Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

* - * Nintendo Direct * - * -- December 2013 What's new in the Nintendo world o.O!

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:58:14 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
what did you guys think?

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-...

link to vid^

Wasn't bad at all
think the surprise was the hyrule warriors from it all lol

*SPOILERS*

the opening was neat, a different type of zelda game
with more questions about it like , what extra characters can you play as.....

kirby triple game, looks enjoyable

yoshi's new game

that robot game ( chi bi robo ), neat idea

pokemon bank - add on

golf as another part of the wii sports club pack

sonic free DLC with yoshi (def nice)

bravely default - RPG game for the handled, i'll probably try this out if i find it hehe

smash brothers character rosalina playable, looks like a combo jugglar type

mario kart 8, the airport lvl looks cool - can't really mess up this game and they have been getting better

donkey kong tropical freeze - i'll probably try it out - 4 characters that can be used

NES remix - classic games will probably buy it hehe
also excitebike doesn't need to be more chanllenging lol (check the video to see what i mean)

DR luigi - lol poor mans version of dr mario   "it's hard to get a gameover"
good thing you can play the regular version and battle mode always good with puzzle games

-------------------------

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 12/18/2013 at 10:07 AM by punkr13

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:27:10 AM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I only got half way through at work, but I liked what I saw. Hyrule Warriors looks awesome. I am not a huge Warriors fan, but I do enjoy them enough. Throwing it in to Hyrule just makes me more interested in it. I didn't get to the Braverly Default section, but everything else I have seen on it looks decent.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:29:43 AM
The-retro-shop.com (12)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Hyrule warriors --- Looks like a Rushed Zelda Game to sell consoles, and hold over fans. Game didn't look anywhere near polished. They basically just took another game and stuck link in it. (Exited to try, but I have no real expectations)

Other then that I was exited about Bravely Default until I realized they introduced Micro Transactions into it.

Hate to be a Debby Downer but I wasn't to impressed with anything.((I just want to know where the Wii U Games are and why there so focused on the 3DS))

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:38:07 AM
ProtoScott (26)
(Mr. SpaceBeard) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Rosalina looks pretty cool in Smash. I like the use of the Luma to block Mega Mans shot while still attacking.

I have never played a Dynasty Warriors game, but I have always been interested in the series so now I guess I will finally have the motivation to pick one up.

I am meh about everything else. I am sure I will enjoy the yoshi and kirby 3ds games, but I am not really hyped about them.

Hey you!! Got some Mega Man games??? Wanna sell 'em???

Well Click here ----> http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

If it isn't checked off PM me!!

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:40:54 AM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Donkey Kong 2 Wi U looks good.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:51:40 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
NES remix looks awesome and I'm buying it

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:52:45 AM
tarkusAB (73)
(Anthony ) < Meka Chicken >
Rhode Island
Everything looks cool, but nothing really jumped out at me. They seem to be focusing their attention on the 3DS yet again. I really wish they could bring some love to the Wii U, or better yet, a 3DS/DS adapter for the Wii U like the Game Boy Player. THAT is what I want most of all.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:54:20 AM
ProtoScott (26)
(Mr. SpaceBeard) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
I agree that Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze does look pretty good, I just wish it used the Kremlings as enemies, the last one just didn't quite feel like DKC without stompin on gators.

The more I think about NES Remix the more I like the idea, but why does it have to be with early titles on the console? Why would I want to play any version of black box Pinball?

Hey you!! Got some Mega Man games??? Wanna sell 'em???

Well Click here ----> http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

If it isn't checked off PM me!!

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:58:59 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Its cool to see Nintendo try new things with there old games (NES Remix). I may have to check that one out.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:12:32 AM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Some interesting info / replies. Did they talk about the Wii U Yoshi yarn game or the 3DS one? I'm at work until 6pm so I'll watch the video later tonight.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:25:37 AM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
Nes remix isbon my list of wants...I sure hope they polish that hyrule warriors game it looks like the Wii version.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:40:52 AM
D4RK M4R10 (21)
(Adam ) < El Ripper >
New York
God damnit. I want that Luigi's figurine.

If anyone has 1500 coins to blow and wants to trade for swag, hit me up please.

Super Castlevania IV [SEALED] and Earthworm Jim 2 [SEALED] for Sale  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:51:17 AM
DailyNostalgia (18)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Originally posted by: D4RK M4R10

God damnit. I want that Luigi's figurine.

If anyone has 1500 coins to blow and wants to trade for swag, hit me up please.

Wow... 1500... well looks like I'll have to do some surveys tonight haha. Hopefully I'll hit 1500 coins before/if it sells out.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:51:28 AM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
Originally posted by: The-retro-shop.com

Hyrule warriors --- Looks like a Rushed Zelda Game to sell consoles, and hold over fans. Game didn't look anywhere near polished. They basically just took another game and stuck link in it. (Exited to try, but I have no real expectations)

Other then that I was exited about Bravely Default until I realized they introduced Micro Transactions into it.

Hate to be a Debby Downer but I wasn't to impressed with anything.((I just want to know where the Wii U Games are and why there so focused on the 3DS))

I think it's too soon to say anything about the quality of Hyrule Warriors. It still looked like it was in the early stages so obviously it's not going to look as polished as the final version I'd assume. Even the name "hyrule Warriors" is not the final name which goes to show how early in development they are in the game.

