us with some crazy things to consider for next season...
- Jadis and Oceanside are now part of the Hilltop/Kingdom/Alexandria - do we have all 3 locations now again?
- Nothing further on the random Old Lady with the 2 oddballs that gave Maggie the "book of the future"
- The Helicopter...they showed it twice this season (and back in S1) - but nothing for us to hang onto there...
- Prisoner Negan, my god what a joke
- Maggie, Jesus (why Jesus?), and Daryl going against Rick/Michonne - will they be the new bad guys?
- No more Morgan - damn near the entire first episode of FTWD last night was all based on him...and then they jumped FTWD forward like 2 years?

I know this is a huge post. I love the Walking Dead, always have, but this is all a big mess and money grab now. I'll continue to watch (I think), but am severely disappointed in how this "highly rated" show has been handled for a few years. The war with the Saviors/Negan was a huge opportunity and after the graphic death of Abe/Glenn - this is what we got? What a joke.

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 11:03 AM by Boosted52405

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:29:21 AM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Can't really say I'm disappointed, as that would imply I had set my expectations for something better than this... I was expecting crap, and I got it. Boring end to a bad story. I really am ready for them to move beyond "war" as a storyline.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Oct 25, 2018 at 9:40:39 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Wow. No one has posted about this season. Yea, it is bad. Lol

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Oct 25, 2018 at 10:28:22 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Well...I think I actually like it better than the last season or two...at least it seems to be better produced, more compelling etc. Very weird to think of the cast that is leaving and how that is all going to go down and how it will impact the story and overall series. It's advertised as "Rick Grimes final episodes" so it's not a spoiler or anything, he has I believe 3 episodes left. Cannot see this show surviving without him.

Plus another very large cast member is leaving, although that one hasn't been made as public IIRC.

I will say the new Baddies should be very interesting...it's been confirmed to follow the comics to an extent if folks know the next group to come along - admittedly I don't know much about them but they sound very intriguing.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:24:26 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Well...I think I actually like it better than the last season or two...at least it seems to be better produced, more compelling etc. Very weird to think of the cast that is leaving and how that is all going to go down and how it will impact the story and overall series. It's advertised as "Rick Grimes final episodes" so it's not a spoiler or anything, he has I believe 3 episodes left. Cannot see this show surviving without him.

Plus another very large cast member is leaving, although that one hasn't been made as public IIRC.

I will say the new Baddies should be very interesting...it's been confirmed to follow the comics to an extent if folks know the next group to come along - admittedly I don't know much about them but they sound very intriguing.

2 episodes left qccording ti the preview for this week. I just find that all of a sudden all the characters are sentinental and referecing characters from the earlier season. NOW you think about them? Come on. Just waiting to see what happens and where the show goes from there.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:27:24 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ Oh wow only 2? I had heard he had "6 episodes left" back when news broke, I wonder if he did some filming for some flashbacks or something for a sixth. Wow, the next 2 episodes should be VERY interesting...wonder if they kill him off or what...cannot imagine a zombified Rick Grimes lol.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:58:10 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

?

I like this season a whole lot more than last. Its way more interesting.

No one posted because this site doesnt have as much traffic, and people probably didnt remember the thread. I didnt.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 10/27/2018 at 03:59 PM by quest4nes

Oct 27, 2018 at 5:06:56 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: quest4nes

?

No one posted because this site doesnt have as much traffic, and people probably didnt remember the thread. I didnt.

Every character is all sentimental and looking back at the old days... randomly. It doesn't make sense. I know Rick is leaving, but come on...

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:38:08 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

?

Every character is all sentimental and looking back at the old days... randomly. It doesn't make sense. I know Rick is leaving, but come on...

?? What like a couple references? Im not following. Whats weird about that? They mention old characters all the time. The whole tension is built on negan being alive and him killing their family and friends. Of course they are going to mention them. And of course rick is leaving so references are going to be made. I dont see what you are complaining about? Doesnt sound like a oh cmon moment?

This so far to me is the best season of the walking dead in awhile. Atleast since the suspensful negan killings. I actually feel like watching it the night it airs.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:17:27 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

?

