Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WTB SNES Chrono Trigger SEALED ... is it possible? Looking for my dream game.

Oct 17 at 9:22:37 AM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: jonebone

I don't see a 9.0 / A conditioned Chrono Trigger sealed going anywhere below $2500. My guess would be $4k+ as a better bounty. $3k isn't bad, shows that you do at least have some significant interest, but I wouldn't expect it to shake out any sellers.

Even a mangled sealed Chrono Trigger would clear $1500 IMO.

You certainly know more about this than I do and price seems to scale exponentially at the high end, but one sold in January for $1600 (or less). It had a beautiful seal and two corners with minor bends. Not sure how that would grade (certainly not 9.0).

Price is probably higher now, but it's hard to predict for these rare items.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/...

-------------------------
Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 09:23 AM by DoctorEncore

Oct 17 at 10:15:34 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
With all of the "OMG, first run Mario!" hype, sealed, first edition games have gone up. I think collectors were, historically more inclined to just collect what they wanted but in this past year, I feel like specifically CIB and sealed game collecting interest has gone up because of the recent high profile sales.

High profile sales gets attention. I think the market spiked and is cooling off, but I do think it got people to pay attention and even some new collectors to enter the market. That said, that means that even with a cool-off, prices will likely stay above where they were at the beginning of the year at a rate higher than they typically would be year over year. It annoys me a bit too. There were some first-run CIB titles that were low on my priority list. Everyone started taking notice and now that $100, first run CIB SMB3 in gem mint condition seems to be pipe dream. That wasn't so much the case when I first asked around earlier this year.

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Oct 17 at 5:16:46 PM
Chuckbiii (2)

< Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
There are a lot of sealed chrono triggers out there. I pulled a VGA population report a few years ago and there were way more of them than the other big snes RPGs out there. I had both a VGA 85 and an 85+. Sold them both shortly before the big spike in prices (still very upset with the timing on that. Missed out on a lot of $$$). Chrono is just such a huge classic now that it's getting harder to find. They were not that hard to find just a few years ago. The statement above about a collection of multiple sealed copies is partly true, but more than one collector.. A couple of years ago I knew of 3 collectors besides myself that had multiple sealed copies. Many of them are being "hoarded" now sadly, I believe artificially inflating the rarity/value. Anyway. Be patient and let it be known you are looking for a copy. One will show up.

Oct 17 at 10:18:39 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Archangel3090

honestly i think your offer price is 5x whats a sealed copy is worth. I know a few local guys that own sealed copies. I can ask them if you like they all got them for $500 or lower. but that was years ago. In canada btw
You're looking at 5k minimum in this market, if a seller knows what he or she is doing. A mint one going for 10k wouldn't surprise me at all.

I sold a 9.4/A+ for $6,000 in March, and the market has grown exponentially since then.

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 10:19 PM by ExplodedHamster