My WTB thread
Buying Zelda CIB NES/SNES/N64 games in mint conditions! (Both NTSC and PAL)

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:05:01 PM
eCockpit (12)
(Ethan ) < El Ripper >
Iowa
Pretty good Direct IMO. Hyrule Warriors looks pretty cool, and Mario Kart 8 looks pretty legit, not gonna lie. NES Remix also looks fun, like a retro-only Wario Ware. Still, hopefully they'll unleash Star Fox, Metroid, or even Miyamoto's new IP or F-Zero. I do love Nintendo, and always will, but I'd love to see something in a Direct that'll make me yell "F*** yeah, Nintendo!!!".

If all else fails, use Fire!

My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:46:20 PM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

(AJ Lewandoski) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
DAMN YOU NINTENDOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sorry for the caps rage I had to yell. If I hadn't bought that Zelda poster set I would've had enough for that Luigi statue which in my opinion is way cooler than posters xc

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:58:57 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
Hyrule Warriors looks pretty Alpha/Basic, I question if it's really supposed to be a game in it's current form, or a demo. So many random enemies, no purpose either. Lets see what it comes out as, though, it looks okay in pretty much every other aspect. The kirby game looks pretty cool too. I need a 3DS one day.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:48:55 PM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
woohoo! I already had 1495 points and nothing to spend them on and hadn't remembered to register Zelda:Link between worlds so I got the statue.

kirby   interesting but not too much new
yoshi's new island  I really like yoshi's island but the 3d/2d mixed art style looks ugly to me 

Chibi Robo  looks interesting  might get it if it's a $7.99 or less eshop title

pokemon bank - add on haven't played pokemon in 15 years so no use to me (Ni no kuni and Shin megami tensai noctourne have filled that gap better for me)

golf as another part of the wii sports club pack  might try it out but doesn't look that interesting

sonic free DLC with yoshi (def nice)  hmmmm  sonic  haven't really liked a sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2

Bravely Default  the ratings on review sites have been good and I've always been a fan of jrpg's so this is a guaranteed purchase for me.  the in game purchase thing doesn't look like it's anything that will screw up the game since the game didn't originally have it and nothing else was really changed (wasn't built around it like many games are)

donkey kong tropical freeze  I haven't really been a fan of the DKC games but this looks good. when I can find it for about half retail I'll get it.

NES remix unfortunately it's mostly black box gamesand there's only 2 or 3 I like out of them.. but it looks like they tweaked the ice climbers controls so it may not be that bad.

DR luigi - the L pills look like a good way to add a shallower and much LONGER difficulty curve to the game with a 4 color pill later on it will be much more challenging without just ramping the speed up. plus online play is a plus.. but I've never been a Dr. Mario fan   if they make an online play Puyo Puyo I'm in though.

If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.

Edited: 12/18/2013 at 02:10 PM by rokubungi

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:57:01 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
I have a brand new(sealed) Gold Nunchucku with someone's name on it if they want to trade for the Luigi Fig.

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:15:39 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
My god, that Hyrule Warriors game. It looked like such an alpha game and gameplay reminded me a lot from God of War. It looked like it was still WAY early in development, which it is by damn. From the gameplay, looks like Link just beats the shit out of enemies.

EDIT: Just learned that, this is not the Zelda game that's in the works. This is just a spinoff side game.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Edited: 12/18/2013 at 02:18 PM by Thunderblaze16

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:39:28 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Hyrule Warriors reminds me of Dynasty Warriors (name similarity?). I like that it's Zelda, but I don't like how easy the trailer makes it look. To be a hero it should be hard, not killing 100 guys with one slash. That being said I also wasn't a fan of Dynasty Warriors so that may have something to do with it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:45:24 PM
khog143 (73)
(Kevin Holbrook) < El Ripper >
Texas
I want that Luigi statue, but I'm 500 points away, so it'll probably be sold out by the time I get there.

Hyrule Warriors looks great. I loved the Dynasty Warriors series on PS2 (well, at least 1-4), but haven't played one in a while. I am curious to see when it comes out, since it did look very rough, and wasn't even at the point where they had a finalized title for it.

I am so pumped for Bravely Default as well, and the free to play side story/demo great. Hopefully this game will set Square Enix back on the right path with turn-based RPGs, though I'm not holding my breath. Micro-transactions are pretty shitty, but whatever. I have come to accept them as a part of gaming, even though they suck.

NES Remix looks cool, I will probably get it once I am done with SM3DW and Wind Waker HD.

I don't care about the new Donkey Kong. I haven't enjoyed the DKC series since DKC3, and putting in Scrooge McKong does nothing for me. Something about the art style has always seemed off to me with the new ones.

Lastly, I was so excited that they were gonna announce something with Kirby's Air Ride, and got pretty bummed that it was just a Smash Bros character announcement. I don't really care about what characters are going to be in Smash Bros, I will get it anyway, and try out all of them.

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:52:34 PM
pujolsfan (116)
< King Solomon >
Missouri
Dr. Luigi seemed to be a pretty good idea. I can't imagine that it would have been much trouble to make. Just some small twists and they get to sell a new game. And the NES remix is nice as well. It's good to see that they don't forget about the past.

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:22:55 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
I'm a big Dynasty Warriors fan, so Hyrule Warriors looks like a cool idea. Also need to get NES Remix.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:58:49 PM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Hyrule Warriors looks like total garbage. The textures looked like something on the PS2 and the gameplay looked like junk. It looked like a Wii tech demo.

If this is what Nintendo thinks will help bolster Wii U sales they are sadly mistaken.

Mario Kart 8 looks great though.