Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"But most of all I remember the road warrior." Fury Road on the way......

May 26, 2015 at 3:37:57 PM
galacticlint (99)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Was there a compelling reason you dropped into a movie discussion thread to derail us with conspiracy theorist nonsense?

Yes but it was lost on you, it seems.

Don't worry, you are always free to do as you wish - don't treat me like a disease because I am not one.

Just posting on a forum is all, not hurting anyone.

May 26, 2015 at 3:41:35 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: galacticlint

Yes but it was lost on you, it seems.

Don't worry, you are always free to do as you wish - don't treat me like a disease because I am not one.

Just posting on a forum is all, not hurting anyone.

I'm just trying to figure out if you're joking or serious.

-------------------------

May 26, 2015 at 3:48:47 PM
galacticlint (99)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
That's a relief, then we're all in good spirits still.
*secret sloth handshake*

Back to the original point of the thread, the movie looks like a very intense, literally gutwrenching experience.
Considering how even listening to certain songs makes me toss and turn all night with them photographically playing on a loop in my head, I think I will excuse myself from partaking in this particular movie experience, as you may imagine.

May 31, 2015 at 6:49:57 PM
legendofthedocks (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Just saw it, thought it was great. Real nice to see a fully formed, badass female protagonist in Furiosa, much to the chagrin of Men's Rights Activists everywhere.

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:03:10 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
I am amazed that people would much rather discuss a mere moneymaker like Jurassic World over an auteur's vision such as this. And people wonder why those red box machines - build for morons, I might add - are taking over.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:20:04 AM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
People still haven't seen this movie yet?? WTF ballsacks!!

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:46:41 PM
Ninty64X (1)
< El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Jerbilly

I am amazed that people would much rather discuss a mere moneymaker like Jurassic World over an auteur's vision such as this. And people wonder why those red box machines - build for morons, I might add - are taking over.
To be fair Fury Road has been out for a while, I don't think it's even playing at any theaters near me anymore, and Jurassic World has been out for only around two weeks, so a lot of people are still seeing it for the first time and want to talk about it. I think that the Fury Road discussion will die down until it hits blu-ray when people re-watch it and check out the new black and white version.

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:46:10 PM
marvelus10 (46)

( . ) Boobies ( . ) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
I just had a Mad Max marathon, I'm ready to go to the movies now to see Fury Road.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:34:59 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Ninty64X

To be fair Fury Road has been out for a while, I don't think it's even playing at any theaters near me anymore, and Jurassic World has been out for only around two weeks, so a lot of people are still seeing it for the first time and want to talk about it. I think that the Fury Road discussion will die down until it hits blu-ray when people re-watch it and check out the new black and white version.

What is up with that black and white one? I mean, it just sounds so bizarre.

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:34:43 AM
Ninty64X (1)
< El Ripper >
Illinois

If I remember right George Miller actually filmed the movie so it'd work in black and white as well as color, and this version is going to show that along with using only the core dialog. Strange, but I don't think something like that has ever been done before, so I'm excited to see it.

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:51:12 PM
Kendama2016 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United Kingdom
Was going to watch this today, but someone cancelled on me. I am not a happy bunny right now -___-

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:12:02 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan

If I remember right George Miller actually filmed the movie so it'd work in black and white as well as color, and this version is going to show that along with using only the core dialog. Strange, but I don't think something like that has ever been done before, so I'm excited to see it.

It is different, that's for sure. I wonder how much of it will end up looking like the bog scene, haha.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:33:23 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

And people wonder why those red box machines - build for morons, I might add - are taking over.
The only moron thing I think about the red box machines was not doing the research to figure out they were owned by CoinStar and investing in the company before they exploded in presence and value.

I don't use them much, myself, but they are conveniently placed and cheaper than doing a digitial rental (<$2 vs $4 - $5 range)

I don't recall your family situation, but if you have an infant underfoot you'll learn to appreciate the very rare occasion that you actually get to go to the theater and see the value again in renting a first-run DVD.  

