Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Blue Spiritual Warfare Be forewarned...

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:42:33 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: michiganfan2

Also, I like Jason's idea of the Hoax Section. We could add the white end label Dr. Mario and Shooting Range to that list as well.

Mike, I was with Jason (in Raleigh, NC) when he purchased the white Shooting Range at the flea market. It exists! I was *stunned* to see it -- it literally has all-white text, and the laser coming out of the gun on the cover is also white. It wasn't sun faded at all. Jason, can you post a pic of your cart?

-Dain

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:47:12 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I also agree that hoax is a pretty strong word. I think dangevin's "fabricated" is a good idea or Dr. Morbis' "Hoax?" with the question mark is interesting. The only issue I see with adding a question mark is that it implies we're unsure, and I think we (as a community) need to take a stand and *become* the definitive source -- if we're proven wrong, so be it, and we'll change our data and go about our business. But by making a definitive stand on issues like this will undoubtedly save us (as collectors) money on something that can be created by anyone as well as guide the community in a position of leadership.

-Dain

Jan 30, 2007 at 8:23:01 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I agree with Dain we need to take a definitive stance on this. I liked the Hoax? but that leaves it open to debate a bit. Here are a few alternatives maybe:
con
deception
sham
fraud
ruse
fictional
untrue
imagined
unreal
invented (I kinda like this one)
fantasy

Just ideas mind you. I suggest we narrow it down to the 3 best that we can think of and go from there maybe.
~~NGD

Hounder--I will look into your log in problems at NESforums when I get home from work tonight and PM you some info.

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread