Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every N64 Game In A Year-2012 Last few days!

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:51:45 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Cabanon

Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

If you got to the end screen/credits than I would consider it beat. Do you get that in adventure 2 mode?

yeah you do get the credits and the ending is different from adventure one. its like beating MK64 mirror mode to have the red main screen. i'd say beat adventure 2 to complete it.

The ending may be different but it is still an end screen, borrowing from the "Complete Every SNES" thread if you get to A end screen than it counts.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:54:24 PM
Cabanon (53)
(Louis Duquet) < Lolo Lord >
Quebec

If you got to the end screen/credits than I would consider it beat. Do you get that in adventure 2 mode?

yeah you do get the credits and the ending is different from adventure one. its like beating MK64 mirror mode to have the red main screen. i'd say beat adventure 2 to complete it.

The ending may be different but it is still an end screen, borrowing from the "Complete Every SNES" thread if you get to A end screen than it counts.

good point. same apply to MK64 50cc cup only. you could do that and call it complete. which is not ?

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:24:07 PM
SengerCJ (7)

(Chad Senger) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I beat F-Zero X. And by beat I mean won first in all categories and unlocked all the unlock able tracks.

-------------------------
Nintendo 64 Collection:
USA Games- 197/310 63.5%
Japan Exclusives- 37/85 43.5%
PAL Exclusives- 4/4 100.0%
Japan/PAL Exclusives- 2/3 66.7%

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:54:12 PM
p33jay (55)
(Allen (PJ) The Awesome) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Oot beaten. End credits, all items & songs.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:14:42 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta

good point. same apply to MK64 50cc cup only. you could do that and call it complete. which is not ?

You couldn't call it "complete," but you COULD call it "beaten."  Some games there's just too much involved in completion to make it feasible, while others are small enough to complete in one shot.  WWF No Mercy, for example, would require getting 100% on all 7 belts, AND unlocking everything in the shop.  Considering I've had the game since launch and am still grinding in order to get enough cash to buy the Ho, that really says something about just how hard it is to 100% complete the game.  However, it can be considered beaten by beating a single ladder path and getting the credits.  Since we're shooting to beat the games, then beating Mario Kart 64 on 50cc would be enough to cross it off the list, but not enough to call it complete.  If that makes sense

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:44:58 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Yeah, beating Mario Kart on 50cc, as lame as it is, is considered a beat IMO.

Also, I noticed there's been a mistake (possibly my fault) - p33jay was awarded a point for Ocarina of Time a few days ago even though he just beat it. So not sure if we should give the point to Nightowljrm unless the 3DS version doesn't count.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:04:36 AM
SengerCJ (7)

United States
For the sports games, would completing a season be considered completing it, Or would winning a championship?

Nintendo 64 Collection:
USA Games- 197/310 63.5%

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:16:10 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: SengerCJ

For the sports games, would completing a season be considered completing it, Or would winning a championship?

I would assume winning a championship (where applicable) would be the way to go, but it's up to the OP.  However, if you were playing it for your own sake, would you say you beat the game if you played through the season and failed to win the championship?  Didn't think so

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:26:55 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Krunch

Also, I noticed there's been a mistake (possibly my fault) - p33jay was awarded a point for Ocarina of Time a few days ago even though he just beat it. So not sure if we should give the point to Nightowljrm unless the 3DS version doesn't count.

Like  I mentioned earlier, I beat every cup on 150cc in Mario Kart.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:52:31 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

I would say all games have to be the N64 version.  Ports tend to have differences that aren't always noticable at first.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:21:41 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I would say all games have to be the N64 version.  Ports tend to have differences that aren't always noticable at first.

I'm following the rules set up by the other 2 threads in that emulators are ok, so I figure the 3ds version counts because the differences in the game don't change it all that much, otherwise it would be considered a different game, and its really not. I also fixed the OOT entry to say Nightowl did beat it not p33jay

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:02:26 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

I'm following the rules set up by the other 2 threads in that emulators are ok, so I figure the 3ds version counts because the differences in the game don't change it all that much, otherwise it would be considered a different game, and its really not. I also fixed the OOT entry to say Nightowl did beat it not p33jay

The rules have always been that emulation is okay, but ports are not.  Just saying.

EDIT: And for the record, I'm the one who initially wrote the rules

Edited: 01/12/2012 at 12:03 PM by the_wizard_666

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:50:50 PM
8BitPat (24)
(Patrick Gionet) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Brunswick
I got dibs on DK64, I am starting it now.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:30:00 PM
SengerCJ (7)

United States
Since the new year, I have beat the following:
F-Zero X
Madden 2001
Madden 2002
NFL Blitz 2001
Star Soldier

Nintendo 64 Collection:
USA Games- 197/310 63.5%

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:42:57 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Star soilder was already beaten but you were marked down for the other 4

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:49:50 PM
Cabanon (53)
(Louis Duquet) < Lolo Lord >
Quebec
excitebike 64 is a bitch. god awfull game mechanic with though pro mode.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:04:03 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Finished Army Men Sarges Heroes today, and what a bitch that was, the control in that thing is such a pain. I'm used to modern games when you turn the control stick you walk that way, not in army men. Turning the stick spins your character than you wait for the camera to line up then press forward to walk. I won't go into anymore detail than that but the control really does suck, I got used to it enough to finish it. Good thing this game not only saves to the control pack but has a password system to because at one point I lost my save file on the second to last level, and without that password I would have quite right there. This game had alot of potential just not executed very well. I'm gonna try and knock out the sequel...just because.

Edited: 01/13/2012 at 05:04 PM by leatherrebel5150

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:42:38 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta

The rules have always been that emulation is okay, but ports are not.  Just saying.

EDIT: And for the record, I'm the one who initially wrote the rules

I actually agree with Wiz, I don't think Nightowljrm should get the point.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:51:48 AM
cyan_phoenix (15)

(Cyan Phoenix) < Meka Chicken >
New South Wales

Great idea!

I'm assumig PAL versions of the games on the list count too right? (please say yes, so I can  join in too! )

Edited: 01/14/2012 at 06:52 AM by cyan_phoenix

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:49:09 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
I just beat Diddy Kong Racing. I played Adventure Two mode and there were credits after beating Wizpig the first time but I finished the hidden world anyway and got the altered credits as well.

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:52:16 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Originally posted by: cyan_phoenix

Great idea!

I'm assumig PAL versions of the games on the list count too right? (please say yes, so I can  join in too! )

Is the gameplay significantly different in most games? If not then it should be okay.

I know you have some NTSC games you can play though...

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:23:02 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
I beat Castlevania legacy of darkness last week. Ill post a screenshot later

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:17:04 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
I just beat Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 so mark me down for those please.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:40:38 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Originally posted by: cyan_phoenix

Great idea!

Is the gameplay significantly different in most games? If not then it should be okay.

I know you have some NTSC games you can play though...

I've always said PAL and NTSC were both okay.  Don't want to exclude our European brothers just because they have a different TV signal

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:53:18 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Everything is updated, and yes PAL games are acceptable, and somehow the game list has 297 games. I don't know if I hit return or copy and pasted something weird somewhere but it should only be 296. I looked but didn't see what happened so if anyone happens to notice the issue let me know, thanks.