Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Arcade1Up bringing a line of classic arcade cabinets for sale this fall

Oct 05 at 3:49:05 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I got my Turtles today at the Walmart in Amherst, NH about a 45 minute drive from me.
I specifically went there with a hunch there may be a chance, of any Walmart in my neighborhood, that would be the one
Sure enough they had one and I was able to get an associate, as he was going to the back to get the lift somebody else was showing hard interest in buying in and seemed upset there was no associate around so I think I pretty much got mine within about a 2 minute window of opportunity. Haven't put it together yet, I'm just exausted carrying it up a flight of stairs....so much heavier with the riser in the box lol....I felt like Wilt Chamberlain after I got it upstairs

Edit: Took me three hours to assemble this! I totally screwed up and forgot to loop the stereo speaker wire under the screen and nearly had to disassemble the entire thing. I've had a long month at work too, my back feels shot after putting this thing together.....but......still totally worth it!

They also had 3 or 4 of the new Marvel machines in stock. The build quality and packaging in these Wave 3 units are way better than the Wave 1/2 were. Everything in my box was in flawless condition, you can tell they are trying to improve

There is also a new contest if you register your cabinet on the website, you are entered for a drawing to win 3 cabinets and risers. The contest ends April 2020. Only the TMNT, Marvel & Star Wars cabinets are listed to have this registration offer. There will be one winner.

Another one with the classic William Sessions message left in.....April looking so hot on the artwork

Edited: 10/06/2019 at 12:14 PM by Trj22487

Oct 06 at 5:32:11 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
So Ninja Turtles officially wins....today my 67 year old Mother played her first videogame in 20 years.....and she's the one who asked to play!

Oct 07 at 8:12:38 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Badass man for the purchase and your Mom!

-------------------------

Oct 08 at 3:48:02 PM
Milwaukee_Nintendo (17)
(Charles A) < Meka Chicken >
Wisconsin
Pretty pumped for the TMNT cab. Will be my first gaming purchase in a while!

Oct 10 at 2:19:35 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I would love to get TMNT, but being realistic, I don't have money or space for it. Have you had 4 people at once yet?

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Oct 11 at 9:01:20 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I've only had 3 so far, and one playthrough with a friend where we kept swapping around like I remember doing with strangers as a kid which I enjoyed

Oct 11 at 10:24:32 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I'm still hesitant to plunk down $399 on TMNT after the SFII was a huge letdown. Anyone have any issues with their TMNT yet? I may wait for a price drop if they don't sell like hot cakes.

Oct 12 at 2:57:19 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I haven't heard of a single person having any issue of any type with their TMNT or Marvel Heroes cab, the Wave 3 are absolutely superior to the Wave 1/2 Arcade1ups in terms of overall quality, the LCD screen is from a totally different manufacturer than the first two waves and at an improved viewing angle, the monitors have much superior blacks and vibrant colors, the sound is stereo and comes from above the monitor instead of from the controls. The sides of the machine have a glossy finish like only the Golden Tee cab had previously, any everyone who has opened their box has immediately noticed that the PACKAGING is far superior to the first two waves, these things are shipped extremely well compared to how the earlier cabs come packaged. The menu system at the start is very nice looking compared to their earlier look. The volume has 15 different settings instead of 3 so you can set it to what is perfect for you. I have yet to see one single person report any dead pixels in their screen on reddit, twitter or any other site.

Edited: 10/12/2019 at 02:58 AM by Trj22487

Oct 14 at 8:30:34 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Cool thing I didn't realize until yesterday (its in the manual) but on TMNT, holding each Start button for 5 seconds has a different function. if you hold Donatello for five seconds you restart the level you are on, and if you hold Raphael for five seconds, you skip to the next level. So that's cool if you want to see a specific level real quick, works in both games. Can cause some interesting temporary visual glitches depending on where you do it

Star Wars cabs are also starting to get into peoples hands, and looks like no worries with this one, it appears this one is just as quality as TMNT but contains even more options, full settings menus for each game!

Oct 14 at 12:21:34 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

I'm still hesitant to plunk down $399 on TMNT after the SFII was a huge letdown. Anyone have any issues with their TMNT yet? I may wait for a price drop if they don't sell like hot cakes.

Apparently the build quality is generally better on these newer releases from what I've seen in a few reviews online. 

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018.