Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Game Contents Open a sealed game recently? Going to? Post the contents here!

Jun 6, 2007 at 4:00:41 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
There hasn't been many updates. And remember, I still want to check and see if contents varied over releases, so I still accept submissions whether I have them on the list or not. If they match, I just leave it be, and if not, I get a new entry That said, I don't have Low G Man on the list yet.

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:22:12 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
bignose fraks out...

box, styrophome
game cart inside plastic bag sealed with a sticker
piece of cardboard
poaster
manual (foldable style)
4 round stickers
camerica games warranty registration card
instruction card on how to start the game and how to use the switch on the back

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Edited: 06/07/2007 at 04:23 PM by nes_king

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:28:00 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Thanks nes_king. That one was already on the list, but you just verified everything that was in the package. Thanks

Keep 'em coming guys!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:42:05 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
cool.... by the way where can i view the entire list at?

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:05:47 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
It hasn't been posted yet, which is the point of the counter on the front page (how many listings remaining before it will satisfy GameFAQs and be posted). I have a copy, Dr. Morbis has one (albeit not up to date...I'll send it your way soon Basil) and jaredkk has one by request. I'm still trying to keep distribution numbers down at this point for somewhat obvious reasons. Besides, people won't open a game that's listed, yet that's the only way to see whether the contents of a variant cart are different. I've already seen some doozies, such as the white seal Metal Gear that came in a box with a black seal...always thought there was a white seal box out there, but the general consensus is that there isn't, as several people have been searching for them with no results. Throws most of Konami/Ultra's seal variants into doubt too...seems no black seal boxes have a white seal counterpart. That's one mystery solved by this project. I hope to solve some others as well

Jun 8, 2007 at 5:50:25 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
why are you so concerned that GameFAQs posts it? nobody at GameFAQs would appreciate a guide like that. if you're just looking for somewhere to host it, I'm sure plenty of places would host it, including NintendoAGE.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:30:32 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
It's just an easy way for me to update it. And link to it. And stuff. Dain is planning to use the info, but having the list hosted here is a bit redundant IMO. I've also been using the info on some other places. Anyone who wants to mirror it is welcome to, but I want it there for my own personal ease of use. They have already told me that it looks good, but they want it "around twice as big" as when I submitted it last. I just put an actual number to it so I could say "hey, I really DID go and double the content."

Jun 8, 2007 at 8:19:36 PM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
ah, okay, that makes sense.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:27:27 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Hey Wizard man,
I'm torn I just got in a perfect mint sealed Exodus which Dan tells me is worth between $25-40 and I wasn't going to open it. BUT, my GD cat managed to get it and put a couple teeth marks in the top of it... so I think I might be opening it. If so I'll let you know. Damn cats...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:46:05 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
--LOW G MAN--

-Box: NES-L7-USA
-Cart: NES-L7-USA
-Manual: NES-L7-USA(*)
-Sleeve: Standard black
-Taxan Warranty Registration Card: TAX-NES-US-1
-NP Insert: PMG-USa
-Yellow Projection TV Warning Card: NES-RPTV-USA

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:22:53 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
That'll get added to the list the minute I transfer the file to the new comp I scored

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:06:07 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Low G Man finally added (finally transferred the file), so keep 'em coming people!

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:31:01 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Within the last week, I've added an astonishing 20 games to the list! Keep 'em coming! Special thanks to the anonymous user who is still in the process of contributing them. Not sure if you still want to remain anonymous, so I'll let you announce who you are, or else I will just do it after the other 180 or so are contributed

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:47:05 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
And just overnight I add another 20 games! Another batch + 1 and I'll have enough to submit it...of course, I'll just wait until the mystery contributor finishes up before I post it, but yeah, I have no worries now

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:49:07 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I can't wait to see all this info ported in the the NA database soon, will be sweet for sure.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:11:50 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Dain has already contacted me with regard to that. I'm very much looking forward to it myself

Jul 2, 2007 at 7:40:10 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Soooooooooooooo close!

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:30:43 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Soooooooooo... how close are you on that original countdown from 50 or whatever? I'm itching to see this thing posted publicly somewhere. Anyway, here are two more:

Freedom Force:
-cart -NES-FE-USA
-box -NES-FE-USA
-manual -NES-FE-USA
-dust sleeve -std black
-"Sunsoft Game Time News" Volume 1 Number 2 Summer 1988 (no code)

Power Blade:
-cart -NES-7T-USA
-box -NES-7T-USA
-manual -NES-7T-USA
-dust sleeve -std black
-"Free Subscription" card -TAI-NES-US
-"Taito Wave" poster -TAI-NES-US-3
-Nintendo Power insert -PMG-USA-1

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:10:26 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Within the last week, I've added an astonishing 20 games to the list! Keep 'em coming! Special thanks to the anonymous user who is still in the process of contributing them. Not sure if you still want to remain anonymous, so I'll let you announce who you are, or else I will just do it after the other 180 or so are contributed

well its obviously dain then. You call that an anonymous thank you? Good on you Dain!

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:38:57 AM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
WOW That is a LOT of sealed games to be opening!

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:00:09 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I figured I'd take one for the team so to speak. Seeing as I've been very fortunate (and patient) in acquiring most of them dirt cheap, it makes sense to finally figure out what came with what. I'm here to tell you, we've found some pretty interesting things in the process of opening these. IE, posters with the wrong games, mail away offers that I didn't know about, etc. I have to admit, it's been a blast doing it!

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:40:39 PM
Widar (22)
(Mattias Widar) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
Where can i find this list? I want to know what's still missing since i'll be getting a couple of sealed US games in the coming weeks. Would love to contribute more.

Need help getting that awesome Euro stuff from Tradera.com? Just ask!

Edited: 07/11/2007 at 03:41 PM by Widar

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:44:45 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I'm trying to get contents from multiple releases, and I've already seen a few with different contents for the same title, so contribute anything you have. The reason I haven't posted the list yet is because I'm still waiting for Dain to finish contributing everything he was going to contribute. Once I get all his submissions I will be posting it on GameFAQs.

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:49:49 PM
Widar (22)
(Mattias Widar) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I'm trying to get contents from multiple releases, and I've already seen a few with different contents for the same title, so contribute anything you have. The reason I haven't posted the list yet is because I'm still waiting for Dain to finish contributing everything he was going to contribute. Once I get all his submissions I will be posting it on GameFAQs.

Ah, good idea. I'll be getting sealed Track N Field II, StarTropics and Xevious soon. You have the data from the Quattro Arcade i opened, don't you?

Need help getting that awesome Euro stuff from Tradera.com? Just ask!

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:56:39 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, I have the Quattro Arcade data. I ended up opening one a month later myself, and they meshed perfectly. Also too, Dr. Morbis had one on his list of submissions that was identical, so we've pretty much confirmed everything in that one Target: Renegade and Hoops have also been confirmed in a similar manner.

Some oddities that came out in this process - Smash TV DID NOT come with the Smash TV poster, although a few other games did. Also have two entries for Short Order/Eggsplode where the only difference is the Nintendo Power card, which is different. And the Metal Gear black seal box with the white seal cart.