That said, Fury Road was the movie that got my wife and I to have our first real baby sitter come take care of the little one.
We still haven't even seen Avengers 2, and certainly aren't going to waste the effort on Jurrasic World.

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:52:49 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

I don't recall your family situation, but if you have an infant underfoot you'll learn to appreciate the very rare occasion that you actually get to go to the theater and see the value again in renting a first-run DVD.  

My problem with red boxes are the extremely limited selection, but let's not get into that here, haha

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:09:34 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Anyone else see this one yet? The film, I mean. Not this one -

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:06:46 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Anyone else see this one yet? The film, I mean. Not this one -
allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4M5..." width="560">>

You're just jealous that Immortan Joe is the REAL hot dog champ!

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:32:33 AM
rjsn83 (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
England
Fury Road has become an absolute favorite of mine. Up there with Matrix, American Psycho and others. So far I've seen this three times and I'm itching for the fourth.

So many aspects of this cinema I love
-Calling out 'Witness' and spraying your mouth with silver paint before sacrificing yourself? Honestly if I ever had to off myself I'd definitely shout that out
-Guzzling reference for petrol? Brilliant
-The storm sequence I found awesome

Among other things. Really wished this movie was longer and so many things could have been extended for us to know more about this world.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:56:46 AM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: rjsn83

Fury Road has become an absolute favorite of mine. Up there with Matrix, American Psycho and others. So far I've seen this three times and I'm itching for the fourth.

So many aspects of this cinema I love
-Calling out 'Witness' and spraying your mouth with silver paint before sacrificing yourself? Honestly if I ever had to off myself I'd definitely shout that out
-Guzzling reference for petrol? Brilliant
-The storm sequence I found awesome

Among other things. Really wished this movie was longer and so many things could have been extended for us to know more about this world.

I agree, but one thing I have noticed about Miller's Mad Max films is that he never really gives you any more backstory than what he seems to feel that we need. At the very least, he did plot several comic books that are intended to lead up to the film, exploring (to a degree, I suppose, as I have yet to atually read any of them) several key characters' backstories. I sure am glad that he chose to mention the story of the Doof Warrior, though. That was too cool.

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:15:29 AM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
I am bumping this thread because I see no point in beginning a new one for the same topic. Has anyone seen this that had not already during the lifespan of this thread?

I really just want to know, for my own personal reasons, if anyone has seen this video and, if so, what you think of it -

Call it my own personal little experiment.

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:58:14 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
I think he counts a lot of things against that are really "positive" aspects of making a good Mad Max movie.

But maybe that was the point. It was a fucking awesome movie with relatively few true plot holes that aren't simply part of "accepting the madness" of that world.

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:23:06 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
Maybe I'll be pelted with stones for admitting this...but I still haven't seen Fury Road yet despite being a fan of the series (I don't get to the theater much). My brother saw it and said it was enjoyable so long as one doesn't take it too seriously. By that, he meant that there was a lot of ridiculously over-the-top stuff in the film when you consider the context of the setting and so long as you can roll with such goofiness, it's a good time.

I'll check it out one day soon but, until then, I've tried to keep myself as free from spoilers as possible, so I guess I'll wait to watch the "everything wrong" video.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:34:03 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Webhead123

Maybe I'll be pelted with stones for admitting this...but I still haven't seen Fury Road yet despite being a fan of the series (I don't get to the theater much). My brother saw it and said it was enjoyable so long as one doesn't take it too seriously. By that, he meant that there was a lot of ridiculously over-the-top stuff in the film when you consider the context of the setting and so long as you can roll with such goofiness, it's a good time.

I'll check it out one day soon but, until then, I've tried to keep myself as free from spoilers as possible, so I guess I'll wait to watch the "everything wrong" video.

To be honest, I found the video to be the shittiest attempt at humor that I have ever seen posted on the internet, I was just curious to see if anyone actually finds that insultingly bad type of "humor" amusing.