?? What like a couple references? Im not following. Whats weird about that? They mention old characters all the time. The whole tension is built on negan being alive and him killing their family and friends. Of course they are going to mention them. And of course rick is leaving so references are going to be made. I dont see what you are complaining about? Doesnt sound like a oh cmon moment?

This so far to me is the best season of the walking dead in awhile. Atleast since the suspensful negan killings. I actually feel like watching it the night it airs.

The show has a different feel since the new show runner, which is so different than the old episodes it doesn't gel well for me.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:46:47 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Exactly its better!

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:20:33 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Yes it it much better Quest! Who saw last night's beyond wild episode?

So many old characters came back to help film it, pretty epic if you ask me.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:53:40 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Not a bad ep at all
Damn was pretty good

And the time jump again
Nice!
Also cool to see the next enemy haha

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:02:00 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Yes it it much better Quest! Who saw last night's beyond wild episode?

So many old characters came back to help film it, pretty epic if you ask me.
I liked it. 

Now the time jump preview of the next couple episodes to round out the mid season finale and the evolution of walkers seems weird but atleast they are trying something new. Its interesting. I love the time jump. We get little judith bad ass now lol. New Carl

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 11/05/2018 at 06:05 PM by quest4nes

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:17:20 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
I am glad you all like it. The "evolving" zombies seem like this Whisperers? Maybe? I have invested too much time to stop watching, but ANOTHER time jump? Eh.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:36:55 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
I need to catch up on all that I've missed! Comic wise, I'm WAY too behind, same goes for the show. I stopped watching shortly after they killed of CORAL.

My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:18:36 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

I am glad you all like it. The "evolving" zombies seem like this Whisperers? Maybe? I have invested too much time to stop watching, but ANOTHER time jump? Eh.

Whisperers indeed

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:07:39 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
I am glad they didn't kill Rick. Curious to see how these movies will pan out though...

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:05:09 AM
vladictivo (112)
(Vladi ) < Lolo Lord >
Mexico
This season has come to a point where it follows a vague canonical script from the comic, which makes the show very interesting for me as a huge fan of the later, because it presentes alternative arcs probably considered by Kirkman when writing the comic, and not by the AMC writers, and you no longer know what is exactly going to happen. I loved the hospital scene from last show, I found it very powerful with Rick totally delirious and having this chat with his old version awakening in bed into the apocalypse.

Keeping it custom: vladictivo.deviantart.com

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:49:55 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I haven't been really into the show since the end of season 7. The first few episodes of this season sucked hardcore. But I felt like this was a decent sendoff for Rick / Andrew Lincoln, and seeing that there is a big time jump starting next episode, I'm actually very curious to see how everything will play out. As sick as I am of the constant jump gaps, I think this one was sorely needed and it might actually renew my interest in the show.

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:52:24 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Well...the formal introduction to the Whisperers was pretty badass - who all watched last night? Not happy for who died though.

For the Negan situation...I'm thinking Gabriel did it on purpose.

The preview for the 2nd half of the season looks straight awesome, the Whisperers look fun as shit despite the 100s of questions one could ask of their ways.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:03:49 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Just saw the ep
Crazy that they killed off that character and kinda sucky death too
All that training meant shit haha

Guess someone wanted off the show.....

Where the fuck is Maggie too?

Definitely it's moving away from the books to is staying alive / not ( more so )

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:29:41 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: punkr13

Just saw the ep
Crazy that they killed off that character and kinda sucky death too
All that training meant shit haha

Guess someone wanted off the show.....

Where the fuck is Maggie too?

Definitely it's moving away from the books to is staying alive / not ( more so )
Maggie left with Georgie, the older gal that showed up with the twins that gave her a book of building the future in exchange for record albums.  Apparently it was a contract dispute with some interesting theories, here is a link for more info if interested:
https://www.thewrap.com/twd-walki...

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:32:39 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Ok so she's with another group cause I couldn't see her being alone with her kid wandering around hehe

She should probably be paid as much too
Especially since they just killed off a leader - thinking killing him off releases some cash flow lol