NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Mystery Prototype EPROMs

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:37:20 PM
Gamemaster Howard (5)
(Howard Phillips) < Crack Trooper >
Utah
Hi Everyone

Can anyone please help identify this set of EPROMs?

SuB EPROMs
I was reviewing my archives and when I came across these I realized I didn't recall which game (& game system) they were for.  Anyone have any ideas?

The only other info I can offer up is that they likely came into my possession sometime in 1989-1993 and judging by the EPROM count I would say they were either a SNES or Genesis game (not NES or GameBoy). They may have been provided to me by a developer wanting to do business with me while I was at Nintendo, LucasArts, THQ, or Absolute Entertainment. Alternatively, they could be a game signed and in development at any one of those companies that I have since forgotten (I wish I could remember ; )

So, any help would be appreciated. FYI - I don't have a SNES or Genesis board to test these out myself...

thx - h

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:55:40 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
It looks like a set of 8x 2mb ROMs which would add up to one 16 mbit game. There's nothing in the photo to identify the contents. Your best bet would be to have them dumped. Snes ROMs have an internal header that is generally populated. Not sure about Genesis. Worst case a complete rom could be combined and tested in various emulators.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:11:17 PM
Gamemaster Howard (5)
Utah
Yep - I was hoping the "SUB" or alternatively "SuB" labeling with be a sufficient clue for the NA proto-sleuths ; )

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:07:21 PM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
All the chips appear to show a 1992 manufacture date on them, so we at least know it'd be somewhere around then. I only can guess Sub-Terrania for Genesis. There's a Super Ultra Baseball 2 that was unreleased on SNES.

I'd offer to send over my SNES board for a Lion King proto I used to have if i didn't sell it   Hopefully someone else can help, or you can dump them somehow.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:23:36 PM
Gamemaster Howard (5)
Utah
Thx - I'll post results if and when I dump them...

Nov 21, 2018 at 6:38:24 AM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: introless

All the chips appear to show a 1992 manufacture date on them, so we at least know it'd be somewhere around then. I only can guess Sub-Terrania for Genesis. There's a Super Ultra Baseball 2 that was unreleased on SNES.

I'd offer to send over my SNES board for a Lion King proto I used to have if i didn't sell it   Hopefully someone else can help, or you can dump them somehow.
I randomly have a long board proto of The Lion King on SNES I obtained many years ago from the Tandy Corporation. Would that help? It still has The Lion King game in it though, lol.

Originally posted by: Gamemaster Howard

Thx - I'll post results if and when I dump them...
Good to still see you around Howard!

DRX on NintendoAge helped me dump some loose prototype SNES chips not so long ago. (Heck he still has them!) Try sending him a message on here, I bet he can help ya.

Also you should totally dump that NES Legacy of the Wizard proto. 

Edited: 11/21/2018 at 06:39 AM by Armageddon Potato