Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night I just got Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night ,and this game is Badass!

Jun 30 at 8:25:55 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Gutling

It doesnt. However it would be hard to recommend the switch version right now. They are talking about lots of fixes coming, and it needs them. It crashes a lot, and no autosave so you can loose a lot of progress. Graphics are pretty ugly whenever it gets close to anything. Sometimes switching screens has a horrendous load time, i have counted out 30 seconds before. And controls will infuriate you. I dont know if its lag or slow controls, but there are some platforming sections that I had to redo ten times because it wouldnt register the jump button.

It is a fun game, i really like it and would play the heck out of it. But it doesnt feel complete/polished on the switch. At least not yet, hoping they release some fixes. I have read its amazing on the pc, and also great on ps4 not nearly any of the same issues.

That it is, had some issues at first with it wanting to minimize but that seems to had stopped otherwise it runs quite well. 

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Jun 30 at 9:12:46 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Playing on Xbox and it's perfect. I'll get the Switchy version eventually too, but I can wait for that

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 01 at 9:34:31 AM
noiseredux (26)
(brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I've played about 3 hours on Switch, and I'm having a blast with it.

Jul 01 at 6:15:38 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Finished it with the true ending last night. Now to go back and platinum it.

Jul 01 at 11:25:31 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
20 minute fucking update out the box on Switch. Better be good. 😡

Edit: It's pretty good, I guess.

Edited: 07/02/2019 at 02:04 AM by JamesRobot

Jul 01 at 11:43:09 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

How much time did you put into it? Curious because that will be the factor in whether I get it now or later.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 02 at 12:06:45 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

Just shy of 13 hours so far. That said, I take my time and explore quite a bit, try out all the different style of weapons, etc and that includes time 100%ing the map without a guide. You could very easily beat it well under 10 hours if you like to play your games very focused. 

Jul 02 at 6:13:20 AM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I got the bad ending by accident, just wandered into his room exploring lol after about 4-5 hours. You can "beat" it very early without much exploration done and after only a few bosses.

Jul 05 at 1:31:23 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Finished off the Platinum. Took around 30ish hours. Warning for those 100%ers out there: without giving spoilers, there is a missable trophy out there, so be careful.

Jul 06 at 11:59:21 PM
Rudybegga (86)
(Rudolph Rofinot) < El Ripper >
Oregon
I want the Switch copy.  But I heard there's some game breaking bugs.  Does anyone know if there's patches coming to fix them or if they're already here?

Jul 07 at 5:51:35 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: Rudybegga

I want the Switch copy.  But I heard there's some game breaking bugs.  Does anyone know if there's patches coming to fix them or if they're already here?

Looks like a big patch coming mid-July

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/bloodstained_ritual...

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 07 at 8:20:46 AM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Rudybegga

These are just the issues I have experienced first hand. Out of all of them, the crashing is the worse because the game does not auto save and you can loose so much progress especicially if you are farming for materials.

There are some bad load times. A few certain spots going from screen to screen can take a while, up to a minute. And one is a jump up, so when it finally loads if your not quick enough you fall back down and go through it again.
It freezes sometimes during gameplay. Length varies, I have had few seconds up to a minute. It will do it in middle of battles, and middle of boss battle once. It also randomly crashes. So save OFTEN. I have quit playing it for a day or so because lost so much progress before because it just crashes no warning.
Graphics are pretty ugly at the moment. Dont look at screenshots comparing it to ps4/pc lol.
Slowdown in a few areas. Twin dragon towers is bad, like it gets to a crawl at points.
Sometimes when you kill something the items are stuck in the wall, or floor, or just floating in the air and you cant get them even if you can walk over it. 
Controls not responsive. There are times you have to platform and you are going to tear your head out. I had to repeat a section more than I could count once. You will hit the jump button and just nothing happens. 

On their forums they have acknolwedged all of these and more are working on them supposedly. Said will have several smaller patches fixing certain things coming soon. Looking at the mid july patch it looks to fix lots of irratating things (The map is super irratiing, you open it with the minus button, and then out of reflex you hit b to exit and it places a marker. also it always opens giant zoomed out, you have to center it on yourself then zoom in to be useful. But looks like they fixing all that.) It may be a way more playable game after that patch, fingers crossed. 

Jul 23 at 3:01:11 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Freakin' love this game. Love it more than SoTN! (!!!)

I have the PS4 version and I've completed 100% the entire map (Had to find a complete map online and overlay my map over it in Photoshop to see what I was missing. So I guess I cheated, but it really becomes a pain to complete the map at around 98% lol) Still having fun with this game.

The only major problems I had with the game were Miriam's face being missing, some chests re-closing or being opened when I haven't opened them, and my attacks only doing 1 damage. However, all of this was fixed after the patch. Luckily, I didn't have the chest bug where I couldn't progress, so that was good. I still have a problem with the cool eye effect from the shard that makes you consume less MP goes away when you talk to a NPC, but I've found a work-around for that. Overall, despite it's flaws, it's pretty much a great game.

I'm also thinking about getting the Switch version as it doesn't look that bad to me. It's just optimised? I don't get the hate around it. I don't mind muddier textures or slower frame rate either. I can now see the boat details, the PS4 one is pretty dark!

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jul 23 at 3:16:53 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Got it Friday and at about 90% map revealed, just have to finish up the Ice area. I've been playing it on PC with absolutely no bugs or graphical issues.

I think I only have 1 more side quest to do, I did all the cooking quests and item fetch quests I just have to kill 1 more optional boss.

I'd probably go on record to also say that I liked it more than Symphony of the Night.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 16 at 5:14:40 PM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Has the big mid July patch hit the Switch yet? Are the issues resolved on Switch is more of my question. Thank you.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."